Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

Sounds like lots of good advise, Marian. You will not be a great help limping and in pain.
 
It was a long day in my class. I didn't get much sleep last night because my knee was hurting so much. It was held in a second floor classroom in a building without an elevator. There was one very long flight of steps. We had a break about every two hours and I was very stiff and sore. Of course I drove back to my hotel and then realized I left my pocketbook back in the classroom! :rolleyes: So back over to the class location and up and down the steps. Of course my youngest asks me why didn't I put my keys in my pocketbook so I couldn't leave without it.:shrug: I've learned my lesson.
 
Hi Marian, so sorry to hear about all the difficulties you're going through. Several years ago my daughter was told she could possibly have MS. As it turned out she didn't. Her white count was extremely high because she was going thru an episode of depression. She got thru the depression and came out of it a very strong woman, thank God. Hopefully things will soon improve for both of you. Glad you'll be using a new surgeon this time. How could they see that x-rays and say things were OK ? Try to take it one day at a time, nothing stays the same forever, and you certainly are due for some good news. Hope you had a decent night's sleep.
 
I slept last night. I found a way to place my knee so it didn't bother me too much but I woke up with a very stiff back! I miss my recliner.:gaah: I got very stiff sitting in class all day but my knee isn't too swollen. I'm very thankful for that.

My daughter went to her neurologist and he is 95 to 100 percent sure she has MS. He has referred her to a neurosurgeon for follow up care. She is also scheduled for a lumbar puncture. He wasn't sure about the type of MS she has. The doctor is also going to speak to her OB/GYN because she wanted to start trying to get pregnant now too.
 
Glad you got some sleep, but sorry to hear of your daughter's diagnosis. Hoping her ms is treatable and something she can live a full life with.
 
Oh Marian I hate to hear that! I am so sorry. I thought @Celle's advice was excellent. Sometimes difficulties in life pile up on top of each other and you look heavenward and say "really?" Times like this is what tests our faith.
Hard enough to sleep well in a hotel away from our own bed, not to mention having a dodgy knee.
Good though you are in a class learning more about what you love to do. It is a timely distraction for you.
Wish I could say or do something to ease your worries.
 
I'm sorry to hear your daughter's almost-confirmed diagnosis. I know you were both hoping so much that it wouldn't be MS.
Lots can be done to help nowadays, so I hope that your daughter will still be able to have her family.
 
Marian, I will continue to pray for your daughter. I am sure she and her husband are going to need some time to "digest" this.

I am very glad you got some sleep! Perhaps when you get home, you will try your own bed? I really think you need to take care of you first and get your retirement sorted - your future is important too. When is your next meeting with your new surgeon? Prayers for you.
 
Hello Marian,
I am so sorry to read about your daughter's diagnosis. It sounds like she is getting good and timely care.
I have a friend who has lived with ms for over 20 years-he occasionally goes through relapses, but also has very long periods of no symptoms. I think the treatments are very good these days. Hopefully this will prove true with your daughter.
I agree with everyone else, you need to take care of yourself. I think it makes so much sense to have your revision and get your retirement plans in place before moving. Have you talked this through with your daughter? She might agree? Wishing you some sleep!!
 
I'm hoping to be able to go out on short term disability from my job and then return. That would be what I want to do. I'm going to see what my boss thinks about the timing of my surgery. I don't see my OS until 2/24. I wasn't able to move it up. He is booked thru March already. I'm hoping to schedule the surgery dot the end of March if possible. My daughter knows I'm available when she needs me. She's actually doing fairly well. We will all stick together as a family.
 

Staff online

  • djklaugh
    Staff member since December 30, 2020

Members online

Back
Top Bottom