TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Week 2 of back to work.. I did not work a full week, but the week was full. I only worked 4 days due to snow, which 2 of the days will be unpaid. I had a work out and a half this evening. Didn't get home until after midnight. A few co workers and friends had tickets to see the Broadway play Motown. It was fantastic, but after a days work then the traveling to further in the city by public trains and the steps and up and down I was exhausted and my knee was stiff and hurting by the time I got home, but I did it. I took a hot whirlpool bath in my tub and just soaked. I also took pain medication and got right into my preheated electric mattress covered bed. Boy I was whipped with all the steps. Even the theatre had so many steps, no elevator and nose bleed seats, but we could see and hear very well. But so so many steps in the theatre and in the subway. But I did it. Paying for it now. But so enjoyed the play and being out with friends. Was worth it.
 
Sounds like you had fun! Also important during recovery but all those steps sound exhausting. Rest up and enjoy the weekend!
 
Thank you Jozilla, I am feeling it again this morning Oh boy. It is not really the knee but all over RA pain. I will rest up this am. Thanks Jozilla.
 
It's all about balance. Sometimes, like you said, you just need to get out. Now this weekend it's time to rest and recover.
 
I am still sore from Friday night. Rested basically all day yesterday. Will go to church and rest later this afternoon after visiting with my mom for her birthday today, and then straight to bed again. Have to pull it together as I have to go to work on Monday. Will be a 4 day week as I will have to see my Rheumatologist on Friday. Please no snow. That's how my last appt. got cancelled. :groan::tantrum:
 
I saw my Rheumatologist and have the IV Rituxan scheduled for Feb 17th. I am just gritting my teeth because the knee is not a problem, it is the RA pain. I am a little stiff when working, but I get up walk around, sit back down. I have not worked a full week except the first week because of the snow. I have been taking pain medication due to RA pain. The weather does not help with this RA pain at all. Hope I start to feel better and get some relief from the RA pain. Cannot wait for the 17th to arrive and please no snow and no appt. cancellations.
 
So sorry to hear you are in pain. The cold weather certainly plays havoc on our bodies. I will take a hot day anytime. At least my bones don't ache then. The one good thing is we are getting closer to spring and hope it gets here soon! I hope you are able to get your RA treatment next week without any snow incidents.

I returned to work last Monday and it actually went better than I thought it would. I also did not move on Wednesday due to over a foot of snow. This morning we have about an inch and it is just so draining dealing with this bad weather. I can't wait until I can just wake up and do something without worrying about bad weather.

Hope this week is easier for us both!
 
@Jozilla, I am with you. Wow good for you for going to work last Monday. I am glad you are doing well. This morning I have an appt. with my son, so we will be getting ready for that soon. I woke up in the middle of the night 1am then again at 5am I was in so much pain, I had to take my pain medicine. I am a bit better now. Our town is clear and the streets are okay so we will make it into the city for the appt. I then have a foot appt. at 4pm and a church meeting at 7:15pm. Work tomorrow and then we have let's see what Wednesday evening brings as more snow is to occur then into Thursday. Yep I am tired of it for certain. I was like you I did not move last Wednesday and Monday I did not go anywhere. I have missed so many days since I have started back to work. Best to be safe. take care of yourself and walk easy. I will keep my fingers crossed for easier for both of us. Thanks for thinking of me.
 
It has been snow storm after snow storm. I have not made it to work any of the big snow storm days as there was no way to do the hills that I live around. I missed so many day of work. I have only worked one full week the first week that I went back to work. Other weeks days had to be taken off for doctor's appts., snow storms, and one for my girlfriend's son's wedding. I also had the nerve to fall twice, so I am still reeling from that. I fell the morning of Valentine's Day on my right side and went down hard on the side of op site right knee in my driveway on black ice.. ..Owwchie. Then getting on the bus after work 2 days ago I tripped going up the step and landed on my both knees Owwchie Owwchie.. I had to ice and take pain medicine. Oh man.. I did get my Rituxan so since Monday I did feel much better and did not feel achy, but I am still very very tired....
 
Bummer on the falling. That black ice is tricky. Glad you had your infusion--I know you've been looking forward to it.
 
Thanks Kneeper, I thought I was going to loose my mind as I was so uncomfortable and taking pain meds everyday. I do feel better, but with the falling knee still a bit sore. Still extremely tired so hopefully I will come home from church today and take a nap and maybe do the stationery bike. Hopefully that will help me a bit.
 
Hi Chestnc. Sorry to hear about your fall and pain but glad to hear you feel better. I am tired of snow and ice also, I live in northeast, PA.
I actually fell in my own house yesterday. I tripped over my dog's toy and went right down on both knees. I was so afraid but feel better today. I just couldn't believe I have been so careful walking in snow and ice and to just trip like that.
I hope you have a good week and remember spring is right around the corner.
 
Hello Chestnc, I'm afraid I'm Tardy to the Party my lady, :cheers2: but WELCOME. :flwrysmile:

I just read through your thread and hats off to you. :bow::bow: RA... TKR, and SNOW! Lions, and Tigers, and Bears, OH MY! :scare:I like upbeat positive outlook too. I'm even more amazed that you can take a bath! :bow: I've been wanting one of those for a YEAR now. FYI I do shower. :eeeuw:I lol Seriously, I'm afraid that I won't be able to get out without assistance. The last time I took one before my surgery(s) I kept a bathing suit nearby-by in case I needed my boys to help me out. :heehee: Sad, I know. I'm looking forward to letting "Calgon take me away" and not the emergency response team...HEAVE! :loll:I don't want to be the Poster Child for the new commercial.... "HELP! I SAT DOWN IN THE TUB, and I CAN'T GET OUT!"

In case you haven't guessed yet, I'm part of the Comic Relief team here. So if you need a good laugh or cry :cry:stop my thread. Yes, we take the good with the bad and keep it moving. :bicycle2:

Take it Kneeeasy.:friends:
 
I also had the nerve to fall twice
My goodness, @chestnc do be careful.

One of my reasons for having surgery in the May/June timeframe was for that very reason; a concern about bad weather and falling on ice. Yikes!

And then you fell getting on the bus; not only is that embarrassing but then everyone is waiting for you to get up and don't realize that you are still recovering from TKR surgery!!

Hopefully there was a sympathetic person to help you. Let me give you a comforting hug!
:friends:
I can imagine that spring can't come soon enough for you.
 
Hi @Twiggy, thank you. I am looking forward to Spring but where is it. Snow storm number 13 is headed this way tomorrow though the amounts are less than previously predicted, and weathermen are talking ice as well. So needless to say I will be home. I had an appt. for my Rituxan IV treatment, but the nurse called me on Friday as she was thinking ahead and put me in for Tuesday. So depending on how the weather is I can come in either day. I am at the point now that flakes make me cringe :shocked:if I am not at home. I live in such a hilly area, even my driveway is a downtrod. That's what assisted in the fall :groan:along with the black ice.

@Bionic woman2 , Oh my goodness, thank you for the lovely welcome, anytime is the best time.Thank you so much for the wonderful kind words of encouragement. Boy I really need it of all days today as between yesterday afternoon and today I have been in so so much pain from the RA that I have been so uncomfortable :cry:even with taking pain medication. It is how it is when precip is coming. Even my knee started acting up yesterday afternoon and I had to pain med and ice, but pain med was mainly for RA. I love your humor, and truly need a laugh right now.
I've been wanting one of those for a YEAR now. FYI I do shower.
:goodpost:I love my tub baths and only took showers until about 5 weeks post op. Once I was cleared by MD after my post op check up, and I was able to lift my leg up over the edge of the tub... I was in. I have a deeper tub as it is a whirlpool tub and believe me I turn those jets on and feel like Calgon has truly taken me away:happydance:. I have two boys and at first it did cross my mind... oh oh what if I cannot get out, but when we had the bathroom done over I had bars and handles placed all over in anticipation of RA becoming worse and getting older drama.. I do need a good laugh and will have to stop by your thread.

@1ELISEA Thank you, Believe me I have thought about that. It would have been better to wait for better weather but I was falling with a bit before the surgery on dry ground and a bad fall at work dry floor). Also insurance reasons. If other knee needs to be done will definitely look into a Spring or end of summer operation. Knock on wood I won't need other knee done. Thank you for the cyber hug..:yay: feels good. No there was no one to come help either time. The bus driver just looked at me along with the man standing near the front... Oh well glad I can come here for moral support, kind words, friendship, and good laughs:rotfl:. Thank you guys for keeping it real and brightening up my day :SUNsmile:.
 
Oh my gosh, I must have missed the part where you fell... Twice. So sorry. :console2: If the weather doesn't break soon you might need to look into getting some ice skates. I hear they're having a sale after the winter Olympics. Lol You know I had to throw some humor in there.:rotfl: Now I better watch my step huh! :heehee:

Seriously, please take it easy, or we're going to have to sign you up for the ODIC club. (Over Do It Club) @daughter stalker Is our fearless platinum card carrying President .
 
@Bionic woman2, Oh my goodness. Thank you so much. Yep, went boom twice. I need some humor thrown at me today. I don't know what happened but I am going into an RA flare up. I have not had this for a while, but I am in so much pain, I can barely move. It's not the knee, it is all over body pain. I could feel something starting yesterday evening, but I realize now what it is. I should be working on my taxes, but this is not the time or day at this point to do that. I can't be mucking up numbers .. :yikes: not those numbers. So you will see me back and fourth on the site all day. Think I will take one of those "baths" :whistle:we spoke about to see if I can get a little relief :tantrum:. Good grief seems like one thing after another... At least I do know now where to go to get a good laugh on..:cheers:.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello lady, I woke up this morning with an aching body and instantly thought about you. I have issues with my back, and if I sleep funny I pay for the morning. :mcoffee: Thank God I finally got a good nights sleep, but Oowee. This is what made me think about you. I don't know what RA feels like, but I have a little "head and shoulders knees, minus toe" pain going on today, and that was enough to make me sympathetic. :console2:

I hope you're having a good day, and your knee and the weather's being kind to you. I'm not on here that often now, but I'll be praying for you and will stop by with "new material" :rotfl: now and then to give you a "humor break." I tell you if I didn't laugh at my pain like Kevin Hart, I'd be a depressed mess right now.:cry: Thank God for laughter. "It's good for you soul, just like medicine." :angel:

Take it Kneeeasy. :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @Bionic woman2, thanks, I do appreciate the sympathy. Hello also to @Twiggy @nana moon27, and @Jozilla. Hope all of you are feeling well. @Bionic woman2 Yeah you kind of described the feeling of RA just multiply it by a few numbers depending on the day and body part or parts involved. Yesterday was 20-30/10 after 2 doses of pain medication hours apart, until I got out of that "bath" that we talked about, re-medicated and laid down. :sleep:... Woke up in the late afternoon, and felt like I would live a little longer :tada:. Before going to sleep I took a Nucenta and a hot cup of tea and woke up to no snow just a dusting and the town's Dept. of Sanitation had dropped salt. All roads clear. This was the first storm the weathermen were off about. Thank the Lord:angel:!!! I was able to get to my Rituxan appt.I felt better this am except the op knee is really bothering me earlier and I actually had a podiatrist appt. as well as my right foot has been painful in a certain area below the big toe to the point where I can barely get my foot in most of my boots without a great deal of pain. To tell you the truth, I thought that when the pain first started, that the OS doctor had put my knee on crooked which was causing the problem with my foot (Too much pain medication for me I guess :spin:). Anyway I got on the stationary exercise bike for a few minutes this evening. I have not had the energy or felt up to doing anything in the form of exercise for a while. Those few minutes really loosened up my knee considerably after taking a hot bath. It really felt good. I do feel better thank goodness. Hope you guys are doing okay. Will chat with you all soon :happydance:.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom