Guest viewing is limited

THR Tomorrow is the big day check in time 7:45 AM Nervous

Status
Not open for further replies.
From what I understand, healing of nerve depends on what nerves were cut and the likely hood of that nerve growing back. Probably depends on person also. Everyone is different. I have heard some to have quick return, others longer. Sometimes nerves are squished. Sometimes cut. Sometimes just the trama. This all effects time frame. For most, probably trama. Mine were definitely cut, since it took years to heal.
 
I have quite a bit of feeling around the incision but not the incision itself @jebrig3164

Scars can tingle years later or even itch....my c section scar surprises me at times

Hope you are doing well
 
@jebrig3164 Have you been cleared to drive yet? Kind of wondering since I am getting my right hip done first and then my left in April. Would like to get back to work at 3-4 weeks, even part time. Not sure how long I will have to wait to drive. I suppose it can be different for everyone huh?
 
Would like to get back to work at 3-4 weeks, even part time.
I have only my own experience to go on, but I would not want to trust my right leg to driving now at 3.5 weeks out. No way. And as far as working goes, I am so exhausted by just walking across the street to my neighbor's house and back that I can't imagine being at work. I'm giving it 6 weeks and assessing it then.
I suppose it can be different for everyone huh?
Of course that's the thing, isn't it? Many stories of short recoveries and quick back-to-work times. Also many stories of 8 weeks being not enough. It's just THAT subjective.
 
@jebrig3164 I have a numb area on the right leg from the hip bone to the knee cap and about 6"across the top of the leg all the way down. It isn't interfering with my rehab but is annoying so I just try to ignore it and not expecting much with it. I guess my thought is to assume it won't come back then be pleasantly surprised if it does.
 
@jebrig3164 I have a numb area on the right leg from the hip bone to the knee cap and about 6"across the top of the leg all the way down.
I have the exact same numb spot. Mine ends just above my knee. (right leg only).
My left leg is numb only around the incision in an area just about 2" all the way around.
 
It's been three weeks today sense my surgery. My incisions is healing according to my PT which comes three times a week very well. I'm always scared of it because I don't want an infection as well. And u have skin and belly fat hanging over my incision . It was cut about 6 inches in the front and he cut me in the crease of my front thigh and that is where I'm always checking. He put a clear see through wrapping on it and I can see it well. I keep a dry cloth in between so it doesn't touch . No fever or anything, so far so good . I'm walking a lot better still with the walker because my other hip is gone bad and that one will be replaced on April 30th. I'm getting around much much better and u only take Advil for the pain. I cook, clean, mop, sweep and is for my self. I walk around the house and about a block a day out side . So far so good !!!!!
 
@jebrig3164 yep sounds like you are healing well. I also have fatty overlap and also got cut up through that and had the same concerns with that area but it is all healed up. I made the Dr check it yesterday just to be sure. I think having the outer layer glued helped a lot.
 
Thanks everyone a freaky freak he put glue on mines as well... I go back March 5 and I guess he is going to take it off
 
A bama girl I go back to the doctor in March 5th. I'm looking to be cleared to drive. I'm only taking Advil now, no strong narcotics so I hope so. I also have to have my left hip done in April on the 30th.
 
@jebrig3164 , just checking up on your progress. Sounds like you are doing really well! Easy does it on the chores around the house. They can be exhausting at this stage. Keep up the great work!
 
Jeff@JBrigg3164 ,
Careful with the sock thing....at four weeks that stretching would have hurt me...I was still using the sock-aid then. But in a couple of weeks it might be ok..
Go slowly and gently with new movements
You sound as if you're doing fantastically overall!
Very best wishes,
Gill
 
@jebrig3164 my dr said I could have been driving at 2 weeks if I felt like it but I was still on narcotics, but it did drive on Friday after being released on Wednesday. I felt like I had been freed from jail just knowing I could do anything then.
 
Hi @jebrig3164 once again it sounds like you are doing really well and taking all care with the skin around your wound.

Lets hope that getting that 2nd hip will really change your life

Good to hear from you
 
Thanks to you all. I really appreciate your words of encouragement thanks !!!
 
Well it is month sense surgery and I go back to the doctor next week to have my first check up. My incision looks ok not red and I'm so thankful to God. I sweep mop clean cook walk about 1/2 a day. Yesterday I got in my car with the big rims 22 inch and drove around my sub division for the first time it went ok. I'm just so thankful for the recovery going good so far. I'm waiting for April to have my other hip done on the 30th it's bone on bone. I'm grateful I'm 45 and I know it's going to be at least a year for full recovery but at least I want be suffering like I did last summer. Just checking in
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom