Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Christine @chestnc

It is always good to see your posts, through it all there is joy and positiveness shinning through your words.
Glad to hear that is was the longing for a spot of tea that had you up & awake and not pain.

May your Sunday continue to be comfortable and wishing you and your family a Happy Thanksgiving.

Cathie
 
Hi @madinana, @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @tiredwife, @hopefaith, @marmora, @Ellejay, and @Minnie's knees, You guys thanks so much for the healing prayers, and well wishes for the pain to go away. I am actually home today as I did not go in because there is a winter storm warning which is going to occur today. I woke up at 3am with the most horrific back ache which persists. The weather is due to be bad this afternoon and it has already started with the torrential ran which will turn into snow..... As I am writing this the snow has quickly turned to rain already. This is most likely the reason for the back aches and pain I am having. So glad I made the decision not to go in to work as it would be a nightmare trying to get home. Hope everyone is pain-free today and feeling and healing well. Have an enjoyable day and mid-afternoon. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc

Hi Christine,

Just on the door and lovely to Find a post from you.
You made the right decision not to go into work today and I hope that you would be off tomorrow on Thanksgiving and maybe also on Friday. That would give you a long weekend, with time for a few lie-ins.

I used a GroupOn voucher this morning to have a deep tissue back, neck and shoulder massage and I wish that I could send you my comfortable feeling back, as yours is acting up.

Hope that you will get some relief from the back throughout the day, stay as warm as your lovely spirit !

Thinking of you,
Cathie
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc Hope the day off will help some to reduce your pain. I will be camping for a few days and won't have WIFI so wanted to wish you a happy Thanksgiving.
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
@chestnc I have heard of the awful storms back there. Stay away from ice!!!
I am so sorry about your back pain, and waking so early with it. Ouch!
I am glad that you made the decision to not go into work. Wise.
~hopefaith
 
Hi @hopefaith, looks like we are both thinking about each other. I just posted on your page. I am so glad that you are back my friend. I actually did not get an alert. You were truly missed and this is such a beautiful surprise!! I actually did not start to feel like the knee was mine until I was at the one year mark. That is when that pins and needle sensation subsided and I stopped thinking of the knee. It still comes back every now and then. In due time healing will come. Just take one day at a time and things will be all right. Thank you for the well wishes. Believe it or not my back is still troubling me, even with taking pain medicine. Also I have my mother over here and she requires bending and I have to get her washed up, dressed and take her to the bathroom. It is a bit tough as she pulls backwards as I am walking her forward. It is tough but what can you do. Though the backache started before I my mother was dropped over here. Need to get some sleep now. So glad you are back. Take care of yourself. :loveshwr: :loveshwr:
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @madinana, @hopefaith, @tiredwife, @Minnie's knees, @marmora, @Ellejay, @dogwheels, @Judlepip, and anyone else. Hope you guys are doing okay and into the festivities of the season and such. Three weeks before Christmas and I have not twinkled one light, I did grab up 2 gifts and that is about it. I will just do money or small gifts. I usually have generic gifts around saved from what I bought on sale and store it away from a previous year. Last year I bought baskets of various sizes and stack the baskets with items and gave them to my step sister and home attendants who care for my mom. I have not done much of anything. I just cannot do the crowds nor the lines. There is a Christmas Tree store that sells everything especially great stocking and basket stuffers, but the store is usually crowded. I am not really getting caught up in Christmas and the next day is my birthday This Sunday is my older son's birthday (Pearl Harbor Day). I just want to keep it quiet and pain-free. That is what I am wishing for. Hope everyone has a great night and sleep well. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc

I hope that you are keeping well? I hope your RA is settling back down.

I had to speak to my sons partner, a few weeks back now. I explained that her kids were going to get cash this year. She was absolutely fine with this. So, I shall look out for a decent sized box of chocs, and put a money wallet on it xx

My dad is 80, next Wednesday and we are all going down to mom and dad's house. We were meant to be going out for a meal but dad insisted he'd much prefer to be at home, thank you xxx he has a hernia and it's very painful. He's having it operated on in towards the end of Jan this year, next xxxx

Take care and God bless you.

Love Ann xxx
 
Oh my goodness @Nana moon 27, you really have a lot going on. I don't even know how you keep up with everything. My younger son came in earlier in the am as he was out with friends. At 24 years old, he is a young man now and I am glad that he still enjoys talking to his mom. He likes to check in with me when he comes in and will peek in to see if I am okay or awake. Ann, God bless your dad. I can imagine that he would rather be at home with his family. Hope that hernia gets sorted out. It seems to take a little while to be scheduled for surgeries over there or it is possible to due to the holidays? I hope all goes well for him. My mom is 81. I have her with me this weekend at my house. I will have home attendant with me and this one is excellent. She does so much for me when she is here. She irons my uniforms, cleans my bathrooms, she goes above and beyond, cleans my refrigerator. Tidies up as she goes along. She is like a part of the family. I am just glad that we have her. She is from Africa. Oh Oh, @marmora is going to get me :yes:. She will be wondering why I am up at this time. I am still uncomfortable and needed to take pain medication. Also had gone to sleep before taking my nighttime blood pressure med. And I needed a little snack... @hopefaith, so glad to see you back. Yu were missed. Thank you for the warm thoughts. @tiredwife, thank you for that warm Thanksgiving wish. All was well. Was not feeling well from the Wednesday before, and had mom with me until this past Wednesday, but managed. Hope you enjoyed your camping trip. We used to go camping many moons ago. @Nana moon 27, so much easier to do the money thing. I like the candy and wallet idea. I would like that myself if someone gave me that. Especially as the youngsters get older. That is what they are looking for sometimes, then they can buy exactly what they would like. Christmas can be so much work for one day, then it is over. The true meaning is sometimes truly lost. Hope everyone has a great day.. pain-free and all. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, hope you are feeling well, and @madinana you too. Hope you are both feeling stronger every day. @Minnie's knees, I was on Remicaide as the second biologic and it stopped working for me after a while. I am due for my second Acterma IV this Thursday. It is a one hour infusion so I will go early in the morning and then go to work. That is the only way I can work it out to save on my time. I have no sick time left and I get no more until April. So all the time I have to take off for MD appointments, Infusion, picking up pain med scripts, (monthly), and just not feeling well like last Wednesday, will be unpaid time. Not much else I can do. Oh not to mention when it snows and I cannot get in. That too counts as unpaid time... Well I am thankful that I do have a job. Everyone have a blessed day.
 
@chestnc I am sorry you are out of sick time. That is so frustrating but you still have to take care of yourself. Remicade is the first one I have tried. While it helps its not perfect. But I keep having set backs too. My LFT' s were crazy high a couple of weeks from pain meds. They came back down after stopping the pain meds for a week and I am now using the meds very sparingly. My knee is doing okay, ROM is improving slowly.

I am hoping the Acterma helps you and the snow cooperates so you can make it to work when you need to. I too am thankful to have a job. You have a blessed day too.
 
@chestnc Our camping trip was great, had the last two nice days of weather for the winter. I'm like you, I just can't get in the Christmas spirit this year.
They started a new thread for me in the social area, tiredwife's cantina so my old thread is just for medical stuff with knees and the new one is chatting.
 
@chestnc I too am wondering what to give as gifts. This year (and probably all forth coming years) will be different. It feels bad to not be able to do what I have done in past years. I hope you are having less pain.
h.f.
 
Hi @hopefaith, sometimes years change and we cannot do what we have done in previous years. Not to worry, do what you can, and whatever you do should be much appreciated. Thank you so much for your well wishes. I hope you are doing well too. Sometimes this time of year can be difficult in general. @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @Minnie's knees, @madinana, @Ellejay, @tiredwife, not certain why once one thing stops hurting something else begins. I have not had a headache for a good while. I actually have had a headache since I came home 3 hours ago in spite of taking my headache medications. Last night as well but not this bad. I checked my blood pressure and whaalaa it is really elevated. Same thing last night. If I cannot get it back to normal I will have to call the Cardiologist again. What can we do, take one day at a time and hope for the best. @Ellejay, hope you are doing well and receiving your medication on time. @Minnie's knees and @madiana hope you both are coming along well. @tiredwife, hope hubby is good and you are not being tired out by the holidays too much. Did you recover from the camping trip? Sounds like fun. I have not gone camping when it has been cold, but have been caught in the rain. Hope everyone is doing well and having a good night and blessed day. Take care and remain pain-free all. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc hope you have the BP under control now. I hate headaches, I would rather have just about anything else than a headache.
Hubby starts overtime today, only an hour a day overtime for now. Hope it doesn't last long. I told him to pace himself and take breaks. A lot of the guys he works with are our friends and will look out for him. He has a tendency to do to much.
The camping trip was great fun, it's not much work. Everything stays in the camper except our clothes and food, so that is all we have to haul in and out of it. Plus we take our own firewood. We have a firepit in the back yard so we usually have wood handy.
You take care of yourself!
 
Hi folks,sorry to report @Nana moon 27, B/P is still elevated. Headache came back, and it is nagging on and off all day. I have had it all day. I called Cardiologist but was not able to get through to the office. Will try again tomorrow. Difficult to really relax with a headache and I have taken something. Still headache not budging. Thanks @tiredwife for your concern. Glad hubby has someone to look over him and watch out for him. Can't overdo it as he is still in the healing phase. Hope everyone has a blessed evening and night.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom