TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway I got on the stationary exercise bike for a few minutes this evening. I have not had the energy or felt up to doing anything in the form of exercise for a while. Those few minutes really loosened up my knee considerably after taking a hot bath. It really felt good. :happydance:.
:thumb:
 
Been feeling not good this week.My knee is okay. The knee is actually starting sometimes to feel like a normal knee at time, but I know I have more healing to go. I still get tingling sensations in the knee. Felt okay Monday and Tuesday then started to go into a RA flare up on Wednesday. Thought I would have to leave, but took a Motrin and relaxed on my lunch hour and was able to make it through the rest of the day. Again Thursday and Friday not feeling well due to RA. Friday I went for a walk on my lunch hour so needless to say that evening the knee was sore. Took pain med for knee and went to bed. When I woke up today I felt like a ton of bricks was resting on my shoulders and my left wrist hurts bad. Just took a hot bath with epsom salt. Still achey. Took another pain pill and trying to relax enough to get to sleep. I did try to do some things around the house because I hadn't for along time. I got the front foyer, main bathroom, and living room rug steam cleaned rug. Had to get ready for my mom who will be at my house with the home attendant. Mom has Alzheimer's. Hope everyone is having a good pain free day. Oh by the way, I have started line dancing classes. Loads of fun and I need to keep moving.:happydance::dancy:
 
Just passing through, to check on you. One things for sure... "If they can't keep a good MAN down, they sure can't hold down you down, WOMAN!" Lol you are like the Energizer Bunny, and trust me I know what that's like. There's another expression, "it takes one to know one." :yes: I'm a Multitasking Monster. :dancy: Lol The surgery has slowed my body down some, but not my mind. :rolleyes: Speaking of which, I gotta run over to my thread and make a quick post, then get back to my day.

Hope everything is going smoothly with your mom.:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @ Bionic woman2, Thanks for stopping by. Recently got home from line dancing class. I do enjoy it and I think it helps me with co-ordination. I love to dance. I totally understand this surgery slowing us down. Between this and the RA sometimes I don't know which is tiring me down more. Am doing well. Hope you are as well. I need some laughs so I will be in your site soon. Always good to hear from you. Have a great evening and good week. :dancy:
 
Hi @chestnc you are a very good and kind person. You are always so cheerful. You do so much with working, looking after yourself and your mom. I'm glad you tarted line dancing I used to absolutely love it but my knee got so bad I had to quit and I was devastated.

I smiled at your profile pic you are so pretty Christine. What made me smile was the fact you were standing next to a sign saying petting zoo! It reminded me of last year when I was out and about on holiday with my family grown up kids grand kids etc they said ooh Nan stay right there we want to take your picture! So always being willing to go along with what the kids want I stood and I posed and they took the pic but people around started laughing. I immediately checked my dress in case there was a problem. Looked at my shoes, you know all the stuff you do in a panic. And the laughter got worse. Anyway, it turned out the little rascals, the teenage grandchildren and my kids had stood me right underneath a sign that said £2.00 a ride....... I went bright red which is unusual but then I just howled with laughter but I was a bit embarrassed!! My husband couldn't breathe for laughing because of their cheek to their Nan. I forgave them, needless to say, it was just a teenage prank but I honestly think it was funny on hindsight.

I enjoy my time with you I the limericks sometimes they are just so funny and I feel they are naughty sometimes but life's too short to be miserable. I hope that you are ok and had a good nights sleep x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Thank you so much for the lovely compliments. They are well accepted. Actually that petty zoo was part of a small fair in Abaco, Bahamas believe it or not. Sometimes I need to take a break and I go visit friends I have there and I love it. I haven't been there since last year and really miss going. But with the knee and back and forth with doctors appts. I couldn't get there, fortunately I was able to go to Brazil right before I had my surgery. This was with the aid of a steroid and pain med injection into the knee before traveling so I could enjoy myself. I have some photos posted in the social room in a thread I started. Here is the link if you'd like to take a peak... https://bonesmart.org/forum/threads...e-travelled-or-would-like-to-travel-to.22708/

Your children sound like jokesters like my younger son. That sounds like something he would do while taking a photo of me. He loves joking around sometimes. It's all in fun!

I also enjoy our time in the social room on the limerick board. I find myself sometimes to unwind at lunch time at work popping in there adding a line or two. It is very relaxing and it helps stimulate those brain cells. :heehee:. I had a good night sleep and hope you did as well. I hope you are feeling stronger and better each day. Take good care of yourself and and thanks for stopping by. Have a great day!! :dancy:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, and @Bionic woman2, hope all is well with you guys. I have not been on much this week as I am just so exhausted when I get home. Wiped out. Have taken a nap for the last two days at work on my lunch hour. I am not certain if I mentioned it, but I have started my line dancing classes. The classes are fun. We do all of the dances country, soul, everything. It is so much fun and it keeps me moving and co-ordinated. My knee at the almost 5 and 1/4 month mark feels like it is mine. I do have some pins and needles sensation at times, but I have forgotten at times that it is a new knee. I have started putting a scar cream on it, though the scar is not that bad looking. So far doing well. I think it is the Rheumatoid arthritis that is causing the extreme fatigue. You guys take good care of yourself!!
 
@chestnc Sure hope you feel better today. I noticed in the Limericks thread that you had a migrane and the RA was really bothering you! I hope this day brings you some relief and I hope you aren't as drained at work!!
 
Yeah, some weeks are like that aren't they, chestnc. :yawn:
 
Hi chestnc, Glad to hear your knee feels good. My both knees also feel good. It's a wonderful feeling. I also have some tingling and still ice once a day. Sorry you have some pain from RA.
 
@ Twiggy and @suzzee2000 , thanks for thinking about me. My head was pounding so badly last night I could barely sleep, which makes for a tired day. Better now. I will be going to bed early tonight and hope I sleep through the nite. I am tired. How all is well with you guys I give both of you credit doing the BKR. Though my experience was good I don't want to have the other knee done. It is not bothering me and I hope it doesn't. I am having a difficult enough time dealing with the RA pain. Hope you guys have a good nite. :)
 
Hi Chestnc.....Glad you are feeling better! That would make for a tired day! I am doing really well and going home on Friday!!!

hough my experience was good I don't want to have the other knee done.
After this experience I would not want to do it again!!! I don't blame you friend!!!!!
Good night hope all is better tomorrow!!! :)
 
Hi @suzzee2000, @Nana moon 27, @ Tashia, @ Twiggy, @ Bionic woman, hope all you guys are well. Did not have anything else to do so now I have come down with a cold :boohoo:that I am battling quickly to get rid of. Bought lots of fruit and drinking tea :beer:. Ugh.. had a whole grapefruit before dinner, tea :beer:, cold medicine, Vicks, a Benaryl, missed my line dancing class and rested. Went into a deep sleep and one of my cats woke me up along with the light on and TV blarring at me. Will get some more sleep but you know that blah feeling... Hope this leaves me soon... Hope you guys are doing well. Take care of yourselves. :)
 
Ah @chestnc poor you! Please get well soon. You've done the exact right thing treating it quickly. Yuk about a whole grapefruit but they are so very good for you x x x it's a shame you missed your class. I know how much you enjoy that. I hope you can sleep we all now that it's great healer x x x

Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
So sorry you feel so poorly @chestnc !!! It's bad enough recovering from our surgeries let alone battling sickness too!!!! Rest Up Friend so you can go to your next dancing class!!!!

Bought lots of fruit and drinking tea :beer:. Ugh.. had a whole grapefruit before dinner, tea :beer:, cold medicine, Vicks, a Benaryl,
Perfect for getting better!!! See you on the Limericks thread! :):)
 
Hi @suzzee2000, thank you so much for thinking about me, in the mist of your recovering from new post-op BTKR. You are amazing. I had to take off from work today as I just did not have the strength to even get myself dressed, let alone drive in. Having RA and being on these immunosuppressant drugs just puts me at more of a disadvantage for infection. So rest and lots of tea and pain meds as the cold will trigger RA to act up. Will keep you posted. Hope you are feeling well and those knees are busy keeping you moving. My hat goes off to you folks who do both. Keep resting and getting stronger each day. I will be Limericking today as I will basically be bed bound. Take good care of yourself. :dancy:
 
@Nana moon 27, Thank you for your kind words. I ended up taking the day off from work. When I woke up it felt like a mack truck had run over me and i could not figure out how I was going to dress myself or drive in to work. A cold or anything untoward throws me into an RA pain state. And migraine headache.. so I figured not a good idea to attempt to go to work. Even though I have no sick time. I don't want it to spread to others and I know in order to nip it, I need to rest so I can be strong when I do go back to work. Yes citris fruit is good for flushing out the system if you know what I mean. I love grapefruit and haven't had it in a long time. Hope all is well with you. have you figured out a return to work date? You will probably be so sick of me because I will be online in bed most of the dau. Take good care of yoursef.
 
I will be Limericking today as I will basically be bed bound. Take good care of yourself.
Great I will be watching!! I've been busy falling asleep and dozing off constantly so I might not be on top of my game like I would like to!!!!! So glad I found Bonesmart!!!!:):)

? You will probably be so sick of me because I will be online in bed most of the dau. Take good care of yoursef.
Heck we won't get sick of you:friends:

FEEL BETTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE @chestnc !!!!!!!!!!!
 
Ah @chestnc I'm glad you've been sensible and took the day off. I so feel for you with your pain state. I've read a number of posts on here of other people who's RA can be triggered by colds etc.I hope that you get well very soon!

I won't know about a return to work date up until I see the GP on Friday. Freddy the Frenchman (PT) thinks that I am not fit enough in his opinion, plus Im still on morphine and can't drive. I don't know what's going to happen in all honesty. If he does sign me off again I'd like to go back after Easter. I need to be back at work, mainly because I'm getting too used to being at home. If my circumstances were different financially, I'd love to give up the assessing job and just do part time teaching. Dreams......lol xox

I'll have a look at the limerick site and see what mischief I can get up to today. Hope you feel a bit better x x x love Nana moon 27 xoxox :flwrysmile:
 
Thanks @suzzee2000, Get your rest. Sleep and rest is how you heal. I remember about the dozing off days. Enjoy it while you can when you can.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom