TKR TKR 5th December Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
@suedobie
Good morning Sue, that's great news, well done, thank you for letting us know.
I have been phoning the hospital for the last hour and just keep getting their answer phone. They have always been very efficient, in all the years I've been going (lots) I've only once been kept waiting for an appointment. I will keep trying. Enjoy your driving, that will be me tomorrow, xxx
 
Hi again Sue, I've just managed to speak to the hospital, he can see me at 2.15, that's much better. I will report later, xxx
 
@Legin @Ellejay

Here's my girls
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 5th December Hello
 
They are gorgeous. You must love being able to take them out again. I'm fine walking on a path, but I'm still a bit unsure about rough ground.
 
Kira 9 left Abbi 7 right

It is muddy and quite uneven where I'm walking but I am being very careful and not rushing, my aim is to do my 10 mile route by March:fingersx:
 
Hmmmm.don't.forget you will need.to.build.up stamina as well lass. Those muscles haven't done that much work. But good goal to have.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
@suedobie
Hello Sue, I hope the day with Elsie went well and you are not too tired.
Next Wednesday would be fine for me, I'm not very good at early mornings at the moment so would 11o'clock be OK, it will probably take me about half an hour to get there. Where should we meet? Do we both wear red roses :heehee: so we recognise one another?
 
Sorry Lyn, just seen your previous post, ha ha pink carnation or red rose, I'm sure I will recognise you from your avatar but how about just inside the door near the silk flower bit, 11.00 is fine for me, I will look forward to meeting you

@Legin, thanks for your concerns Legin, it takes me 20 mins to go up and down the field, i'm doing that twice a day, I usually walk really fast, even though I've got very short legs :heehee: so I've really slowed it down, cant believe how quickly the muscle in my legs has disappeared, will definitely take a while to build up again, I plan to extend the walk by five mins when I feel ready for it
 
Good move lass it does take a while. After my achilies took 6 months to build muscle bk
 
Morning all, looks like it may be a nice day here today, I expected it to be raining Asia was when I went to bed last night but blue skies this morning.

I put my pedometer on yesterday and was really surprised that my "little walk" that I am doing twice a day with the dogs is 1.07 miles, it takes me 20 mins which is near the pace I usually do (between 17-20 mins per mile depending how often I stop to looks at birds, deer etc) think it will be a long time before I do 5 or 10 miles but you have to have faith!!!

Hope you have a great weekend
Sue xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Thats good i hv pedomdooodah app in phone handy wee things. Just remember dont push too hard
 
Well done Sue, that's so good, I'm really pleased for you. I've cut right back on my walks after my night time pain, I'm only doing the exercises and just normal walking around, as necessary. I'm going to try the bike again today, and build up my muscles and stamina that way.
My husband is off with the walking group this morning, it's such a beautiful day, who would have thought it after last night? The rain woke me up just before 2 this morning, it was so heavy.
Enjoy your walks and have a lovely weekend xx Lyn
 
thanks Guys, did you spot the mistake? I put 1.7 miles instead of 1.07, I've changed it now, Now that would be using it Legin:heehee:, although your not doing the walking that I am Lyn, you are much better in other ways, for example, I found it really hard to do the bike on Thursday and you seem to have not problems with that, I gues it will all come back to us eventually.

Agree about the rain, I expected it to be terrible this morning when in fact there is a bit of frost in places.
Sue xx
 
Oh it wasn't 17 then walking.you.are hmmm you walk.sideways

Legin THR Sep 14
 
no Legin wouldn't even be able to crawl 17miles at the moment let alone walk, that is bragging.

I have the pedometer app on my phone, use it all the time
xx
 
Me.neither 3 miles my regular. Bigger is the goal for me.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 5th December Hello


So nice to meet Lyn in person, felt like we have known each other for years, obviously we were on our best behaviour and no complaints for disorderly conduct

@nana moon I Ann so sorry to read you have more upsetting news, you certainly are getting more than your share

Sue xx
 
Oh what a lovely picture. Lyn you resemble my bf Lynne. Oh you both look so friendly and happy x

Lovely to see you two together x you look like you've had a great time and no disorderly conduct must mean no wine!!! Only kidding xx

Catch you later x

Love Ann xxx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom