Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@nana moon27,
I'm glad you've been sensible and took the day off. I so feel for you with your pain state. I've read a number of posts on here of other people who's RA can be triggered by colds etc.I hope that you get well very soon!
Thank you so much. Sometimes I need to act like I have some sense and stop myself from going like a Duracell battery (even though I truly cannot go like that). When I at on the bed this morning and was trying to figure out how I was going to get dressed and then drive to work. I knew it wasn't going to happen today. Hopefully I will get my taxes done.

I'll have a look at the limerick site and see what mischief I can get up to today.
I just love the Limericks thread. I even pop in there and throw a line in there on my lunch hour. It just relaxes me. And sometimes it gets risque which makes things so funny. Lovin' it. Hope everything is well with you and you are feeling peachy keen.

I was afraid of going back to work. I had mentioned it to my Physical therapist and she just encouraged me that I would be okay. And I was. First week was difficult because I had to remember where to put my charting items in the computer. It had kind of gone out of my head. Maybe anesthesia brain. But as I got into my routine things came back. I am with you. I wish I could just be at home, but how would bills be paid. I am still reeling from being out of work for three months. Anyway we do what we must do. Take good care of yourself. :)
 
I was like a Duracell battery before I went off work at Christmas break. I had no choice. Then when things got unbearable I was talking to my boss and she said don't go off. I will ground you off the assessing. I don't want you to go off sick because if anything bad happens during your recovery after your op you will need the sick pay then. I don't want you to come back until you're properly well. I need you fit and healthy. So do your students. You can cover teach in people's absences and do admin for me. Which is what I did. Looking at things now it's a good job she grounded me. Xxxxxxxxx I love the limerick site too. I have sat with tears of laughter running down my face some nights!! Catch you later, take it easy x love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxox
 
You were exactly right to take the day off work and give your body a chance to fight the cold. Wishing you lots of good:sleep:
 
@kneeper thank you so much for your support and well wishes. Much appreciated. I do feel a bit better, but just weak. I have really been behaving and resting all day. I wanted to nip it before it got a good hold me and it turns into the Flu, Bronchitis, or Pneumonia.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you have a good day. That is wonderful your boss was kind enough to accommodate you. That is wonderful. That type of person (Your boss) seems to have human compassion. See with that attitude one can not feel comfortable in taking off enough time until you are ready to go back. That is great. Take good care of yourself. :yay: :spin:
 
Hi @ Nana moon 27,@ suzzee2000, @Twiggy, @ tashia, hope all you guys are well. suzzee2000, I am certain you are getting ready for your big day and homecoming. Good for you. For the first rime in a long time, I actually picked up my crocheting again. It's good as it keeps my fingers moving so stiffness doesn't set in. I am making my mom a hat which won't take long. One of the girls at work is showing me a new stitch and I am going to work on a blanket for one of the ladies who is retiring this year. Lucky her. I am awake because a migraine woke me up. I tell you two steps forward, 4 steps back. Seems like it's always something. But I have to figure it could always be worse. Going to try to close my eyes and get some more sleep before get up and go to ready myself for work. I feel I can make it today. We have to do what we have to do. Have a good rest of the evening, night or morning depending on your time zone. :yawn::sleep:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @tashia, @suzzee2000, @Bionic woman2, and any others who would like to join in. This week has been tough for me. I just could not wait for Friday to come. Suzzee2000, I know yesterday was your big day and welcome home to you. I have been so tired, migraine headaches, back aches, and stiffness sue to RA, 24 hour cold symptoms, achy all over with and RA pain, TKR knee at the moment is sore, achy which woke me up and I took something for pain and have ice on it now. I feel like I am a mess. Maybe because work is really busy, the weather though no snow, has been cold and windy, fluctuations in weather temps, raining, (Beats snow though). Somehow I feel this weather is causing some of this not feeling good business going on in me. I know it messes with the RA discomfort. I hate to sound like I am whining, but boy oh boy I feel like I need another leave of absence. I am trying to hear you kneeper, when you reminded me that:
Yeah, some weeks are like that aren't they
I have been just feeling yucky. Hope you guys are doing better than I am. Maybe I just need some extra rest this weekend. I am not doing a thing except rest and pop over to my mother's house briefly. Hope next week finds me not in this funk and feeling better. The song that keeps popping in my head now is "Mama said there'd be days like this"... She was right. Just trying to work and hang in there.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry that you are not feeling good. The weather doesn't help when its bad. Please take a esay this weekend and I hope that you feel better soon. I have been busy with recovery. Been sleeping a lot with a afternoon nap, followed by a nap before bedtime. Then the walking and other stuff that has to be done for recover to come. Been doing good with controling the pain. the weather has turned wet. We are surpose to be wet tomorrow and then Sunday also. With all this rain its feels good but its ruff to go anywhere and I am getting Cabin Fever. I want to go fao a little walk but its hard when its poring cats and dogs. Hope Spring hits your area soon. Take care. Tashia
 
:console2: Sounds like a good plan for the weekend.
 
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
@chestnc, sending healing vibes your way.
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
and some hugs for you, too! Hope you're feeling better real soon.
 
Kneeper, Thank you for keeping up with me an checking on me. I know you know exactly how I feel.
@tashia, thank you for checking on me my friend. I was not even able to make it to my mother's house today. So so achy and the pain meds are not touching me. Going to go back to pain management. My hips are starting to hurt. I hope that is sympathy pain for you tashia. When I was post op I was sleeping a lot too. Sometimes I felt guilty, but I knew that was all a part of the healing process. So I say sleep away and enjoy it. Will get to mom tomorrow. Hope you are getting stronger each day tashia. tashia stay inside while the weather is bad. I know you can busy yourself at home with something. Always good to hear from you guys. Thanks for thinking of me.
 
Dear @chestnc
I thought I would come to your thread instead of the Social Room ( I hope you don't mind ):)
I hope you are feeling a little better today:angel:I can't imagine having Arthritis in every joint :sorry:
I'm sure the weather doesn't help either.
Thinking of you :console2: & wishing you well,
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
@new knee in June, I appreciate you coming here, and thank you so much for your well wishes. It is rain and damp here on the East coast. Any precip makes every bone in my body ache :boohoo:. I have been basically home and in bed. When pain starts like this I just have to stop activities, take pain meds and rest. Thank you so much for your well wishes and hope your day is going well. Thank you for stopping by. Stop by anytime. Look forward to see you in the social area :).
 
@chestnc, I completely identify with that achy feeling everywhere. I hope your weekend of taking it easy will help your RA back off. This awful winter has been hard on everyone with and without RA and then being a recent TKR patient on top of it all really throws it over the top! What social room are you guys talking about? Anything I should check out? I am also having one of those "need to rest" days today. Take good care and hope you can rest up and be ready to go on Monday. I am not working again yet and I am so glad!
 
Hi @Mimi2u, Thank you for stopping by my thread. You have been through a lot yourself so I know you know what I am talking about. It has been raining here all day. With the rain, or any precip I start not to feel well. It has been a stay in the bed all day. Mimi2u, there is a social drop down that you can click on which is to the upper right at the top in the beige area. There are all sorts of threads there that have nothing to do with surgery. There are also games in there that are just plain fun. I have met some good folks in the social room. It's great if you just can't sleep. How are you feeling with your recent knee surgery? I had a tough day today with the RA and pretty much stayed in bed. But now my knee has started to feel sore. So I have been icing it in between sleeping. Hope you are healing and feeling well. We will have to chat more. Hope to see you in the social room. I am hooked on the Limericks thread. Take good care of yourself. :)
 
Hi @Mimi2u, @Nana moon 27 (enjoy your trip), @new knee in June, @tashia, @Twiggy, So sore this whole weekend. Body aches and pains from RA. I cannot believe I was in bed this whole weekend. And with so much pain. My knee (op one) even started acting up. Mt neck and shoulders seen like weights are sitting on them. Virtually got nothing at all done. Don't even think I have a uniform ironed. Sad to say. I did complete my taxes which I am glad of that. Did minimal crocheting and applied for a part time teaching nursing job online (which took about 2 hours). Those online job applications are lengthy. Will close my eyes again before readying myself for work. Wish me luck. Hope I can get through the day. Hope you guys have a great pain-free day. :)
 
@chestnc Wanted to stop by to say, I hope today finds you feeling much better! Sorry you had so much pain over the weekend! Here's to a great week pain free of course!!!:flwrysmile::flwrysmile::flwrysmile: Feel better soon!!!:friends:
 
Hi @chestnc - haven't been on the limerick site for a while and have missed the fact that you are feeling so bad and under the weather ..... literally! I do hope the Spring will come for you soon and all the damp and rain will be gone, and that will improve the aching in your joints.
I thought you deserved some flowers and I was going to take a picture of the spring flowers in my garden .... I just wish there was a smell feature on my camera as the hyacinths smell so good! However I am too lazy to put my shoes on and go out there, so I am sending these instead. Same flowers, but my tulips are the palest pink and white.
Hope that you feel much better very soon.
X

[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
Hi @chestnc, I do hope you are able to make it through the day at work today. Have you checked in with your RA Dr.? Maybe you could get some meds to help you with this flare? I'll be anxiously waiting to hear how your day went.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom