TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @marmora Cathie, you are so so right. Yes I have been up since then. Had to go to bathroom, and pain was setting in and I couldn't ignore it. I have been awake since 4:30am. You know me well. I so should be asleep. Thank you for thinking about me you are a gem. I was looking for your thread and just could not find it so I sent you a message on Ann's thread. I then went on the prayer line that I go on which is wonderful. One of the minister's from one of my friend's and co-worker's church comes on a group chat line and reads a Psalm and prayers for about 20-30 mins. from 5:30am -6am. I catch it when I wake up like this and sometimes on a weekend if I wake up early. I can always go back to sleep. I took pain meds at 4:30, but still a bit uncomfortable. It is the RA acting up. I am going to call the Rheumatologist because I don't know what his plan is for me. I hope you are feeling well Cathie and that you have a great day. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi Christine @chestnc

I know it's hard to keep up with all the places that all of us post on the BoneSmart site.
I sometimes forgot to look at or post on my own thread Left TKR on 17 July

You're probably thinking, "Where did Cathie get such a flashy title for her thread" ! :heehee:

Sorry to hear that you RA was keeping you awake, I had thought so when I figured out the time that you were posting. As you should have been :chillpill:.

I will say a prayer that you find comfort today and have a more restful sleep tonight and that your Rheumatologist develops a plan that will provide you with relief.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
@chestnc I am sorry to hear your RA is still flaring up. Hope they find something that works for you soon. I can sympathize as mine is flared up as well due to being off meds for the surgery. In my case the pain meds for the knee also help the RA.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, when I was newly post op I went into an RA flare where everything hurt. I had to have my pain meds switched when I got home as what held me in the hospital was not holding me at home. Once I got the pain meds bumped up I was okay RA wise and knee wise. Hope you have a good night sleep and have a good day tomorrow. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc thank you so much. I listened again to the online pastor. Wow it made me think. I even managed to out some into practice. Instead of saying "oh I look like a bag of mess" I thought "you're alive". Instead of saying why am I so down! I thought what makes me happy. It works Christine. Truly. Thank you xx

How are you?

Love Ann xxx
 
@Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @madinana, @tiredwife, @Ellejay, @marmora, @Minnie's knees,@Pumpkln, @hopefaith, @Ellejay and anyone else I may have forgotten. I have been so exhausted lately that I have gone on one or two threads and then I am sound asleep .I am in so much pain now that I cannot even get in my bath tub that awaits me. I have a pinched nerve in my shoulder. Not certain how that came about, but I have been taking pain medicine and using a pain patch that I have at home for the shoulder, but by the end of the day I am whipped and in so much pain like tonight that I can barely focus on anything except relaxing in bed and going on this site. Being off my RA meds for a while and with the combination of the cold weather, the RA is truly troublesome at work. My LFT's (liver function test) have come back normal. I waited a week, no call from doctor or nurse so I called and asked okay what is the plan now. So the nurse looked in my chart and realized as I had told her that I was due to start a new IV medication for RA (Acterma) since August when the LFT's were found to be out of whack. So I am due to start the Acterma (a biologic med) on Monday November 10th. It takes a while for these biological medications to kick in. I also have an appointment with the Neurologist for the pinched nerve shoulder pain on Monday as well. So I will be taking the day off. I will have to go in for the IV treatment once a month. The medication will infuse over an hour then I am finished. Just when I got everything sorted out with the knee. @Nana moon 27, I hope your daughter will soon have an answer. I am praying for her :prayer:. @madinana :console2: and @Minnie's knee's :console2:, I hope that you both are feeling better and stronger each day with your new knees :ice:, pain meds and elevate. To all of you guys, thank you so, so, so, so, much for always thinking about and checking up and sending me well wishes in this thread or @Nana moon 27 coffee club's thread. You all are so sweet and compassionate and know the RA is just not fun at all :oyvey::gaah:. @marmora, you are so right :xmark:. You know when I am awake at those unheard of hours that I am just plan uncomfortable. I am so glad that I can go online and know that my friends all of you guys have such good thoughts and wishes for me and I just want to say I appreciate you all. I hope everyone has a wonderful evening and a restful, pain-free night. :yahoo:
 
@chestnc Sorry you are dealing with a pinched nerve, I know that can really hurt. Hope the new meds work for you! Sounds like you are having a tough time, try to rest when you can.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, Ann, and @tiredwife, thank you guys so much. Ann I love the twinkling cross, so beautiful and meaningful. @tiredwife, I meant to tell you I like your new avatar. You guys are the bestest. I know I am making words up as I go along. Thanks again. Can you imagine, I am in so much pain I am not even hungry. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc sorry you have a pinched nerve on top of everything else. Great that your LFT's are normal and you will be able to start the new IV meds. Praying for good results to help your RA and for pain management to help your shoulder.

You are a very strong lady and have a lot that you are dealing with. I wish I could reach out and give you a hug. Next best thing (((hugs))).
 
Hi @chestnc, sorry to hear that you are in so much pain, I suppose it is good that your knee is at least behaving, but you just don't deserve all this other pain, I wish I had a magic wand to wave over you. I do hope the new meds work for you son, xxx Lyn
 
Good Morning Christine @chestnc

Oh my dear friend, my heart aches to hear about your relentless discomfort and loss of sleep and also your appetite.

Monday, 10 November cannot come soon enough. And I do hope that the next few days until the new RA infusion kicks in that you won't be in too much pain.

Hoping that your Neurologist appointment will also sort out your pinched nerve.

Reading your 12 month anniversary TKR report showed such great progress in that area, so unfortunate that the RA and related problems are ongoing.

I know that you find comfort in your faith and that is so very important at times like this.

Take care and kind thoughts for you and also for your mother. May the next few days pass quickly and that better days are to come .

Keeping you in my thoughts & prayers,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hello Christine @chestnc

Haven't heard form you since after the Usher concert and better yet haven't seen you posting in the wee hours of the night.

Hoping the gentle tones of Usher are like a lullaby and helping you to sleep at night. :chillpill:

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi all, @Nana moon 27, @dogwheels, @madinana, @tiredwife, @Ellejay, @marmora, @Minnie's knees, @hopefaith, and @Ellejay, and anyone else I may have missed, hope this finds you guys well and pain-free. I have been so exhausted lately as I was holding my own by not being on RA meds for a while and now it is finally catching up to me. I am having more fatiguedness than I have had for a long time. I fall asleep with my lap top in bed and then I am sitting up. I end up waking around 1am and just turn it off and to sleep. I did get to the Rheumatologist's office and started my first IV treatment with Aterma. It will take another dose or two to really feel the full effects of the meds. I also went to the Neurologist. What a nice doctor and a terrific bedside manner and he is not aggressive and feels that I would benefit from some PT. I start this Saturday with my evaluation for the pinched nerve and to get from PT of the neck exercises that I need to do. Going back to sleep. Take care everyone. Thank you @Nana moon 27, and @marmora for your warm thoughts. @Ellejay, your avatar is really so nice with you and your spouse. Have a blessed day everyone. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Oh @chestnc I'm so glad to hear you've started the new treatment. I know you've had to go through the mill to get to this stage but we will all be praying this to work for you.

[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA I've sent you a the strongest gold cross I could find. Strangely it all but leapt out of the page at me, so I knew that was the one to send you. I think it kind of represents how strong your faith is. To have faith in something is what keeps us all going. Good luck Christine xxx
 
@chestnc I am so glad that you were able to start the new iv treatment. I know it takes awhile to feel the effects but I sure hope it works for you. You have been through so much and deserve some relief. Thankfully, I will resume my iv treatment next week. Best wishes that the PT helps the pinched nerve.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom