TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chestnc Glad you made it through your work day, sorry it got worse again. A sinus infection can be very miserable and it does cause my RA to flare up with aches and pains. Pain, coughing, and worry/stress elevate my blood pressure and you don't need that. Good plan to get checked out today. Hope it gets better soon.
 
Oh my goodness, what a day yesterday. Throughout the wee hours of the morning the headache and sinus pressure was extremely bad. More so than I really wanted to say. The pain was 40/10. I was up the majority of the night. I did not go in to work and finally got a bit of sleep from 6am -shortly before 9am which at that time I called my primary doctor's office and did obtain an appt. for 11:45am. I saw another provider, who did her exam, got my history, and I made her aware of what was going on. Afterwards she said she wanted me to go to the ER (emergency room) as she wanted me to get a Cat scan today. The doctor even wanted to call an ambulance to take me to the hospital. I told her no I would be okay to get myself there. I was in the ER all day and late evening. I had a saline lock inserted straight away and I had two meds pushed into my veins to help with the headache. I took a nap after a while and then woke up around 5 pm. The doctor came and checked on me and he asked about the headache. The headache was better though starting to slowly come back. He gave me 1000mg of Tylenol and then he offered me a variety of meds to get the headache down to 0/10. We both agreed to Dilaudid. That medication was also given IV push. I received that dose and went for the Cat scan which showed everything was good, then I was discharged around 8:30pm. So glad to get home and get a nice hot shower. I hope I don't have to encounter that issue ever again. I have to follow up with the Neurologist. Will call tomorrow. Everyone have a blessed evening and day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
What a day, ER visits are exhausting, but I am glad your headache is gone. I hope the neurologist can help you with your headaches.
 
Oh @chestnc
You must be worn out. Thank goodness they sorted your pain out. Please keep us posted if you feel up to it.
Love Ann. ((((((Big hugs)))))) xxxxx
 
Good morning all, Thank you all for stopping by and wishing me well. I know between the well wishes, good thoughts, and meds I received in the ER and good care from the doctors and nurses there that I went home headache free and continued to be headache free throughout the night and now. I am just regrouping to see how I feel and if I feel well enough to pull a full shift. The funny thing is, well not funny, but my knee started to hurt late yesterday evening and on and off throughout the night. I did have to take my regular RA pain medication that also covers break through pain of the knee. I realized I had to bend both knees in my sleep. The right knee this morning is still sore. @Pumpkln, I will call this morning and trying to feel positive, but I will probably not get a neurologist appointment until sometime in the New Year, but I will let you guys know. Hope everyone feels well and has a pain-free day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc sorry I didn't check in with you earlier, was having lots of problems with the forum lagging and not letting me get around on it very well. Glad the cat scan was good, and they got rid of your headache. The knee was probably just acting up from all the stress and things you had to do in the ER. Hope it is better soon!
 
Hi and thank you for all your well wishes and concern. I ended up not going in today. Headache was gone from since I left the ER, thank goodness. I did move my PT appt. up to an earlier time. I started back with the pinched nerve pain again and the numbness and tingling in my neck. Knee is still throbbing a bit and I had ice on knee last night and today early. Got tips to help me out with pinched nerve on left side of neck. Also therapist could feel the tightness in my neck. @Pumpkln , was so surprised when I got an appointment with my old neurologist who can see me Monday 12/22/2014 which I am off and that works out well. Guys thanks for your good thoughts. Take care of yourself as well. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi @chestnc I think it was wise not to go to work so soon after all that pain. I'm pleased to hear your neurology appointment came thru so quickly. Even better when it's someone you like xx I hope you can get these pain issues resolved or at least bearable. Take care. Love Ann xx

Love Ann xxx
 
Thanks so much @Nana moon 27, Ann and @tiredwife. I was surprised myself at how quickly I received the appt. I made certain to say it was an emergency room follow up. And praise the Lord I am off next week. Two weeks actually but I think I will go in for two days the week of December 29th. I want to save some vacation to go to Florida with friends in March. My co-workers were calling and texting me to not think about coming in to work today. I had said I had to see how I felt. I was uncomfortable with RA pain. Thank God no more headaches. Would you believe now my back is hurting me, I can't win, goodness. (RA pain). It hits you wherever it wants to. I did manage to get lights up to window and wrote two Christmas cards. I was volunteered to run the advent workshop this Saturday at our church. I had to pick up the items needed for wreath making. I was totally whipped once I did that. Thank God I went early. I cannot take the crowds. Hope everyone has a good evening and gets a good night sleep. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom