Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 5th December Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ron has been diagnosed with Papillary Thyroid Cancer, he will have a scan within 2 weeks then surgery to remove the Thyroid, lymph glands and anything else that is affected, surgery will take all day and he will remain in hospital for about 4 days, 6 weeks later he will commence radio active iodine treatment where he will stay in a lead lined room until he is no longer radioactive, he will the be monitored to hopefully make sure he is clear
Although very serious, we feel a little relieved that he does not have to have chemo, also that we finally have a diagnosis.
 
Hello Sue

In one respect I'm glad that you both know what hubby is up against, on the other I'm just so sorry he has this and for the worry and anxiety you are facing.

You are not alone Sue, remember that you are amongst friends who love, support and care for you a great deal.

Take care Sue
Love Ann xxx
 
Sue, I agree with @Nana moon 27, at least now you know the enemy, and the doctors have explained the method of attack.
I can only imagine the shock you both must be in, I do hope that all your family are rallying round and giving you lots of support. When this is all over maybe you will be able to have the holiday together you have just cancelled, you will both deserve it.
My thoughts and prayers are with you, Lyn xxxx
 
Thank you all for your kind thoughts, we did feel a little relieved finding out yesterday, always at the back of your mind is the thought that it would not be treatable, it is going to be hard to get through the next few weeks before treatment commences as Ron just wants to get started asap.
We had a lovely few days away for my birthday, went to Nutfield Priory which was very relaxing
Sue xx
 
First I am very pleased and relieved for you both that you have a diagnosis and also that you have a treatment. I will pray that God wills this is all successful.
 
Just catching up on your thread. I'm glad to hear your husband is being treated promptly. Best/
 
Thanks you, yes we were relived to get the diagnoses, at the least we now know the enemy and are ready for a fight, I am sure it will be a difficult journey but it seems from the articles I have read, that there is a very good success rate in the treatment for this type of cancer.

@Ellejay Hope you have enjoyed your time in Cornwall, sounds as thought your leg has stood up to the task pretty well, I hope you and Ann are correct in that we can plan a holiday at the end of Ron's treatment, something to look forward to. My friend has a guest house in Norfolk and she has arranged for a few of us to go there just after Ron has his scans and in between surgery, again this will be something to look forward to

Sue xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi, Sue. You may notice that I removed a few tags from your post above. Please refer to this fairly recent announcement regarding use of tags here on BoneSmart. Please be assured that people who are posting to your thread will come and read your responses even without multiple tags. Thanks!
 
.....radioactive iodine treatment is highly successful treatment as you may have been told....I received a different form of iodine for another type of cancer and it completely eliminated all traces of the disease and still free after 8 years...Best wishes to you and your Husband.

Vinny
 
Sue, I have a good friend who successfully won over this type of cancer, so I hope this is the case for your husband. I'm sure his doctors have a good plan for treatment. Sending you both good thoughts.
 
Hi @suedobie

That's a great idea being able to go to Norfolk. It will all help his recovery and spirit to get away from the usual surroundings. I think that it will be a lovely break and something else to focus on x x x

Love Ann x x x
 
@suedobie
Hi Sue, it was lovely to hear from you over on my thread, you sounded so bright, well done, I'm sure life must be difficult for you at the moment.
I'm glad to hear that your new knee is behaving, the bend may increase, my first one never has, in fact neither knee could cross that darned stile, but the lack of pain is worth these small inconveniences.
I would love to meet up again, Van Hage will have all new stock in now, so it will be good to go again. You enjoy your weekend in Norfolk and we will arrange something when we both get back. Lots of hugs to you and Ron, xxx
 
Hi all just a quick update, at last Ron has been given a date for his op next Thursday, the delay has been because he the MRI showed that there is a patch of cancer at the top of his chest (not in the Lung) therefore he has to have an ENT team from Addenbrookes and an Cardiothoracics team from Papworth in attendance, it has been a nightmare getting a date the suits both teams, unfortunately for other people all their ops have been cancelled on that date so that Ron can have his, we have been told that he will be in surgery all day.
We are still keeping positive but he has some good and bad days but just wants to get started on the treatment plan.
The knee is not too bad but like Ellejay, when I walk too much it tightens up and hurts a little also I still get some pain at night when I lay in certain positions especially find it difficult to lay on the knee replacement side, not taking any pain meds but still on Naproxin to try to get swelling down. It does not stop me doing anything, we spent a lovely day in St Neots and St Ives having lunch overlooking the river last Monday and I'm still walking the dogs about 2 miles twice a day. Only disappointment is I cannot bend it any further than I could weeks ago, I do hope this will improve with time. Will keep you updated. Sue x
 
Hello lass good to hear from you. Like Lyn you have found it takes a year or more to go thru this. Also all the worry and strain means you are like a bow string being pulled back. So glad Ron has a dated action plan as in dates for surgery. Good on you both for getting out and about.

Legin THR Sep 14
 
Hi @suedobie

Thanks ever so much for giving us an update on Ron. I wish him all the very best of good luck for a successful operation and for you being so supportive for him. It must be a very worrying time for you to say the least, let alone how Ron is feeling.

As regards your knee it should improve with time I'm sure. If not, perhaps once all this with your husband is done, maybe you could get yourself checked over by your OS when you get a chance. I'm glad you've had a lovely break together. I love Cornwall!

Please take care both of you. You are in my thoughts and prayers. Good luck!

Love Nana moon 27
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom