TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chestnc so glad you were able to get an earlier appointment. Hopefully you are feeling better. The week is almost over and then you are off. We all have so much going on with the holidays and I tend to over do it without realizing it. You probably are too. Slow down where you can and take care of yourself.
 
Hi thank you all for keeping me in your thoughts. Unfortunately I woke up early this am with headache again. 2 and 1/2 hours ago and minimal relief with pain medications. I had to start back doing my knee slides as I actually started having knee sore and stiffness again. RA pain kicked in last night before I left work. Could not get home quick enough. Have scaled back considerable on doing anything. Have not even completed the few cards I was going to send. Just did make it to pick up items needed at The Christmas Tree store for Advent workshop I am scheduled to run this Saturday. Was only able to get some lights to the window and around the Poinsettia on the window sill and decorate the fireplace. The lights outside may be just popped on if I can this weekend. I will have my mom and home attendant here for the weekend. There is a Christmas party going on at work, but that is not happening with me this evening. Everyone have a blessed day, pain-free and no overdoing it. :loveshwr::loveshwr::santaclap: :santa hug:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@tiredwife, I know you were trying to assist me with remedies. One of my co-workers suggested to wrap my head around with an ace bandage tightly to relieve the pressure feeling. I did that and wrapped the warm cloth on with the ace bandage holding the warm cloth. It does seem to help relieve the pressure. It is actually better. too bad I cannot walk around all day like this. I guess I could if I kept my hat on in the clinic. Will see how it goes today. Have a great day. Hope hubby is doing well and not trying to do too much at work. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi believe it or not one of my cats woke me up and I got up and headache was starting so I quickly too my migraine headache. It is still here with me 2 hours later. I took 2 Excedrin and headache still here so I tried the old head wrap with an ace bandage as that helped this am. I actually starting getting the items I need for the wreath making today at the advent workshop. I was getting the Christmas music together and pulling out my hot glue guns. Our minister knew I wasn't feeling well so he is taking care of the refreshments. My son and daughter-in-law are on this board that is in charge of this event so I am not quite certain how I became in charge of this event :what:. I believe I said I would help :ok:. Wishing everyone a pain-free wonderful day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc hopefully the headace resolves so you can enjoy the advent workshop. It sounds like a lot of fun but will be easy to over do it. Take care and have a great day.
 
Hi all, the Advent workshop went off without a hitch. I made it through and everyone loved the wreath making, the fellowship, and the Christmas music I was playing. I actually found some Soca Christmas CD;s to play through my computer. The minister asked me to bring the music for church to coffee hour for Sunday. Several folks commented on how nice it was to have Christmas music during the coffee hour after church. A good time was had by all.
@Minnie's knees, I am still getting the headaches but not as bad as the one that sent me packing to the ER. I saw my Cardiologist who increased my meds again and added a diuretic B/P med to the mix. I am really not liking taking all this medication. I am going to look into a holistic way of doing this. I saw the Neurologist whom I used to go to for headaches and I had not been to him in a while and he does not agree with the pain management doctor as he feels the medication I was on years ago for RLS (Restless leg syndrome) was what I should still be on and all the pain meds would not be needed and I would not have the headaches according to him. Will try it his way and keep a record of headaches. I also saw the Primary doctor (he's my favorite) along with my mom and he is just trying to pull all of this together. He (the primary) says I make his job easier as I keep up with my "other doctors" and I am on top of when I need a bone density, Mammo etc. and all he has to do is write a script for it. I don't need a referral from my primary for a specialty doctor, with my insurance I can refer myself and just go. That could change in the future though. Hope everyone is well, not overdoing it, and enjoying the Christmas spirit. I am back to no energy and having bad back pain as it is raining a lot here. I am off this week so I will try to pull it together, rest and feel better before going back to work after the holidays. Everyone have a blessed evening, night and be pain-free. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to enclose some photos of the wreaths that were made:
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
@chestnc .... I must ask that you not use block tags in your posts. Please read this announcement that explains more. Please don't be concerned....your friends here on BoneSmart who follow your thread will check it and see your updates. That's what the New Posts or Watched Thread features are for.
 
Hi @chestnc, just wanted to pop in to say hello. I'm sorry that you are in such constant pain, it must be so wearing and yet you always sound so cheerful, and are always so encouraging to others. Do have a really good rest over Christmas, enjoy the time with your family. Xxx Lyn
 
Hi @Ellejay, (Lyn) thank you so much for your well wishes and good thoughts. I will try to get some rest for certain. I am just relaxing now. I will have my mom here starting today until Sunday afternoon. I will have home attendant with me.
@yiayia3, thank you as well for your warm thoughts Hope all is well with you both and @Ellejay, hope you are healing nicely. Have a wonderful pain-free Christmas to all. I will certainly try to do the same. Christine
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, thank you so much for the lovely Merry Christmas sign/poem. Daughter in law and made traditional Trinidadian breakfast. Thank goodness she did as I am still reeling from the pain in my back from RA and TKR knee pain. Still having knee pain. Will try some ice. Did get to enjoy Christmas. We watched a movie together as a family which was wonderful. But even as I write my back and knee are just bothering so so much. Took pain medicine about 10 minutes ago.. No relief as of yet. I am in the bed with the heated mattress pad cover on for mom and me. I have her during the holiday and one of the home attendants called to say she would not be here this weekend. Was looking forward to her help. Will have to manage as such.. Everyone enjoy boxing day, for those who celebrate it and have a blessed day.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I am doing okay. I am still having periodic headaches but not as server as they had been. My knee has been stiff on and off for a week. I am certain it is the dip in weather. My left ankle has started becoming stiff. Actually to the point where I started limping tonight. Otherwise Ann, I am okay. Hope you and your family are getting stronger everyday. :friends: Thank you for thinking about me.
 
Hi my friends, still having these headaches which I need to keep a log the headaches which I have been doing. I need to start ritualistically doing exercises again for the knee because as I was told in PT when I had to go back that for me I will have to exercise everyday for the rest of my life. My knee is stiff and sometimes it aches. I also need to do exercises for my neck as well for the pinched nerve. Hope that doesn't make me sound ancient and falling apart, but sometimes I feel that way. Have a Happy New Year everyone!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom