TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a good plan.
 
chestnc, I can help to notice all the positive support you offer everyone.I wish you the best of luck going back to work. I had my BTKR 2 days before you and I'm doing well. Interested to see how things work out for you. Again you seem to have a pleasant and positive personality.
 
Thank you so much Twiggy for your kind words. That is so nice of you to put that into words, you have made my day. I actually woke up this morning and felt like a Mack truck ran over me. My knee is fine and I am glad your knees are doing fine as well. What is causing me so much pain is the Rheumatoid arthritis. Everywhere hurts mind you, except my knees. I had to crawl out of bed to take a Percocet to calm the pain down in my body from the RA.Then I go on line to relax my mind and I came across your lovely note. Thank you again for the kind words. I feel better already.

As for being positive, I guess I have gotten that from my mom. She always told me to look at a glass half full so I tend to look on the positive side of things. I think it helps to make everything look and feel better. So wherever I go or whatever I do, I try to remember her advice to me.Have a blessed day. I also give you guys credit for having both knees done at the same time!! I will keep you and the rest posted after I go back to work and let you know how things are going for me.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I just went back to work this Monday. It's been three days. I have been tired when I got home, but I think the anticipation of going back to work was more than what I thought it would be. I thought it would be tough being up and moving about all day. It is a bit tough, but I am pulling through it. I do need to take the lighter pain medication one tab when I come home, because my knees are both stiff and both are aching though the right knee is a little soarer than the left. Hope I don't have to do anything to the left knee anytime soon. Just praying to get through the next two days and looking forward to a three day weekend. Also I still need to ice the knee while I am at work on and off all day.
 
Sounds like things are going ok. Nice to have a long weekend to give the knee some TLC.
 
Thanks Kneeper, I so much relish it. It's been work home, bath, dinner bed with lap top this week. I was able to make a short stop though after work. Rest weekend yeah!!!
 
Glad to hear it is working out and that you are resting after your day. Do you have a long work day?
 
Hi@Twiggy, thank you so much. I work a regular 9-5:30pm. I have been leaving on time this week basically because by the end of the day, my knee is sore and does swell a little. I ice during the day, and take Tylenol or Motrin for minor discomfort. For the last two nights I have been waking up too early like now. Probably over tired and having some RA pain in my back and shoulders. So I get on the computer because that sometimes helps me to relax and be able to fall back asleep.
 
Yeah thank God.. I made it through my first week back to work. I am not so much tired after 5 days which what I most feared, I am more sore my knee. At least we have a three day weekend. :dancy::egypdance::yay::happydance:
 
Congrats on doing so well :dancy::spin:I have been back since Christmas and work on my feet all day. It does get better with the knee. The arthritis not so much. It bothers me so much more than my knee plus my sleep is crazy but has been on and off since surgery. It does get better. Just rest as much as you can whenever you can. Thats something else I learned on this site. Be good to yourself and rest. :happydance:
 
@ Crystals5, thank you so much for the congrats. Ye I am thinking it will get better. I work in a clinic so there is up and down times. You have arthritis as well. That bothers me too sometimes more than the knee. Right now I have ice on my knee and I do ice at work when I am sitting charting notes. I do rest whenever I can. This was a let me just get to work and go home. My sleep has been different since I have gone back to work. I wake up in the middle of the night or very early in the morning and sometimes have a hard time going back to sleep. This makes my day even longer. Will be resting this weekend for certain.
 
Boy oh boy.. I had such a rough day yesterday :cry: I thought a mack truck hit me. I am up now because of joint aches and pains and my operated knee is throbbing. I had to take Percocet a few times yesterday and just now. I think it has to do with a couple of things. My body is reacting to the weather we are having here. 50's one day, then down to the teens. The precip also aggravates my bones and joints and it was raining and snowing this morning. Another thing is going back to work last week. All of a sudden being up all day and not lying down to rest when I please. The third thing is I am in need of my biologic medication for Rheumatoid arthritis and that is where a lot of the pain is generating from. So for now I am just going back to what I did post op, rest, pain medication, elevating and using my best friend ice. :groan:
 
I'm sorry about your day yesterday. I hope you feel better today. Be good to yourself! ((hugs))
 
@ DogloverX3, Thank you so much Ellen for your warm thoughts. Still feeling a bit under the weather but trying to push through all the pain. Hopefully will be feeling better soon. Thank you again.
 
chestnc
Sorry your having a bad day. It must be tough to go back to work. You have a long day. I agree about the weather, it is a mess, cold and miserable. I ventured out to see an orthepedic PA today because my knee was swollen again and I was concerned with going away. They told me it was normal BTKR, to expect swelling, and to ice and elevate.
It's funny I feel I'm doing great but I feel other weird things happening in my knees.
Have a good week and take care of yourself.
 
Hi @Twiggy, thank you for checking on me. Actually today there was a big storm here on the east coast, It has been snowing from this morning 11 hours now and still going. My town has tried to keep up with the snow. They have plowed and been plowing all day long. I called work at 4am and left word I was not coming. The news said that the weather would get worse by evening which it did. I have been having all the aches and pains because of the precip so I have basically just been resting in bed. The problem with going in to work once you are there you are expected to stay all day. No one was allowed to leave the clinic early today as I was told by one of the girls and I have experienced until 5pm and it was a mess outside. I don't live near the clinic so traveling when the weather is not pleasant is difficult. I just decided it would be best to stay at home. It will take half of tomorrow to dig out of all this snow. I am still elevating and icing the knee as there is a little discomfort. Hope you are doing okay and feeling well. That swelling business takes a good will. I give you so much credit for doing both at the same time. If concerned better to have someone look at the knees. Mind still swells. I noticed when I did the stationary bike for 10 minutes the swelling dissipated. I don't know. These knees do some funny stuff sometimes. I just grab a bag of ice periodically and slap it on my knee. Take care of ourself and will keep you posted.
 
Hello everyone I had a new knee replacement 10 days ago did release just how painful it would be post op I am now walking about the house and how noticed it clicks while I walk wondering if this is normal carol Anne
 
Congratulations @carol anne . It is totally normal at this point to feel clicks. It's part of all the adjustments your body is making post surgery. Why don't you start your own thread and tell us more about yourself. You can ask questions there and share your recovery story all in one place.
 
Hello kneeper. Thank you for your reassuring words I have been concerned about it how do you start a thead ? Carol anne
 
G
Just to share with the group my experience so far I had skin allergy tests preop because I am allergic to cheap earrings and they found out that I had Nicol allergy so important info so I had a special gold and other metals knee vangaurd apparently there is clinical evidence to show many revisions are because of the body rejecting the new joint how simple it would be to do the test carol Anne
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom