THR Tomorrow is the big day check in time 7:45 AM Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fantastic...home is where your recovery can begin...nothing like your own bed and home comforts...glad all going so well. Take care. Chrissie xxc


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart®
 
Great news!!! Remember your mantra and take it easy. By the way...that incision is just amazing.
My last on was huge!!! needing 23 stitches.
How are you getting around?:bicycle2:
 
So good to hear you going home. There is no place like home :). Keeping great thoughts for your journey ahead. :flwrysmile:
 
Still praying. The real healing has just begun! First order of the day ... Behave yourself! (Would you expect any other exhortation from a fellow pastor?)
:grin:
 
@jebrig3164....Jeff that is fantastic news!!! I am sure you are glad to be home where you can rest without all the hubbub of the hospital!! Looking forward to seeing how you are doing....remember rest, ice, elevate and meds!!
 
Great to hear from you @jebrig3164 ...there's nothing like home and it is great you will have some help coming in to support you. Xxx
 
Nice neat looking incision Jeff - good to be home :)
 
Well it's 9 days sense I had my RTHP anterior approach . I'm really don't have any pain at all in my surgical leg. My left hip is what the problem is now. It's bone on bone and it still hurts. Can't wait until April to have it replaced. So I'm still walking with a walker due to my left hip. I been walking and doing my work outs.. I would tell anybody to do this surgery and not wait . It's awesome
 
@jebrig3164 . I'm curious why not a bilateral replacement? I am scheduled for a left hip replacement on the 21st but my right hip is really giving me fits and needs to be replaced too. I'm considering calling the doctor Monday and asking them to do both if possible. I am thinking better to just get it all done with at one time if possible. So glad to hear you are doing well. Gives me hope. Any problems with your incision area? I have skin/fat hanging over too I worry about since my doctor is going anterior.
 
A bama girl so far so good with the incision. I was goons to do bilateral but my doctor switched to just one hip because of the risk of infection is greater. If your heavy like me then your chance of infection is greater. My surgeon did the anterior on me and I have skin and loose fat hanging. I weight 310 now use to weight over 600. I stick a towel between the incision and between the fat and skin so they don't touch. You'll be ok just trust your God and your surgeon. I'm so glad I had it done!!!!!!
 
@jebrig3164 That may be exactly what my doctor is thinking. I guess I should trust his judgement. Are you finding that with the pain meds you are on your other hip is hurting less? I take ibuprofen like candy and it barely touches my pain. I'm worried my week before surgery when I have to go off everything but Tylenol. It does nothing for me. Yes, I am overweight too. I used to be 340 lbs, but am down to 270. Was hoping to get more off before surgery but in so much pain I can't even do any exercise anymore. I was feeling pretty good yesterday and went swimming at the gym. Today I am paying the price. In a lot of pain. So no more gym for me.
 
Fantastic news, just try to stay patient and don't overdo it. I reckon the time to April will just fly, here's hoping for you!
:spin:
 
Using your walker is one of the best aides you can use right now to help you move and protect the other hip.. Good for you - April will be here soon :)
 
Hi @jebrig3164

I did a search for Emory and it pulled it up your thread. I need a THR and live in GA. Do you mind sharing which surgeons you have seen at Emory and if you would recommend them? Did you have the surgery done at Emory Spine & Joint Hospital? How was it? Thanks!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom