TKR TKR 5th December Hello

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you like sweet thing you'll love the Chair Latte.

Let me know how you get on with the wii, I have one but never thought if using it for PT, in one of your previous posts you said you used your exercise bike, can you use it now?

If I lift my leg slightly and wiggle it my knee makes a clicking sound, its a bit alarming, hope nothing has gone adrift!!
 
Dont worry about the clicking, at times it will become full blooded clunking! My first knee is really noisy at the moment, even my husband can hear it, once I get the muscles tight again it will be fine, but a bit of clicking is quite normal.
Yes, I've used my exercise bike for ten minutes today. the physio at the hospital said I was ready, and I used one under her supervision last week, so yesterday I uncovered mine (it had been stored away for Christmas as we needed all the spare rooms) and I was off! I couldn't do it this early in my last recovery, this second knee just bends so much better.
 
WOW I'm so jealous, don't think I could do a full rotation, have an appointment tomorrow with PT so will see how I've progressed
Thanks for the reassurance about the clunking, does not sound good
xx
 
I've cut down to 1 Tramadol + 1 paracetamol an hour before bed, maybe I need to up it a bit, especially as I get more active.
I never cut down on the paracetamol as 1,000mg is the effective dose. So I strongly recommend you stick with 2 no matter how many Tramadol you are using.
Let me know how you get on with the wii, I have one but never thought if using it for PT
The Wii Fit is widely used in care homes to get the residents active and they love it! It's active enough but not too rigorous. Just right. I have one too but can't remember the last time I used it. I just wish it would split the TV screen so I could watch TV at the same time!
 
I'm having a good laugh at the moment at my husbands efforts on the Wii Fit. He is 'demonstrating' all the balance games, I'm sure they will be good for me. We haven't used this thing for years. Good luck with the PT tomorrow Sue, and just Good luck tomorrow Josephine xx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
ha ha, that's so funny, I remember one of the games it was a character in a bubble on a river and you have to navigate the twists and turns of the river without hitting the bank and popping the bubble, I could never get further than the first bend
 
:rotfl: That is exactly the one I have been trying. The PT had a wobble board, I reckon that this game will make a good substitute. The boards are only £10 on e bay, but it's just another thing to clutter the house with,so if this rather elderly piece of technology can help then that's good.
 
Sounds as though you can do without the wobble board, I'm trying to de-clutter my house not add more "Stuff"
and the wii is so much fun
 
Dozy Dora here, I can't believe it but I woke up at 9.45, I did wake a few times between 5.30 and 9.45 but went back to sleep, must be the pills but I only took 2 last night at 22.15.

still very windy here, Ron has taken the dogs out but don't know if he will be able to keep upright:rotfl:

Hope you are all OK and have a good day

Sue xx
 
Hi Sue, I did exactly the same - 2 Tramadol at 10.15pm with my hot chocolate, I woke at 2.30, slept until 7.15, put ice on my knee and didn't know another thing until 9.45. I find I'm taking two paracetamol during the day and two Tramadol at night, and that's it now.
At least it means a shorter day to be bored in today. Yesterday I was trying to convince my daughter to arrange a date take me shopping, but her and my husband ganged up on me and said I would only over do it, and she refused. I proceeded to spend a small fortune online on some new jumpers, but it's not the same, I want to go out! We are meeting two other couples for a meal at our village pub this evening, so that should be good, I'm really looking forward to it. Last time I had visitors literally everyday for weeks, in fact it got a bit much, but this time everybody seems to be away, ill, busy, or just thinking oh, she's done it before, she doesn't need me now, but I do, I admit I am getting really bored now. I watched three Sherlocks on DVD yesterday, and have another three today. My knitting is growing, very slowly, and I'm getting through my book.
I will definitely start back at the gym next week, I need to get out of the house.
Sorry to moan on your thread Sue, it's not that bad really, it's just that now I'm beginning to feel I can do anything, but really I can't, it's the frustration of a normally busy person.
Have a good weekend Sue xxx
 
Hi Lyn, no prob you moan all you want lovey, get it off your chest, I must admit I've not been bored even though I don't usually sit down for 5 mins at a time, I usually potter around the house after breakfast, do some exercises, watch a movie while ice/elevating read the paper. I walked up to the garage to get the local paper yesterday, so by the time I've had some lunch don't more exercises maybe watched more tv I can't believe it's time to start thinking about getting some dinner.

I do think your Daughter cold have taken you for a bit of retail therapy, a couple of hour in John Lewis Welwyn wold have lifter your spirits n]and saved you money by the sound of it!! there is nothing like real shopping, when Ron took me to Lakeside on NY Eve I had a great time and did not over do it, someone told me you can hire electric wheelchairs in WGC.

We are off to Tesco woooppee so will definitely stop somewhere for coffee, speaking of which the coffee pods arrived yesterday, how amazing was that, I only ordered them pm the day before, tried the Vanilla sample they sent today, not sure about it!!

Have a nice meal with your friend's this evening.

Sue xx
 
Sorry I was miserable this morning, I'm fine now. I've spent what was left of the morning doing all my exercises, I managed two miles on my static bike, lots of steps on my mini trampoline and I'm now once again resting with my legs up the wall, ice wrapped round my knee. A bit of exercise is always good for the spirit as well as the knee. I will play on the Wii Fit later on after my knee recovers, it's a bit stiff now.
I hired one of the electric scooters at WGC during my first recovery, it was great fun, I was hoping to go down to Brent Cross with my daughter, I'm sure they must have scooters there. What I really wanted was lunch at Yo Sushi!, I really fancied a meal there, and that is the closest branch that I know of.
Happy playing with the coffee machine, that delivery was very fast. xxx
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Lyn, Guess you are either out with your friends or getting ready to go, so have a good evening.

I am taking two Paracetamol and 2 Tramadol at night and only 2 Naproxen during the day, I did fancy a glass of wine tonight but it says that No alcohol with the tramadol, I wondered if you had a little tipple tonight:martini:, i'm not talking the whole bottle just a taster!!

I know what you mean about visitors, although I had two friends come round this week, the 2 weeks prior to that I saw nobody, I understand they all must get on with their own lives, and being trapped in the house you cant arrange to meet anybody, I do not have any children of my own just 3 step daughter who I get on well with but again they are tired up with their own lives and children etc, does make you wonder though, my friend in Jacksonville Florida husband died last year and she says the same, everyone was very supportive for the first few weeks but soon went back to their own problems/lives/hobbies and she does not want to burden anyone when she is feeling a bit low

I'm a bit tired as we went shopping to various shops today, I walked to some but the last one went in the wheelchair, knee is letting me about it now!!

Chat tomorrow

Sue xx
 
Hi Sue,
How are you today? I hope your knee didn't play up in the night because of your shopping trip. I had a lovely evening yesterday, it was great to be in company again. I'm afraid I'm a real 'goody goody' and if I'm told No Alcohol, I do as I'm told, so no, I stuck to my J2O last night, early December was my last taste of wine. I can't say I'm desperately missing it, but it is nice to relax in the evening with a glass now and then.
I had done quite a lot yesterday, finishing off with walking round the village last night, to the pub then ending up at one of the friends houses for coffee and then walking home, I was expecting a painful night, but no, it was fine. I'm wondering about trying just paracetamol at night and stopping the Tramadol altogether. This will help with getting back to driving, hopefully next week, and just one more week of TEDs, I can't wait.
Re friends visiting - I know all my friends will say "but why didn't you phone me" but I just don't want to sound pitiful and needy. I know I'm being silly, but I can't do it. Either they want to see me or not. Next week when I'm driving (hopefully) it will be easier. I still find being a passenger in a car a relatively uncomfortable experience, my knee doesn't like the vibrations and sudden movements. I sit there holding it, which makes my husband think he's driving badly, which isn't the case at all.
We've booked a week away in a cottage in Cornwall in March, so there is something to look forward to, and to plan for. I hope my knee will be ok by then in the car.
I'm having a very lazy day today, do you have any plans?
Have a good day Sue, xx
 
Hi Lyn,

I have just been for a walk with Ron and the dogs, I pushed the wheelchair most of the way and got in it a little way from the car, it was so nice to get out with them again. I did not suffer any effect from my walking yesterday, I did not have such a good nights sleep as the previous one but it was OK. I find sitting on the back seat with a pillow under my knee the most comfortable.

I have been very naughty and not worn my TED's since last week, after all Josephine only wore hers for 4 days last time!!! Will keep off the booze until I stop taking the Tramadol:nah:

Just had a call from a friend who runs a guest house in Norfolk, two other friends have arrange to go and stay there on 7th Feb so that will be nice to look forward to, everyone always say if you need anything just give me a call, but like you I'm extremely independent and don't like asking

Going to Hertford for a coffee now.

Have a good day

Sue xx
 
Hi Sue,
How are you today, I hope you haven't had to take the dogs out in this awful weather? Xx
 
Morning @suedobie

You're doing ever so well. I've just been catching up on your posts, well done xxx I too love wii fit.

Sue and @Ellejay my wii fit board tucks very nicely under the tv stand and it's unnoticeable. Well worth the money. Now I'm feeling better I shall start using it. If I do it in Saturday when the kids come it'll motivate me and we can all have fun!!

I'm glad I read your post. Please keep up the good work and well done on going out with your husband and the dogs. Normality is the key to a good recovery xxx

Love Nana moon 27 (Ann) xxxxx
 
Well I survived the day looking after Elsie, she was very good and slept for quite some time, then I pushed her across the road to pick up her 4yr old sister Darcey, my knee has felt great all day, no pain or twinges but I have not done any exercises all day, did manage to get some time elevating and iceing so log may I continue.

Update: Ron has just spoken to his daughter and Elsie is screaming the place down in the background, thank goodness it did'nt happen when I was there:wink:

@Nana moon 27 Hi Ann, thanks for your support, I have not tried my wii yet, Lyn will have to let us know if she thought it did any good or that she just had a laugh doing it!!

Have a good night

Sue xx
 
Hi @suedobie,

I'm glad to read that your knee had no pain or twinges. As for exercise your probably did enough looking after the children. It all counts x x x

My pain levels are definitely a lot less than they've been in a very long time x (about time).

Btw how's the weather by yours. We had a brief snow shower and that was it x x x

Take care
Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
@Ellejay @nana Moon
Morning Ladies, hope you both had a good night, unlike me, fell asleep on the settee for a couple of hours and went to bed at 11.00, I did not take any Tramadol last night only two Paracetamol, I slept about one and a half hours all night, I had no pain or aches in my knee all night so that did not keep me awake but lots of other things, Ron was still watching tv downstairs so I shut the bedroom door then one of the dogs opened it, then one of the dogs was snoring, when Ron came to bed he put the bathroom lights on, my brain was racing thinking about all sorts of things and my nose felt bunged up, I can usually sleep on a clothes line so not sure what was going on.

Today is another day so hope it brings good things to you all
Sue xx
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom