TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ooh @kneeper, over here is a commercial for Volt****. It shows a guy in his fifties doing back bends doing street dancing. It's very misleading. It makes you really think that if you used the stuff it would give you that freedom of movement. I don't think so....Sorry rant over but it totally does my head in!!! Grrrrrrr :hairpulling::bignono: Xxx

Hi @chestnc, it's lovely to hear from you. Wow, that Zucchini is huge absolutely huge. I can hear @dogwheels singing that old musical hall song "oh, what a beauty!" already, all the way from Budapest lolxxxx

I'm glad to read that your blood pressure has come down and you're on kinder shifts xxxx

Thanks for inviting me in. Chat soon
Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
Hi @kneeper, I know what you mean. With myself having tried x, y, and z and either they have only worked for a short period of time or not at all. I give those folks credit who can run around like the tv commercial people after having taken those meds. I wish we could do a commercial to show what RA really feels like.
There's one I've seen lately with a woman who looks like she's working all day on a construction project like Habitat for Humanity. I always think--well, they don't show her crying in pain when she gets home.
 
Hi @kneeper, Today I had a bad day at work and I had no pain med on me so I had to suffice with Motrin. I usually can hold out until I get home, but my back started killing me around midday. I came home and straight away I took the extended release pain medication and the short acting pain med this evening. I had to wait until I settled down with the pain before moving around. @nana moon27, I am trying to see how big that Zucchini will grow before the weather flips and I have to I clip it down. I have never seen anything like it before the first one I grew which was 23". I understand what you mean about commercials. That is why most of the time I pick those times to do something else. My ears do perk up when a new medication or RA is mentioned though. I know @marmora would like to have a piece of this one too. If I lived closer to you guys I could share it. Hope everyone has a good evening and a blessed pain-free day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hello Christine @chestnc

Sorry to hear that you were in such pain yesterday and hope that you eventually had a comfortable night and able to get some sleep. RA seems to be a devil of a condition, never knowing when it will flare up and get you !

Hope you have a pain free day today and for the next few days,
Cathie
 
@kneeper and @marmora (Cathie), thank you so much for the caring warm well wishes. I took the extended release pain medication before I left home. That usually gets me to at least 4pm during the day. I am better today and had a longer day as I had to go in early. @marmora, the blood pressure is down to normal thank goodness. Hope everyone has a good night and a pain-free day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc stopping g by to say hello. Sorry you were in pain earlier this week and hope it has resolved. My RA is in a little flare up since I had my flu shot and no infusion in last 9 weeks. 11 more days until my surgery and then the pain meds should help the RA as well as the knee. I am curious to see just how big your zucchini will get. Hope you are have a pain free weekend.
 
@chestnc
Have been reading some of your posts on Nana Moon's and amazed at your zucchini plant.

Thought of you last last went to supper with a work friend and we both ordered the Eggplant Parmesan and it was delicious ! Wish that you had been there to join us.

It was only in one of your posts in a Nana Moon's about caring for your husband when he was I'll, while raising your two sons and working and then your Mom developing Alzheimer's. This along with your RA.

You are amazing and are indeed of woman with great inner strength.

Looking forward to reading your one year post op report and should make your very interesting reading.

Take care my friend,
Cathie x
 
Hi Chris @chestnc

Reading through other posts, I saw that your RA is causing you more pain recently and that you have an appointment with your Pain Management Doctor on Wednesday.

Hopefully, a change or increase in medication will bring you some relief.

It must be very hard when you are in such pain to get up and go to work each day and then also the care of your mother can take a toll on your health.

Take acre and I do hope that by the end of this week you will be more comfortable,
Cathie x
 
Hi @marmora, Cathie thank you for your kind thoughts. I have been having so much back pain along with neck shoulder and left arm pain. Yesterday I put a pain patch on and rubbed Volteran cream on the shoulder area during the day along with pain medication and those items just took the edge off. Tonight it's a little better, but the neck and shoulder hurt. This is the way RA behaves. Any and every area or joint is liable to hurt. I am certain the cooler weather is not helping either. You are at the 3 month mark for your knee replacement. How are you doing? I hope everything is progressing nicely. Take good care of yourself. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hello Christine @chestnc

I hope that is your name, I seem to remember Nana Moon/ Ann calling you that in one of her posts.

RA seems such a cruel disorder, never knowing when it will increase your pain and which of your joints will be affected. It seems to be so debilitating and strikes without warning.

The pain must also zap your energy and make simple movements painful at times.

With your RA, you are also working, caring for your mother, living day to day with many responsibilities and always seem positive and have concern and kindness for myself and others on BoneSmart. Thank you.

My knee is improving day by day, down with the flu/ heavy cold the past few days, so haven't been outside the door. But, otherwise feeling positive and see the light getting brighter at the end of the recovery tunnel.

Take care and hope that you get some comfort after your doctor appointment on Wednesday.
Cathie
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, and @marmora, you both are so sweet and kind, thank you for thinking about me. Hope you both had a good day. @marmoraCathie, I certainly hope you can nip the cold in the bud and get rid of it. Feel better real soon... Ann, yes it will be a year to the day this Thursday. I have an appt. this Thursday with my OS. I am okay knee wise, but I am now having new pain... My knee is okay, but I am having really bad pain on my left shoulder radiating down the left arm to my pinky and ring finger. Along with that I have bad back aches, shoulder, and neck pain 8-9/10. I have the "TENS" machine on now which seems to help some. Not certain if it is a part of RA (left arm pain or a pinched nerve). I will speak to my pain management doctor tomorrow about the pain in my arm, neck and fingers. Hope you both have a good night tonight. Take good care of yourselves. Hope we all try to stay as pain-free as possible. p.s. @marmora,Yes that is my name, you got it right. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi again @marmora, I am just now seeing some of your posts. I don't get all of my tags, but I do go through everything. I truly get my strength from you guys on this board and moderators who are ever so supportive. I know I have to be strong as well because if I let the RA get the best of me, it certainly would. I was due to try a new biologic medication and then my liver function test went out of whack so I had to start from scratch and come off all RA meds for a month and just start back on one tablet. When I go tomorrow to the pain management doctor, I will also have bloods drawn for the Rheumatologist in the same facility and in the afternoon, I will pick my mom up from my day program and we both go to the Pulmonologist as my mom has decreased lung capacity due to RA (she also has it but not as bad as I do) and I have asthma possibly due to RA. When I can make our appointments together I do. Needless to say I am off from work tomorrow. At least I can sleep later. Glad to hear that your knees is coming along well. Keep up the good work :thumb:. Take good care of yourself an have a good night and a great day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @chestnc

Oh Christine

I'm sorry you are in further pain, it's so rotten you are going through this. You are right though we are here to support and guide you, pray for you and be a friend you can rely on. You have been brilliant with me and I cannot thank you enough for your unbending support and kindness. I hope that you get on ok with the pain management and get a favourable outcome. I will look out for your post. Gosh you and your mom go through a lot healthy use, yet you continue to work, always cheerful on here, sorting things out with your mom and looking after your family. Wow, you're awesome, truly are Superwoman!! Thank you for your continued friendship and support, you can rely on me being here for you too, as well as all your other Bonesmart friends. Xxx

Love Nana moon 27 xoxox
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, I slept in today as my first appt. is not until 11:30am. It was so nice to wake up and see your lovely response. It just warmed my heart. Thank you so much. It is so good to be able to receive all the wonderful kindness and well heartfelt wishes from you and the rest of the great folks here, and it is also great to give whatever support I can offer to the same folks when they are in need. I hope you are having a good day and the nee is not troubling you. Take care and have a blessed day. I am so glad we met on the Limerick thread, just having a sleepless night :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Christine @chestnc

Hoping all goes well for you and your mother at your doctor appointments.
Glad to hear you had a lie- in, there are lovely.

Take care,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Happy Ankneeversary Christine! Woohoo! Well done you!!!

[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

All my love from Nana moon 27 xxx
 
moderators who are ever so supportive
It is easy to be supportive of such a nice person!
Happy one year anniversary too! :thumb:
Did you ever think this far down the road when you started on the TKR journey?

And I hope that you and your mother feel better from the RA soon.
Take care!
 
Happy Christine One Year Anniversary Day ! :happydance::dancy::egypdance::happydance:

Twelve months ago you were facing surgery and probably a bit anxious as to what the outcome would be for you.
Now 365 days, 1 year, 52 weeks, 12 months later, it's all behind you.

I've been re-reading your posts from the first posts and what a journey you been on.

Wishing you many Happy Days ahead with many pain free days.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom