Guest viewing is limited

TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Nana moon 27, @marmora, and @Minnie's knees, you guys are just too wonderful. Thank you guys so much for your prayers, well wishes, good thoughts and that beautiful cross. You guys are just too much. So thoughtful in spite of going through trials and tribulations yourselves. I do appreciate it. And to open up this site and see that just before I am ready to go to work is just fantabulous (Fantastic and fabulous) put together. I know here I go making words up, but one word does not describe you guys. Thank you so much. @Minnie's knees, I hope you are feeling better and stronger each day. @Nana moon 27, I pray that things go well with your daughter and that your knee is on the mend now. @marmora, you are always there for everyone as the rest are. I hope you are doing well. Will chat with you guys and catch up on threads tonight if the sleep bug doesn't bite me. Everyone have a blessed day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc I totally understand when off RA drugs , which I had to for surgery, and to get it in your system again Its funny I have a pinch nerve according to my MRI I have been putting off. Keep your faith as with him by your side,you can get through anything will include you in my prayers, take care
 
Hi @chestnc, thank you for your kind words re my avatar, it's nice to get dressed up occasionally, so I like the reminder of a very happy day each time I'm on this site.
I do hope that this new treatment makes a big difference to you, you really deserve to get rid of your pain, I don't know how you manage to stay as cheerful as you always do.good luck with it, you are in my thoughts and prayers. Lyn xxx
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @tiredwife, @madinana, @Ellejay, I got through another day, thank goodness. The weather is cold, cold, cold, here and wet and raining. There was a threat of a snow flurry. I won't really know how the IV therapy is until I have had about 3 or more doses. @tiredwife, thanks for the reminder of taking a vitamin. I just finished a bottle, but I actually totally forgot to open the next one that I have in the cabinet. I really don't see much of a difference in the fatigue, but feel it cannot hurt. @madinana, how are you doing with the your new knee. I hope you are getting around well and not in a lot of pain. My goodness you have a pinched nerve too. Oh boy, by the end of the day I am so uncomfortable. I hope to feel better soon once I do get back to exercises specific for neck and shoulder. @Ellejay, I hope things have worked out well for your Dad. It is tough trying to take care of ourselves and take care of our aging parents. @nana moon27, I have to catch up on you and your daughter. I hope she is feeling a bit better. Take care of yourselves and have a good night, pain-free evening. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
  • Hi @chestnc I'm making good progress since my antidepressant has been double pd last Monday. I'm in agony both knees. Cut morphine by 10mg 2 days ago and now it's too low. Have just upped the 10mg again. I can't take this pain x xx x
  • My daughters bloods came back normal. Nothing to say anything specific. That's a relief. She still has to go to the hospital. She's still waiting for that appointment. 2 weeks ago she was referred to the hospital x x x xx x
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @madinana, @tiredwife, @Ellejay, @marmora, @Minnie's knees,@Pumpkln, hope everyone is well and feeling comfortable. Just a little update. My knee is doing well.. Yeah!!! The RA IV med. I started seems to be doing the trick. I don't want to say too much too soon..... I still have a few twinges of achiness in my op knee and in my lower extremities, especially with this terribly cold weather. I have started PT for a pinched nerve in my neck which causes pain to radiate down my left shoulder down my left arm. Has been especially troublesome tonight. PT does help and I have also been doing the neck exercises which the first therapist showed me how to do. And been putting warm compress on neck area, Voltaren cream, and massaging neck area myself. Still having pain since early this evening. @marmora, you know when I am up at these hours, I am not feeling well. Hope all of you have a good evening and a great day. Hopefully will be pain-free for all of us. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc

I am crossing everything for you. Its sounding so positive. I hope that snow doesn't get to you x
I saw it in the news. I've not seen snow that deep for years.

As regards your neck, I'm not telling you what to do but suggesting to be very aware of your posture when using your laptop/tablet at night. I've fallen asleep in some very strange positions. I now have started to switch it off now usually around midnight and then put it back ion whatever time I awaken.

Pain free would be a dream!!! X x x x

Take care
Love Ann x x x
 
@chestnc, it is lovely to hear that your knee is doing well, and certainly encouraging for me as I face my second. I realise I am extremely lucky, but my health is very good, so once I get this knee sorted I should be really fit and well, and ready to enjoy a full life again, I can't wait to start travelling again.
How is the snow where you are? The pictures we are seeing look amazing, is it affecting you? Lyn xx
 
@chestnc
Christine,
Yes, I do know when you've had a uncomfortable night and are awake at all hours.
Good to hear that your new IV medication is starting to take effect.

Hopefully, you'll find some relief from the pinched nerve in your neck soon.
It's Friday morning as I write this, so you're heading into the weekend and I know you love the extra time to have a lie- in :chillpill:. So, enjoy !

As this is Thanksgiving week, hope that you will also have some extra time off, you so need it.

Take care and you are thought of with kind & warm thoughts,
Cathie
 
Great to hear that it is so far so good on your medication. Have you been taking care of yourself? I know you're quite a go getter.
I don't know how you do it. I have more work to do today but really want a nap. I may lie down for a while and then try to get back to it when I can concentrate better. Luckily I'm home this afternoon or a nap could be tricky. :rotfl:
Wishing you low pain and good rest.
 
@chestnc so happy you are feeling better and hope it continues to improve.

I had my infusion on Friday after being off if it for 14 weeks. My LFTs were very high and I had to stop the pain meds but it's always something with RA and TKRs as you well know.
 
Hi all, @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @madinana, @tiredwife, @Ellejay, @marmora, @Minnie's knees, @ConnieJOS, @yiayia3,hope everyone is doing well and is waking up pain free. @Nana moon 27, thank you, good point taken well indeed. I am propped up on many pillows. but you are so right. I need to pay attention to posture in general. I do the home exercises that they have given and they have helped tremendously along with the deep massages that the therapists gives me during my PT sessions, and the exercises that I do there. I have a F/U with the Neurologist in 2 more weeks. @yiayia3, thank you so much for stopping by my thread and the lovely well wishes. Hope you are doing well and those handsome grandsons of yours are doing well. @marmora, I woke up early as I fell asleep early. Going to go back to sleep again after a spot of tea. @Minnie's knees the IV Acterma seems to help me. Which biologic are you on if you don't mind me asking. Hope you, @Minnie's knees, @madinana, and @ConnieJOS, hope you guys are feeling well as your new knees are concerned. Remember ice, elevate, oh and most important pain medicine. @marmora , I am actually not in pain, but just happened to wake up a tad bit early. Going for a spot of tea. Everyone have a blessed day and a pain-free one as well. :loveshwr::loveshwr::loveshwr:
 

Attachments

  • [Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
    o7q7u0[1].gif
    2.9 KB · Views: 178
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom