TKR TKR 5th December Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Sue, I've had a very relaxing day, I've stayed in all day, I've pottered about, up and down stairs, not too many times, but it's better than staying in one place all the time. My knee is a little bit stiff, but nothing horrid, I think it appreciated a rest today after it's hard work yesterday.
I'm having lunch with a couple of friends tomorrow, which is very exciting. One will pick me up and I'm hoping a lot of laughing will go on. I've been off the Tramadol for a few days now, so I might even have a small glass of wine, my first since the beginning of December. I know it's supposed to be 'Dry January' but I think I've done my bit. I'm also going to leave the TEDs off for the first time. I know you gave up on them before me, I'm just too much of a goody goody, but enough is enough, it will only be two/ three days early.
Hope you are OK, xxxx Lyn
 
Hi Lyn, hope the rest day loosens you knee for tomorrow as you have such a good day to look forward to, Mmmmmm a glass of wine sounds nice, I usually have a glass most evenings when I start cooking dinner but have not fancied any since I came of hospital, I will not have any Tramadol again tonight and see how I get on. Feels nice not wear the TED's doesn't it?

Must have given you a lift the other day when you Son paid an unexpected visit.

Sue xx
 
Yes, it was really lovely to see him on his surprise visit. I know I probably shouldn't say it, but it was just so good to see him on his own. I admit that I tend to give James, my grand son, all my attention, so it was nice to talk to my son without competition from the rest of his family. Tomorrow will be my first TEDless day, but I'm sure it will feel great.
 
Yaaaay on.walk. Sorry haven't replied till now was traveling home and v tired when I got home. The hill is.1100 ft almost straight up. It used to take me just under the hour.but I would stop to catch the views, oh and catch.my.breath. I have a thinking rock about 2/3 up and I am missing it. Strange needing it but well that's me it called to me in a v troubled time. Hope you slet well and knee isn't shouting at you

Legin THR Sep 14
 
I may.get up soon if I.can build stamina but.coming down.is a big nooo right now with.silly.foot and lack of feeling. One slip and ooooooooooopsie

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Chortle I checked out slavesareus.com was told slaves can't get a slave tsk tsk.tsk

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin a thinking rock, that wound be nice, I do all my thinking when i'm doing my country walks, clears the mind

Guess the cowing down is the hardest part, I can walk upstairs sort of ok but my brain wont let me try to come down normally

Been out to lunch today so feeling very full, no problems with knee today after yesterdays walk, had a better night's sleep although woke up a few times.

@Ellejay, hope you are feeling very content and happy after meeting your friends for lunch.

Sue xx
 
Hello Sue, I'm glad you got out for lunch as well, life is definitely improving isn't it? I'm also glad that your knee has behaved itself today after your walk yesterday.
Funnily enough, I can come down stairs, but it's upstairs that still puts a bit of a strain on my knee, I can do it, but try not to very often. I have very much enjoyed my 'firsts' today, my first glass of wine, my first outing without a stick, and......even better...my first day without TEDs........I'm looking forward to sleeping without them tonight.
I'm now resting, icing and elevating for the rest of the evening. enjoy your evening, Lyn xxx
 
Ah but climbing 700 ft clears the mind to think. Also views are amazing Edinburgh to.south stirling to.west and.cairngorms.to the.north.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@Legin must say I do envy you your surroundings

@Ellejay Hi Lyn, been really busy doing stuff in the house today, only two days until we hopefully get the ok to drive:happydance:
Sue xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Aye i am v lucky and i know it i never fail to appreciate the beauty surrounding me
Right now its white too. Standing in kitchen just sorting marinade and blizzard. Great fun will be had not by me of course - whistles
 
Hi Sue, I hope you've had a good day. I generally pottered around all morning, and we both visited friends this afternoon for tea and cake, yum yum. Busy day tomorrow with the whole family coming over to celebrate my husbands birthday. I've prepped the veg already, so hopefully I won't join that club tomorrow.
I am looking forward to the ok to drive, but I don't see my consultant until 6.45 pm, so I won't be going anywhere at that time!
Have a good weekend, xxx
 
@suedobie
Good morning Sue, How are you? Hope you are having a good weekend.
I managed last night with no medication at all, and slept through the whole night, how's that for progress? I did need the paracetamol this morning, but it's all fine now.
Take care xxx
 
@Ellejay m
Hi Lyn, I am good thanks, walked with Ron and dogs yesterday and today which is good for my spirits, not taking any pain meds at night or during the day, still taking the Naproxen, been a bit lax with my excercise, only done one session a day dri,sat and today, my appointment is at 8.15 tomorrow so will let you know how I get in

In a 360 play barn with grand kids at the moment, can't join in as I usually do but perhaps that's a good thing!!

Good luck to you for tomorrow

Sue xx
 
Hello again Sue,
I've just returned from a walk, it seemed too nice a day to stay inside. Im now elevating and icing, my knee is stiffening up, but I've also used the static bike and done lots of physio exercises, so I can't blame it.
I'm glad your appointment is earlier than mine, I would be very interested in what your OS says about the future - eg -will you have any further check ups/ x rays? (I know I will have an x day tomorrow). I would be really grateful if you could let me know when you return home. Good luck with it, all being well you will be driving this time tomorrow.
I am planning on phoning my hospital to see if they have any cancellations for earlier appointments, 6.45 seems very late in the day, and they are forecasting a frost, so I'd rather be tucked up in my chair.
Lyn xxx
 
Hi Lyn
Yes it was a really nice day today if a little cold, we arrived back from the playbarn and decided to light a fire so now it's very toastie in here.

Glad my appointment is early tomorrow but did but know what to expect, maybe I will have an x-ray? My friend who had her op last year has not had any follow up appointments, she did expect an annual one but last time I spoke to her she had not hear anything

Of course I will let you know how I get on, hope you can get a can elation, yours is very late epically as you have to have an x-ray then see the OS any by that time I wonder if they run on time.

Sue xx
 
@Ellejay Hi Lyn
Sitting in Coffee shop having a celebrationary chai tea latte and almond croissant, I'm so excited, been given the all clear to drive, my OS said he was really please and I am doing really well, no x-ray today but I will have one when I go back to see him in one year, said I could ease myself back into normal life :yahoo::yes!:
Hope you managed to get your appointment changed to an earlier one, good luck, thinking of you :thumb:

@Nanna Moon 27 Hi Ann thanks for your kind thoughts, hope you are feeling good today

Sue. Xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom