TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chestnc
Hope that the headaches are under control, it is an awful feeling to have a constant headache.

Love the pictures of your veggies!
They are certainly prize winning specimens and would win awards at any State Fair.

Take care,
Cathie
 
@Pumpkln, I have never had ratatouille, but that sounds like an idea. @marmora, thank you, next year I have to look into the state fair if I get growths like these. As far as the headache, actually would you believe the headache is back. I am going in to work a little later today as I have to pick up scripts from my pain management doctor. I have days off at the end of this week and will work on this headache issue. I have known migraines. Hope everyone has a blessed pain-free day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc I started mine from seeds too, that made it even worse when the rain washed them all away! I would love to have more vegetable plants, but this year I just couldn't manage with hubby's 2 TKRs plus I was babysitting our grandson, and I was sick with sinus infections a lot. Enjoy your fresh vegetables.
 
Ratatouille - yum! However, there was a time when we thought we couldn't look another one in the face! One summer, we had courgettes in abundance! They just kep on producing more and more wonderful editions of themselves! We had stuffed courgette, baked courgette, fried courgette, cheesy courgette and endless dishes of ratatouille!

@chestnc I hope your headaches have settled, take care of YOU!
 
Hi all, I have to say the headaches have finally subsided. Thank goodness and thank you all for all your well wishes. @Judlepip, those dishes sound so good. Will have to try some. @tiredwife, I am enjoying my vegetables. Only one year I started some vegetables in the house from seeds. I did not have much luck though. Everyone have a great evening and a blessed day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Good Morning @chestnc

Are you awake Very Early or did you not get to sleep,last night.
If it's 9am in Dublin and you're in the States, it must be 3 or 4 am where you are.

Hope that the sleep fairies sprinkle sleepy dust over you, so that you can go back to a pain free dream land.
:chillpill:

Take care,
Cathie
 
Hi @marmora, you are so on point and astute. Yes I actually was up most of the night and did not get to slepp until around 6am, for one reason or another. When that happens I usually get on the computer as that does help me to relax and fall asleep sometimes
Hi @madinana, @Jozilla, @kneeper,
@Nana moon 27, @tashia, @Judlepip, @dogwheels, @marmora, @Pumpkln, @cjf1222, @Minnie's knees,@hopefaith, and anyone else I may have missed. I did go to the cardiologist on Friday as I know my blood pressures are out of whack. Very high. So yet another B/P med was added. This makes three. This could be the reason for some of the headaches which still persist, but not as bad. It certainly does not help, but I do have headaches without the blood pressure elevation as well. Still having the headaches and the blood pressure has been slowly going down. I mean at a snails pace which is fine because drastic highs and lows are not good either way. Will be glad to be feeling back to my old self whatever that is. I am off a few days from work and will be tending to MD appts. and I have a spa massage session planned for Tuesday. I will let you guys know how that is. Hope everyone has a blessed peaceful day and a wonderful week. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
cardiologist on Friday as I know my blood pressures are out of whack
Hi there @chestnc
Definitely good that you saw your cardiologist. So sorry your BP is out of whack and adding to your headache woes.
Here you have hit the one year mark on a new knee and are sidelined with bad headaches. That is sooooo not fun! Hopefully this combination of BP meds will work well for you and bring down the BP and the frequency of the headaches.


I have a spa massage session planned
That sounds positively divine and just what the dr ordered. Hmmmm...... may have to make a spa appt myself. :)

And your vegetable garden looks wonderful!
And please do remember to give us a full up one year anniversary post on that knee. Recap the highlights and low lights and where you are at know, and whether you would do it all again. And what activities you may do now you could not do a year ago.
Looking forward to reading it! :SUNsmile:
 
@chestnc Hi there! Does your BP meds have HCT? Hubby's BP meds weren't working that well until they put him on the ones with HCT. Right now he is on Diovan HCT and it works really well. Hope when the BP gets down the headache don't come back!
 
@chestnc Hope they get your blood pressure under control and it helps the headaches. How is your RA pain? I hope the Arabs is helping. I am feeling my RA this week as I have not had an infusion for 7weeks now in anticipation of surgery. RA wants me off infusion 9-10weeks before and hoping for a late Oct date. Wishing pain free days for all of us.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, thank you for asking. The strange thing is that after I was taken off of everything because of my LFT's and had to wait a period a then restarted with only Arava, I have had less pain than when I was on everything under the sun including IV meds. I have to take another blood test in October and see where we are at with the liver enzymes and then we will see. So far the change of weather has not even affected me (knock on wood). Yes TKR have to be scheduled accordingly around the biologics. Hope that October day will stick so you too can join the other side. Just think you will be that much ahead of the game as you will have all the knowledge of this board. Keeping my finger's crossed :fingersx: for you and wishing you and everyone else a pain free week.
 
Hi @1ELISEA, thank you so much for your comments. So much appreciated. I actually have been having headaches for about 2 months. But I have had worse headaches including migraines with a normal B/P. I have a true familiar history of hypertension in the family. I have been to the Cardiologist 3 times in the past 5 weeks. I have had the nighttime medication doubled and another morning pill added. @tiredwife thank you for your kind responses. I am not on HCT. My mom is on plain Diovan, and my youngest son (24 yrs. old) is on 3 different medications from both my mom and I. We have already made diet changes years ago. @1ELISEA, I certainly will get it together and tell about how it is hitting the one year mark. Thank you for inviting me to do so. Hope everyone has a pain free evening/day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Good Morning @chestnc
Hope that as I am writing this that you are sleeping :chillpill:.
And that the additional B/P medication is helping the headaches.

Several years ago I had a series of blinding headaches and like you it was in relation to a high B/P and after the diagnosis and medication have been relatively headache free.

With your strong family history, you must be pretty expert in this area.

Hope your RA is not causing too many additional pains.

Take care,
Cathie
 
Hi @marmora, Good morning or midday to you as well. I did manage to get a good night sleep. Thanks for the concern.The headaches are improving though still there slightly. I am able to take Tylenol ES and am okay. Usually they start upon arising. The blood pressure is stuck in the position of 150's/90's erring on the higher side of 90-ish. With a third B/P med added and a return to doctor appt. in 2 weeks (The doctor wants me to call if I don't see any change in B/P before the 2 weeks and he will make changes over the phone), we will hopefully get the blood pressure back to where it has been which is normal for so, so long.. The good thing is that the knee feels good and I only have minimal RA discomfort.... Oh dear spoke too soon just checked it.. 164/92 and I just woke up. Am fixing breakfast and will take my am meds. The new one should be taken with food to minimize stomach upsets. I am off a few days from work and am going to a line dancing class this morning with my friend, only because I am off. Will recheck B/P later on. Thanks for checking up on me Cathie. Hope you have a good day as well.
 
@chestnc the HCT is to get the fluid off your body. When you take your blood pressure make sure the arm is at heart level. It makes a huge difference in bp how the arm is positioned. Glad you got some sleep.
 
Hi @Jozilla, @madinana, @kneeper, @Nana moon 27, @Judlepip, @dogwheels, @marmora, @Pumpkln, @cjf1222, @Minnie's knees,@hopefaith, and anyone who would like to join in. I went with my girlfriend to a daytime senior line dancing class. This class was fantastic and the teacher was great. It's too bad she only has midday classes once a week. The class was one hour and 15 minutes and she kept us going and gave us some extra time. I had today off so I was able to go. I enjoyed it so I was happy that I went. Hope everyone has a blessed week and let it be pain-free. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
:loveshwr:Hi @mamora, Cathie I had been taking line dancing with another teacher one day a week after work with this same friend in the evening with a different teacher. I took the class before RTKR and in the spring after TKR, but there was something missing in that class. This class was packed. There were about 30 of us. This instructor said that she had not had that many people in her class before. In my past class there were 4-6 people in the class. The difference is that the previous class was a paid $150.00 for about 12 weeks. The class that I went today are free. Oh Cathie, we would have a good time. I like to dance as well. I do find it takes time to get the co-ordination together. Have a good nite. Take care of yourself. :loveshwr:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom