Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

That sounds like a great practice! Although my hospital didn't deal with just ortho, I was pleased with the cafe I received. But it would be wonderful to be in a specialty hospital that does ortho only. My friend and I were both pleased with the revision dr. As she was driving me from the dr office to the hospital for the infection surgery (I was crying uncontrollably due to the idea of another surgery I wasn't mentally prepared for) she was telling me how much I was going to love this dr. She was right, I LOVED him! So kind, caring and saw me twice a week for a month until the seeping stopped. It'll be worth your time and research when you find a dr you like and have confidence in. I thank God everyday because my dr. was handed to me.
Oh, my friend is holding off on her revision as long as she can, wearing a brace when the pain is bad. After many Whipple surgeries due to VIPoma she just isn't ready for another TKR.
 
With work and considering the stiffness and aching it gets up to about a 8 or 9 and Tylenol doesn't particularly seem to help.
Well, that all depends upon the amount and frequency of your dosages. To be fully effective, you need to take 1,000mg 3-4 times a day. Do you take that much?
 
@Josephine To be truthful I usually seem to miss a dose a day since on my clinic where I work I can't have anything to drink. I usually take it first thing in the morning, mid afternoon and then at night.
 
@susie23 Hi! I can give you some ideas on what you need. First try to decide where you will be sleeping when you get home. I actually bout a new oversized recliner with a motor in it to raise and lower my legs. I also purchased some cheap bed pillows and pillowcases to use under my legs for elevation. In addition you might need an elevated toilet seat of some type, shower seat, walker and a cane.

In addition read all you can on this forum. Read the threads of everyone and the library articles. That will be the biggest help to you. You can also start your own thread in the pre op forum so you can make some connections with others having surgery when you do.
 
Marian I am so glad you had a nice Christmas. So wonderful to be with the family.
Anxious to hear what the new OS has to say. He is definitely well qualified so hopefully you will get some answers.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
 
Another 10 hour day at work and I'm hurting again (or is it still?):heehee:. I got home a little before 9 tonight and I have to be back at 8 am tomorrow. O well another day is one day older towards retirement!

I called my OS office today and even though I went there last week and filled out all the forms to have my records sent of my TKR and a disk of the MRI of my old knee made they hadn't done anything. :hairpulling: I'm usually not a fighter when it comes to doing it for myself but I'm ready to go there at lunch time and cause some problems and get my $300 they owe me.:tantrum2: I couldn't believe that they wanted $10 for the disk. :censored:
 
Marian, thank you for the support on my thread, and I am so sorry to hear that your job involves such long hours on your feet. I also think about retirement a lot lately, especially since my TKR, but it's still 3 or 4 years into the future, I'm afraid. I like working (and love getting paid and having medical benefits :heehee:), but my first week back at work was hard and painful, and I wish a phased return had been possible for me. Keep fighting for your records and let us know how it goes with the new OS.
 
Marian, don't let them give you the run around. If YOU owed them $300.00,they would turn you over to collection if you didn't pay it. You go girl! Have you thought of getting your CD from the hospital or wherever you had the imaging done?
 
Hey, Marian! Glad you had a good Christmas. Bummer having to go back to work so soon! What a bunch of foolishness from the OS office! That just adds insult to injury. I hope it will all be straightened out soon and you will be well on your way to putting this behind you! Hugs, H
 
I woke up to icy roads this morning. Fortunately my car is in a garage that is part of my house so no scraping or shoveling for me to do. Driving to work was a little tricky in the beginning but I pushed my AWD button and with my traction control I was able to get there without much of a problem. When I go there the entire parking lot and sidewalk was solid ice!! Yikes!! :flabber: I parked as close to the door that I could even though we are supposed to park away from the building. I was able to walk in some grass and grab onto the building to get inside. I was so worried that I would fall. ( I usually take 1 or 2 good falls on the ice a year).

After work I went over to get the disk of my MRI of my old knee. They gave me 2 disks. I was waiting for them to ask for money. No one was available of course to talk to about the money they owe me. I'll send an email tonight followed by a call to the office manager tomorrow at my break time. Next week I'm going after my former PT office. They owe me $500 of copayments I was not supposed to pay but was forced to because of a paperwork problem by my insurance company. Maybe I'll buy myself a Christmas present!:box:
 
Stay after them @newlybionic! Hang in there. This too will pass. :yes:

I had to pay $20 to fax 2 documents back in December. smh. I hope you can get some rest in and was fighting 0ver $200 with Amazon today and they never have been a problem. Just took 2 hours on the phone!!:hairpulling:

I'm doing well and haven't posted in awhile. Coming up on 6 weeks out. I took @Celle and Jo's advice and took two weeks to rest and do gentle home PT exercises before starting Out Patient PT next Tuesday. I'm going to be able to go 12 weeks before going back and am fortunate enough to seriously consider retirement this summer.

Hope all have a Wonderful Pain Free New Year!!!:beer:
 
Hi Marian. Happy you made it into the office without falling:)
Unfortunately the office can legally charge you for a personal copies of your records and X-ray /mri's. I don't always agree on what their reasonable charge is. The only one that they cannot charge is an other medical provider (or you to have records sent to another provider)...it is a continuity of care issue. I was Health Information for 20 years before I went into medical billing. To get your refunds...the best way would be to get your explanation of benefits (eob) you all the dates of service from your secondary insurance company. Most have online portals for their members. You need these to show that they have actually paid and they also should show patient responsibility. I know that you could complain or ask for a refund from their billing office and have them research it all but I believe in being very proactive, especially with my money. I do a lot of refunds due to secondary insurance companies not being reported by the office. In most cases I have to wait on payment from the insurance company before I can do the patient refunf.'


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I got home after 9 tonight from work. I've just finished filling out all the new patient paperwork for my new OS visit tomorrow. It will probably take me almost an hour and a half to get there so I'll have to be up and out early.
 
Just dropping in to say hello!! Walking on the ice must of been terrifying, glad you were smart and parked close as possible. Do you have a handicapped sticker/placard?
Temperature today in North Florida was 85 degrees! I wish it would cool down about 20-30 degrees! Guess I shouldn't complain :chinstroke:
Sending good thoughts your way for your appointment with the new OS.
My recovery has been uneventful, it has been about 9+ weeks since surgery. The swelling is so annoying, but I'll take it!
Really admire you hanging in there and still going to work. Prayers things get easier for you ❤
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom