Guest viewing is limited

Knee Infection* TKR2019 Revision 2021 Now possible infection

Such encouraging news! Sounds like the third time's the charm!
Keep us posted on your journey, Romans 8:28
Wishing you comfort and steady progress on the road back to feeling good again. :thumb:
A great week to you!
@Romans8:28
 
How are you doing, @Romans8:28, now that you are 4 weeks out? I hope you are continuing to feel optimistic about this recovery.

Do give us an update when you have a chance. We're thinking about you.
 
Happy One Month Anniversary!
How have you been over the past two weeks since we last heard from you? I hope you're doing well and making steady progress. Let us know when you have the time. Wishing you a good week! :)
@Romans8:28
 
Hi Team,

Thanks for the messages. Everything has been going fine. ROM around 115. Still having a short sleep most afternoons!! So I am just over 6 weeks out, but dead on 6 weeks my inner thigh quad muscle decided that was enough and decided to lock up on me - pain!! It has eased off but limited my ROM, but I am back on the exercise bike and gradually making progress.
I see the surgeon in 2 days, so will let you know what he thinks. Also seeing the Cardiologist following up on my little episode on the day of surgery :-).
I am not stressed about the quad issue once I understood what seems to be happening. I still find that working form bed and keeping my leg flat as much as possible is helpful. I am up and down frequently, walking without assistance. Surgeon sent extra Celebrex to keep helping the swelling reduce.
My knee is smaller than prior to surgery, so that is fantastic, feels pretty good, I can walk without a limp and it is feeling strong, but obviously still tight.
In Grace. Romans8:28
 
If you have access to a physical therapist that is trained in pressure point (also called trigger point) therapy, that could help your muscles as well. It can work wonders in releasing tight muscle fibers.
 
Hello and Happy Monday Romans 8:28. Thanks for the update!
Good to read things are mostly going well for you.
Best Wishes for your visit with the OS and cardiologist this week.
@Romans8:28
 
Good morning. It's good to read that you're coming along just fine. Reading that your knee is already smaller than it was before your surgery is amazing!

Let us know what you find out from your cardiologist.
 
Hi Team,

Well the Knee Surgeon couldn't believe how well I walked into his surgery 2 days ago. He expected me to have a degree of difficulty given the nature of what he had to do with this second revision. He was very happy with my recovery to date and said the quad issue i had was most likely from a small bleed (not helped that I was still on blood thinners but have finished that prescription now). He wants me to keep taking it slowly and not pushing too hard. I asked if he could see any particular issues when he opened up the knee - the one that stood out for him was that the femoral head was not well attached at all and the likely cause of much of my swelling. I see him again in 6 weeks and he will hopefully give the green light for flying to Aussie to be with our daughter for a couple of weeks. I must say that the constant routine of exercises is monotonous but necessary - I hate/love the exercise bike and look forward to getting on my outside bike.

I also saw the Cardiologist on the same day. I had a halter monitor a couple of weeks before and then an Echocardiogram just before seeing him. There was nothing untoward to report from all that he viewed and he is very happy with my heart function. He said the brief 'VT' that occurred after surgery looks like it was a number of ectopic beats all together and not a concern. I do have frequent ectopic beats (as we all do). He said if you ever go under the knife for another surgery, make sure that the anesthetist is aware of the Vasovagal issue and that they give you extra fluids - hopefully avoiding any extra issues!!

So a very positive day. Ended it with a Bible Study that I was leading that night - so tired!! Keeping on exercising, heat is my new friend for my quad. Drove my Nissan Navara for the first time in just about 7 weeks today, but tested my braking ability with my right leg - no issues!! Thanking God for abundant grace!
 
What a good, uplifting post! It's great to hear that your heart is OK, and your surgeon is happy with your results. Ending the day with leading Bible study is icing on the cake!
 
Great news, @Romans8:28! Glad to read that your recovery is going well. Driving again after right knee surgery is a major milestone to be celebrated.

Wishing you continued progress so you can visit your daughter in the new year!
 
What a great update! You impressed the surgeon, obtained some sound advice and hopefully you'll get the approval from your OS in six weeks so you're free to fly to Australia for a visit with your daughter. Thankfully you also received positive news from the cardiologist and ended the day with thanksgiving as you spent time in God's Word. What a wonderful day! I hope you have a nice weekend, Romans 8:28. :)
@Romans8:28
 
Hi all, 8 1/2 weeks out from surgery. The Quad that locked has freed up (probably was a small bleed as the OS said). I keep on with exercises and use my mountain bike on the road for 15 minute rides as well as the indoor bike. Still taking the Celebrex. This morning the knee felt somewhat different, a little bit of pain but not constant. The top of my Calf is tender. The interesting thing is that my ROM has freed up significantly so that on the indoor bike my toes are right on the front of the pedal - it just seemed a lot easier. I'll take it and trust it keeps going.
I trust that you all have a great Christmas. I am back to teaching/preaching on Sundays and very thankful for the grace of life and being able to share the Grace of God!!
 
Good to hear that you’ve made some more progress. Sometimes it’s difficult to imagine how long recovery from joint surgery can take. Do keep a watch on the calf tenderness, though. If it continues or especially if it gets worse, have it checked out. It sure sounds like you have a great year ahead of you in 2026.
 
So a quick follow up. Since the 'change' on Monday, I have discovered that when I sit in a chair and get up if have quite a bot of pain behind the knee and that area is tender to touch (it was not at all before). I have a bit of fluid around my ankle/lower leg that is new. I am trying to elevate as much as I can. Where I was walking very deliberately without a limp, I am now a little compromised in my 'gate'. I see the physio tomorrow. Can bursa issues contribute to this?
 
Is there any redness or warmth? If so I would definitely get it checked out with your surgeon. Otherwise discuss it with your physio tomorrow and see what they think.
 
There is quite a time difference between you and I so I'm not clear on how long to will be until your Physio appointment. However, given the symptoms you mentioned, I also feel you should check in with your OS, or a nurse on his / her care team. I believe it's very early Thursday for you as I'm typing, but I would advise you phone your surgeon's office this morning to relay your symptoms for their advice.
Wishing you comfort...please keep us posted.
@Romans8:28
 
I pray it's nothing serious. Please let us know what you find out.
 
I pray it's nothing serious. Please let us know what you find out.
The physio said there is definite inflammation behind the knee. She has given the area some good massage and relieved it somewhat. It could be a Bakers Cyst, however that is unlikely as these occur more from repeated squats and weight bearing. Probably just an inflammation from all that is happening in the knee. Carry on with exercise, but RICE is the ongoing need and it will recover. Not sure if i should wash the cars now - they are so dirty :) maybe my granddaughters could do it as a Christmas gift :presents-under-xmas-tree-smiley-emoticon: they are 3,5 & 9, a great joint effort and being summer here they could have a water fight!! Not too sure on the quality of the job however!!
 
Not sure if i should wash the cars now - they are so dirty :) maybe my granddaughters
Don't even think about it! If you are inflamed then take it easy- don't aggravate things.
 

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom