Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did they tell you to keep exercising the knee b/c of the RA?
 
Happy New Year from another getting old and falling apart kneese. Whoops there goes my arm.
Hope for a healing 2015 for you.


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
@kneeper, yes the PT informed me that I need to do exercises for my knee for the rest of my life because of RA. The problem is that there are many times that I am so exhausted that I can barely get through the day. Then to get through exercising, I just cannot imagine most days. I try to do leg raises some times in the morning before I get up. That works sometimes.
@Pumpkln, hope you are doing well and thank you for the happy New Year wishes. Same to you and the rest of the gang here. Hoping everyone is and remains pain-free for the New Year!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @kneeper, and Oh boy folks, I am a bit discombobulated (whoops more than a 9-letter word) today. My hands hurt and are so stiff (RA), my knee the RTKR knee is burning and a bit stiff, my left ankle is aching and I am limping on it when I get up to walk, and trying to ward off a headache. I wanted to do so many things in the house while I was off and all I can do is stay under the covers and try to keep body parts warm. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day in the New Year. Hope everyone else is having a good evening and night. Many blessings to all.
 
I try to do a few stretches in the morning too @chestnc . I've been slacking off the leg lifts but I should get back to doing them before I get up like I was when I was still recovering. I hear you on the exhaustion. Some days that's my worst problem.
Sounds like tucking in in just what you need. Maybe do a few quad sets and heel slides--you can do those under a blankie. :heehee: Hope you hit some better days. :console2:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann, how are you doing? I am okay, so glad you are asking. For a while there I was really under the weather there. Headaches have lessened, though I still wake up with them sometimes. B/P is much better, but the RA is acting up most likely due to the weather. My knee is a bit sore and stiffer sometimes. It is so, so cold and a little snow is expected today. Hope everyone has a blessed day, and pain-free day as well.
 
I'm sorry the weather affects your RA so much. I've been lucky that weather really isn't an issue. Except a bit post surgery. I'm glad the BP is improving.

Do you think you'll be able to go for a massage any time soon--sometimes they can be helpful with headaches. I know for me when I have one I tense up the shoulders which probably makes the headache worse.
 
Hi @chestnc

I didn't get an alert for some strange reason to this thread. Very strange. Oh, I'm so sorry you're still suffering with the headache. You've had that a while now. I'm glad your BP has improved (oh you'd have laughed at that typo just now or thought I'd been at the bottle! thank goodness I noticed it, I typed BO instead of BP!!!) yikes!!!!

We had just a bit of snow, a very thin powdery covering on 26th December but we were in too much shock from losing his brother to pay much heed to it.

The funeral is on 20th January. A long time because there is a backlog due to the holidays and amount of deaths.

I hope you get well soon Christine x please take care.

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi Thanks @Nana moon 27, Hope all is well with you the knees and hip are doing well. I am okay though I went to the cardiologist and my blood pressure is boarder line. The 4th B/P med that he did put me on caused bad headaches soon after taking it so I had to stop it. Ann you are too funny :loll:. I would had thought the typo funny too. I may have figured it out. It is too cold here to think going down to -1 degrees. I do mind the cold weather, but I actually prefer the cold over the snow. So sorry to hear of so many deaths this time of year. There were two family members of two nurses I worked with who passed within 2 weeks of each other in December. Very sad. Hope everyone has a blessed evening and day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc Sorry to hear your RA is flared up again. Hope you feel better soon. The cold and/or wet weather is the worst on my RA. I'll be glad when winter time is over.
 
Hi @chestnc thanks for popping into my thread and for your good wishes. I hope that you are not suffering too badly in the cold weather, xxx Lyn
 
Hi @kneeper, thank you for your well wishes. The B/P is coming down and then back up again at times. Hopefully it will be sorted out soon. @Nana moon 27 thank you for thinking about me and your well wishes., @Minnie's knees and @Ellejay, thanks for the well wishes. Always good to hear from you guys. @Minnie's knees the RA has settled down a bit as I got #3 dose of Acterma med IV for RA yesterday. Just the headaches which have been giving me a time of it have been troublesome like this am. It is snowing here like mad and waiting for the roads to be plowed so that they are passible to get out for work. We'll see how it goes. Everyone have a blessed day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi chestnc im a fellow RA sufferer I wanted to stop by and say Hi and I hope your continuing to recover and not in to much pain with the knee, I know the RA means something usually hurts at any given time. Take care xxx
 
Hi @ibis and welcome. Thank you for stopping by my thread. You are welcome to stop by anytime. I see you are one month in with the knee replacement. Hope you are feeling and healing well. At times things can be a bit rough as with the healing and pain process and RA, but hope you are doing well. Congratulations on the one month mark and continue healing. At this point my RTKR knee is a little stiff at times with the cold weather and sometimes a bit sore even though it has been over a year since . The RA tends to act up as well with the cold weather and all. Hope you are doing well Ibis. Take care of yourself. Hope everyone has a good evening, and day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Thank you for asking about me in your thread. I think you know when I get kind of quiet I am not feeling well. The weather here is ice/snow precip expected this am, and my whole body has been feeling tired and achy all day yesterday. My knee has been a bit sore and I have been doing a few exercises and knee bends in the bed. But just feeling yucky. As my mom would say this too shall pass and it will. Hope everyone has a blessed day.
 
Ah @chestnc,

I'm sorry you've not been right again. These pesky aches and pains are a misery and I'm sorry to my heart you are suffering this way. Your moms right, it too will pass. I'm trying to incorporate that into my way of thinking. It's a good phrase. She is one wise lady x

Sending you you (((((hugs))))))
love Ann x x x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann I certainly appreciate your sympathizing with me. I made it home and so glad to just regroup and unwind. I thought I would not be able to make it in, but Thank God I made it through the day. I was in so much discomfort this am from the RA to the aching knee not to mention my Achilles tendon area which the foot doctor is trying to help me with. I think it is all due to the RA issues. RA makes parts of your body hurt that I did not even realize I had. I take Motrin during the day but that does not do much of anything. By the time I get home I am so miserable some times. At least today I did not have to drive and tomorrow either. My car is in the shop. Of all things with temps as low as 9 degrees and wind chills of -1 the heater decides to go kaput. So tomorrow I will ride in with DIL again. Hope you are still getting up those stairs the regular way. Sounds like you are on the road to mending. Take good care of yourself and hope you and everyone else have a blessed evening and night. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc
I'm ever so tired but I wanted to say well done on getting in. I'm so sorry your RA is flaring up again but with those temperatures I'm not surprised xxx

I'm not overdoing the stairs. I'm just relieved to be able to stand straighter. Must go nearly dropped iPad xxx

Love Ann x x x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom