TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @chestnc, I'm such a fan of online shopping, it used to be just groceries, but recently because of this operation I've bought clothes, books, presents, and as you say, they come winging their way to your doorstep. We have a really lovely national chain of department stores and luckily I have one nearby, but i still order a selection of clothes online, try them on at home with my own accessories, and then I can just return the ones I don't want to the store next time I'm out and about, what's not to like about that?
How is the weather with you? I think NY missed the worst, but Boston seems to be bad. We are having a grey, cloudy but slightly warmer spell of weather at the moment. I miss the sun.
My knee is behaving like a toddler, good one day and bad the next, we just have to live with it don't we. Take care xxx
 
@chestnc I'm glad you enjoyed even one pain free day and wish many more for you. My knee is getting better every week. It's just progressing very slow and I am not a patient person. We are having very warm weather right now with highs of 79-80. It will probably mean a very hot summer but my knee likes it right now. @Ellejay I like your comparison of our knee to a toddler.
 
Hi @Ellejay, such a good analysis (knee to toddler -good one day bad the next :good-bad:).:loll:Hope the knee is having a good night tonite. My knee still aches a bit even after a year now. I am sure it is due to the RA. @Minnie's knees I do believe when you have underlying issues, it does take a little while longer to get back on your feet. After a day's work, I am whipped and am so ready to just get in the bed for a few minutes and just put my feet up.
[USER=5604]@Minnie's knees I could take that weather any day. The hotter the better. [USER=13626]@Ellejay
the weather here is so cold that when it is 26 degrees here and no wind, feels like a heat wave. I have had to cancel two appts. last Monday and one appt. was cancelled 2 weeks when the Blizzard was predicted. I am hoping I can make the one tomorrow for an MRI of my ankle area. I apparently have had pain in my ankle area for over a month. The podiatrist was going to inject it with a steroid, but I opted out to wait and try the Volteran cream and a brace. When I mentioned the problem to the Rheumatologist, he agreed with the brace and decided to do an x-ray which showed calcium deposits which causes the ankle area to hurt at times when walking on it. So to get a clearer picture of what is going on, I need to have an MRI. Hope it does not snow tomorrow so I can go :fingersx:.
@Nana moon 27, hope your both knees are doing okay and that your operation is scheduled soon. Also hope your Dad continues to do well and yours as well @Ellejay. I guess we did not know we would be caring for our elderly parents at this age. My mom has Alzheimer's and Parkinson and I have her at my house on some weekends. Though most weekends she is at her house with a home attendant. We have to do what we have to do and what we can do for them at this point. Hope everyone has a very blessed evening, night and day and remain pain-free.[/USER][/USER]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, looks like I will be heading to get my MRI of the ankle after all. Then I will be heading to work. For some reason, my knee is hurting today. Not dreadful, but I can feel it -sort of a dull aching pain. Hope I get answers soon about the ankle. Hope everything is going well for you Ann. Hope you and everyone else have a blessed day today. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, you are so right. I have not been on in a while. I have been so tired once I am home that all I can do is just crash in the bed to regroup then once pain meds set in for RA pain, I get up and have a nice bath, dinner late and off to be. I did get the MRI of foot done and have calcium deposits in ankle area and bursitis. So that is why there is pain in the ankle. When I go back to the Rheumatologist (beginning of March).then I need to get an injection in the ankle area. This has happened before years ago before with the pain in the ankle area. Ann, I will have to catch up on your thread. Hoping all has been well with you and your family. Hope all is well with you and the rest of the folks here. Hope you and the rest of the folks here get some good, good, rest!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hello @chestnc

I'm sorry to hear about your ankle. I do hope that the injection works. You have a very busy life Christine and I'm not surprised that you are tired.

I just needed to know that you are okay x

Please take care
Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, thank you so much for thinking about me. I hope you have gotten some rest. Do take care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc

I'm still awake. I'm going to have to take top up med. The pain in my TKR is worse than ever. It burning and painful too. I try not to take it. Have no choice now. Going to hobble downstairs and get it. I'm back to using the stick on the stairs for extra support as well as the partial handrail xxx

Take care.
Love Ann xxx
 
Oh no @Nana moon 27, Geez... you have been through so much. When is that knee ever going to be right? I am so sorry you are suffering like this. If you have to take a topper pain medication just take it. You have to be comfortable and be able to rest so you can heal. My best to you and feel better real soon. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my friends, @Nana moon 27, I have not been feeling well on and off. A small factor is due to the knee though that is really the least of my pain. When the weather is cold, it really aggravates the RA and it causes me to hurt throughout my whole body. @Minnie's knee's, it is tough to heel from TKR and deal with RA at the same time. I hope you are feeling better and healing well. I am so praying that I do not need another TKR on the left knee because how difficult it is to heal and deal with RA at the same time. It is due to snow coming today so everything is stiff especially my hands. Thank goodness I don't have to write, and we are in the age of computers. I also have the bursitis in the ankle area with calcium deposits which is causing pain in my ankle when I walk. I guess I am just having one of those days today. @Ellejay, I will probably be right there with you and do some shopping online. Hope all are having a pain free and blessed day today. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc, I'm so sorry you are hurting t the moment, pain is so wearing, you just can't get on with things as you would like to.
You are having such a bad winter over there, today we have seen blue skies and sunshine, it is windy and still chilly, but seeing all the bulbs coming up in the garden gives me hope that Spring is round the corner.
I do hope that you pain goes soon, and that you feel better, lots of hugs (((((xxxxx))))), Lyn
 
Hi @chestnc
I'm so sorry you're not well. I am thinking of you. It's so unfair someone as lovely as you should have to go through this.

The first of my Tete a Tete miniature daffodils opened yesterday. A month early!!! Xxx
I will take a pic tomorrow x
 
@chestnc The weather is definitely giving your joints a hard time. Our weather is back and forth from 40°F to 80° F and when it is warm I feel so much better. I wish I could send you several sunny 80° days to help you feel better.

The RA is affected by so many things, weather, stress, fatigue, illness, etc. I hope you feel better soon ((hugs))
 
Just checking in to see how you are.
 
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA [Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Hi @chestnc,

I hope you are feeling better. Here is a photo of some little Tete a Tete daffodils and yellow jasmine in my garden to cheer you up x x
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @Nana moon 27, thank you for thinking of me. The flowers are beautiful. I am glad the flowers are rearing their little heads. Even though the weather has been warmer here on the east coast, my backyard is full of snow. I am in Monterey, California with friends and will be heading home today. I have had some aches and pains but was able to do quite a bit of site seeing, Aquarium, Carmel by the sea, one mile square area of exquisite shops and restaurants. We also went to Fisherman's Wharf and had delicious clam chowder, and we visited the village of Carmel and went to 2 wine tastings. I have had a few minor aches and pains here but made it through the walking. @Minnie's knees, I missed my medication the Acterma a week ago due to the snow, along with the cortisone injection I was due to receive the same day, but fortunately I was able to get the medication last Wed. before traveling. Hope everyone is doing well. Stay pain-free. Take care. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom