Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Nana moon 27, thanks so much for your encouraging words. I will be heading right where you are shortly. Finally the pain is breaking. Knee is still sore, I am certain due to the weather. Sleep well. :sleep: Take care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi hun thanx for the kind words your also more than welcome to stop by, winter weather is just the worse for RA isnt it, try and get lots of rest and destress as that can be so draining as it probably keeps u awake. Always here for a shoulder to off load. Keep safe and well xxx
 
Hi @ibis, thank you so much. So kind of you and believe me it does help to know folks are there and understand. I so appreciate it. Thus far this winter seems to have started out with such a bang. I have not really felt well since before Christmas. The RA is really wrecking havoc on my body. My hands are achy and sore in the am and during the day. I don't even feel like crocheting like I used to. I am so, so tired I can just make it through the work day. I do take one day at a time. You are so correct that RA can be draining. One good thing though is I do sleep like a baby most of the time. Thank God for that. Thank you for the shoulder to lean on and hope you are healing and doing well. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Stopping by to say hello. Best luck. Yep ra is bad. Weather oh ouch.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
Hi @Angel1978, thank you for stopping by. Having a tough weekend. Decided to stay home and rest and regroup. Having RA pain and the weather compounds the problem. Then all of that triggers knee pain. Sometimes you just can't win. Just taking it easy today and will do a little housework. Will not be joining that ODIC. Will not do too much today. @Angel1978, how are you doing? You have hit the one and 1/2 month mark. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc Thinking about you. I sure wish your RA would settle down. It affects our knees and everything else so much. Has it gotten any better with the new meds? I'm sure the weather is not helping. Mine is doing better now that the weather is warmer and I am back on my meds. I wish you many calm, restful and pain free days.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, thank you for giving me a shout out to inquire about me!! @Minnie's knees, thank you for your warm thoughts and kind words. The RA has really been taking it's toll on me. The weather here has not been the best and yesterday we got a lot of snow dumped upon us. Before the precip starts is when the pain of RA starts. Then my TKR starts to become sore and there goes the vicious cycle. This morning I am feeling pretty good. The new meds I guess I have to give them more of a chance. I am not noticing a huge difference unfortunately, but I am not ready to give up. Hope you both have a great pain free day. Take care of yourselves. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, this has been a tough week for me with lots of aches and pains. My knee is okay though I feel twinges of pins and needles. Hi @Minnie's knees, this RA is really taking a toll on my body along with the with pain on and off in my Achilles tendon and in my left shoulder area (pinched nerve). Hopefully some of this pain will resolve. @Minnie's knees, hope you are coming along with your healing process. Hi @Angel1978, hope you are doing well and things are okay with you. Hi @ibis, hope all is well with you too. @Nana moon 27, Ann, hope you get some good sleep again. Everyone have a blessed and peaceful, pain-free night. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, this has been a tough week for me with lots of aches and pains. My knee is okay though I feel twinges of pins and needles. Hi @Minnie's knees, this RA is really taking a toll on my body along with the with pain on and off in my Achilles tendon and in my left shoulder area (pinched nerve). Hopefully some of this pain will resolve. @Minnie's knees, hope you are coming along with your healing process. Hi @Angel1978, hope you are doing well and things are okay with you. Hi @ibis, hope all is well with you too. @Nana moon 27, Ann, hope you get some good sleep again. Everyone have a blessed and peaceful, pain-free night. :loveshwr::loveshwr:


I'm ok. I'm learning how to use knee.
Hope all is well with u.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmartFourm
❤️bfmasmommy
 
@chestnc I had hope you would see better redults from the new meds. The struggle with RA is worse than the TKR. It really does take it's toll on your entire body between pain and tiredness. I do understand how much the weather can affect RA also. Mine has finally calmed down with 2 infusions and I also started taking Tumeric supplement for inflammation. My knee is getting better. After 14 weeks and the mua I am finally at 104° flexion. Wishing you warmer weather and less pain.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I am actually without pain today. This is the first day I have had no pain. I forgot how it felt to not have anything hurt. Your prayers have worked Ann along with everyone's well wishes. Oh my goodness. Thank you all. My knee is a little stiff, but to be expected with this cold weather.
Hi @Minnie's knees, I received my fourth dose of Acterma yesterday morning and right away it makes me feel good. I spoke to the doctor after the treatment and he took an x-ray of my left foot ankle area and called me tonight and said their are a lot of calcium deposits which could be causing the pain I am feeling or it could be arthritis in the ankle area. I have to get an MRI next week for a more definitive diagnosis. I am glad I am having the Rheumatologist look into this. The podiatrist was thinking of giving me a steroid injection 5 weeks ago, but I am glad I declined. This was the cause of the problem can be delved into before any injections. I have had an injection in one of my ankles years ago. Can't remember which ankle, by the Rheumatologist. I have not been able to follow up with the Podiatrist as I cancelled one appointment, then the last 2 Mondays I have had the appointments cancelled due to major snow storms, one was a Blizzard on the way. My Acterma dose will be increased next time as in talking with the Rheumatologist, I may need the dose increased to hold me longer. I will see how much longer this dose holds me.
Hi @Angel1978, I can say I am feeling no pain. I am so, so, glad. I hope you are on the mend and your knee is doing well. Everyone have a blessed day! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc,
I'm so pleased to hear that you have some pain free time, you must feel really good.
A friend of mine warned me that during winter I would always feel my knee getting cold, and it wouldn't warm up again, but thank goodness I haven't experienced that.
I'm with you on the on line shopping, I prefer to use my limited strength and energy in the shops I really like, not buying tins of beans :heehee:.
Have a good and pain free weekend, Lyn xxx
 
@chestnc I am so happy to hear that you had no pain. Happy dance for you. :loveshwr: It's a great feeling to be pain free and you deserve many more.
Glad the Acterma seems to be working and increasing the dose will hopefully hold you longer.
 
Hello @chestnc

Woohoo no pain. Please let it be that you are going to finally have some respite from your RA.
My meds have hit heavy tonight. So I'll check in the morning. Lovely news, I am so pleased that this has given you some relief. You deserve it.

Love Ann xxx
 
Hi @busylizzie, thank you so much for stopping by my thread and the lovely well wishes. I totally enjoyed that day. Just trying to unwind before going to work as I have been awake for a little while. Slept most of yesterday as I did not make it in with the icy/snowy weather. It was amazing that I actually can feel the precip coming in my bones before it even arrives. My knee is rather sore, but that it just how it is with this weather being the way it is. Hope all is well with you and that the knees are treating you well. Have a blessed day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, hope all is well with you. Thank you for the well wishes. I enjoyed my day of being pain free. How are you doing. I hope you new knee is treating you well and getting stronger everyday.
Hi @Nana moon 27, hope you are feeling well this am. I hope day will soon be released from hospital. Take care of yourselves Kathy and Ann. Have a blessed day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Ellejay, how are you doing? Thank you for the well wishes. So much appreciated. I hope your new TKR is treating you well. There have been times when I have been outside for a while and it is very cold, the op TKR will feel really cold once I come in. This cold weather can do a number on the body. Since I had my knee done I have learned to really relish online shopping. And your good deals are shipped right to the door. I just love it!!! Hope your knee is treating you well and you get a nice rest. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom