THR Tomorrow is the big day check in time 7:45 AM Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
@jebrig3164 if you want to share your surgeon's name and hospital feel free to do so in this thread. We encourage that kind of dialog as there are probably others who could benefit from your input.

Great to see you home and healing. Slow and steady!
 
I had my surgery at Emory at the spine and joint center and my surgeon name is DR. Thomas Bradberry. He is awesome and he specializes in the Anterior approach. Listen he teaches at the university about this procedure and in my opinion is the greatest in Georgia. Listen I had no pain and I'm not just saying this. My surgery was almost two weeks ago and I can't believe how the level of pain is so lo!!!! I recommend Emory and the hospital staff is a 10!!!!!!!
 
Dr. Bradbury is the only surgeon I saw at Emory and other doctors from other hospitals had highly recommended him. I have had contact with Dr. Bradbury twice after my surgery and it only been two weeks sense my surgery.
 
Thanks so much! Great to hear that you had such a good experience! :)
 
Hey @jebrig3164 I'm thrilled you are doing so well. Your surgeon sounds very wise

Like you I was astounded at the lack of pain...more aches and such

Keep up the good work
 
Well tomorrow will make two weeks sense my surgery and the experience has been ok. The pain level 1-3 and I'm able to put full weight on my leg. I'm getting stronger I can lift my leg and twist it some. My feelings in my thigh are coming back normal I can feel it waking up. I have cooked and cleaned and mop my kitchen and wash dishes . My PT is intense and I will be tackling going up stairs 15 of them . If my other hip wasn't bad I probably would be on a Cane. That hip get replaced in April. Maybe as this operated leg gets stronger I could be on a cane next month. So far so good. I couldn't even walk before this surgery I was in a wheel chair. I'm grateful thank you Jesus!!!!!
 
So happy for you!!! It sounds like you're doing very well. Just don't leap too quickly into doing things....slow, slow, slow so you don't overdo it.
 
Sounds like you are doing so well! That's great news.:)

It's amazing you can do so much so soon. I also have 2 bad hips... so, it makes me nervous when I think about rehab. How do you walk up stairs if you still have a bad hip? Did they alter your pt due to you having trouble with the other hip?
 
Well tomorrow will make two weeks sense my surgery and the experience has been ok. The pain level 1-3 and I'm able to put full weight on my leg. I'm getting stronger I can lift my leg and twist it some. My feelings in my thigh are coming back normal I can feel it waking up. I have cooked and cleaned and mop my kitchen and wash dishes . My PT is intense and I will be tackling going up stairs 15 of them . If my other hip wasn't bad I probably would be on a Cane. That hip get replaced in April. Maybe as this operated leg gets stronger I could be on a cane next month. So far so good. I couldn't even walk before this surgery I was in a wheel chair. I'm grateful thank you Jesus!!!!!
Great report!
 
Jeff, your recovery is super!
Congratulations on how well it is for you. :yay:
 
@jebrig3164 I'm so glad to hear you are doing so well. I had my two hips replaced a month apart. Be VERY careful on those stairs. You sure don't want a problem with the bad hip to cause you to fall or twist the new hip in a way you are not supposed to. My surgeon insisted I continue using a walker the whole time between the two surgeries for that reason.

Gosh, and you're cleaning and mopping! I haven't gotten quite that brave yet -- I had a back problem which sidelined me for several weeks, so I'm a bit behind in the recovery curve. BUT I get around just fine with my cane now and am doing quite a bit of walking without it. WOW! I can WALK again! What a wonderful thing! I can see you feel the same way -- wonderful, isn't it?

Peace and love to you.
 
Great progress Jeff, I am so happy for you.. April will come around soon and then you will be a double hippie :)
 
How long the numbness on the outside of thigh last? Some say a few months maybe 2-6 months or sooner !!!!!
 
Sorry to say this, but it took quite a few years for about a 3-4 inch patch of skin to get feeling back. (Incision was 4-5 inches long). Never really concerned me though. Dr told me that the numbness of skin was normal. It eventually came back ... until he cut it again last month. :grin: Patch numb again.
 
That's really not normal years I understand months. Why did he have to cut you again?? Thanks
 
Revision. I had metal on metal issues. Big mess. Hopefully all better now. In terms of time frame, I think it depends on what exterior (skin) nerves that were cut during surgery. It may be they are learning the right angle of incision now and not so much nerves are cut. RN told me my doctor is cutting in a slightly different angle now. But for me, he wanted to keep from having an "x" on my hip, so he cut through old scar.

Again the numbness never bothered me. Numbness went from scar to 2-3 inches back. More of a curiosity for me than any real issue. Remember, nerves are everywhere. Drs try not to cut them, but damage to little/minor nerves are normal (at least from what I hear). Major nerves are a different story. They do all they can to stay away from them. The sciatic nerve is about an inch from the joint. Drs really try to protect that one.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom