TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @chestnc,

Putting line dancing on my to do list when the knee will let me.
It's great fun and provides- few good laughs.

Hope you're having a good day.
Cathie
 
Hi @marmora, how are you? How is your knee feeling? I just came back from getting a massage and it really felt good. She used warmth on my back and arms. She did some deep tissue message but I was okay handling it. It really felt good. I had a coupon for the massage as they can be very expensive. I am back home now relaxing. I am keeping an eye on that second big Zucchini I am growing that I wish I could share with you. I think it may end up bigger than the first one. I am just letting it grow to see how big it will really get. Enjoy the rest of your evening.
 
Hi @chestnc

You have inspired me again!

I have just bought GroupOn deal on line for a message and have until end of a November to use it.
Your description of your message today sounded just what I need also.

Take care and you hopefully will have a good deep sleep after your message tonight.

Cathie
 
She did some deep tissue message but I was okay handling it. It really felt good. I had a coupon for the massage as they can be very expensive. I am back home now relaxing..
I'm glad the massage went well. If I ever won a million dollars one of the things I'd do is get a massage every week. :)
 
@marmora, yeah.. good for you!!. That is where I got my coupon from, Groupon :ok: . You can really see how inexpensive it is. @kneeper, don't wait until that million dollar lottery win. Go ahead and treat yourself. I think we all deserve it every now and then. This massage was so refreshing. Cathie, they put a warm towel under on my back and the she used warm rolling stones. I had never had that done before. Let me know how yours goes Cathie. I know it will do you well. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Oh, I used to go to someone who did the warm stones but they moved out of town so I usually can't go there now. :(
I did have a massage a few weeks ago and made an appointment for later this month. I think it did my tkr leg good:bow:--as well as the rest of me. But it will probably be a while until the next one.:groan:
 
Okay @kneeper, I am glad you are getting a massage from time to time. I don't do it often at all. I usually only do it when I go away on vacation which is few and far apart. I had to do it when I saw the great groupon deal. I am sending my daughter in law for one as well for her birthday which is later on this month. @Nana moon 27, @kneeper, @madinana, @marmora, @tiredwife, @Judlepip, @Jozilla, @hopefaith, @Ellejay, @cjf1222, @Chihuahuan, @TexasTee, @Pumpkln, and @dogwheels, @Minnie's knees, @tashia, and anyone else whom I may have forgotten or who wants to join in, hope everyone is okay. I need to get up and start getting myself ready for work, but I woke up this am with one of those headaches and had to take something right away. I got on this computer and opened to my favorite place to come bonesmart and the next thing you know my headache was gone. I went to @dogwheels site for crafters that she started and got so involved with that site that I totally forgot about the bad headache, along with relaxing, and looking at the wonderful crafts folks have made, including dogwheels, and taking the meds to help calm the headache, now I am okay. I could physically and mentally stay home another day, but I technically can't. I have a little reprieve in that on Thursdays the clinic opens later, so I can go in a little later. Hope everyone has a pain-free day and I have to thank you guys for being so wonderful and I am just glad that bonesmart is here for us. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@kneeper, I called my insurance carrier again as I thought years ago they did cover massages. Apparently now they do not. It would really be a good thing if they did with those with certain ailments where it would be medically indicated. Might decrease meds that we are on and doctor visits. Without a coupon, massages can be very expensive. I usually try to treat myself when I go away on vacation.
 
Yes they are. My sister also has fibro and tries to get a massage every couple of months (has to save for it) because she say it really helps. I think it's one of those things that helps most if you can do it regularly.
Oh, well--we'll do it when we can.

I think if even if they could prove it helpful the insurance companies might not pay for it b/c meds would be cheaper. :umm: I'm not anti-medication. I often feel I'm held together by pharmaceuticals:heehee: but why take meds if something else will help. I think a combination of approaches if probably good.
 
Hi Christine @chestnc

Hope this finds you comfortable and enjoying the weekend, do you have to work weekends in the clinic or is it weekdays only. Hope the headaches aren't around for the weekend.

Saw on @dogwheels forum, that you have been sending out resumes, hope that is going well for you.

Going to book my message this week and have bought another coupon and will use that next month and also a coupon for a Facial with Indian Head Message. Something to look forward to.

Heading out with a friend for Saturday lunch.

Hope your weekend is pain free and comfortable,
Cathie
 
Hi @marmora, I woke up earlier as I went to bed early last night which had me waking up twice. At least I have been headache free for the past few days. Hope you have a wonderful day. Always nice to have someone seeing how you are doing. Today feeling a bit achy all over especially the shoulders and back. My knee is stiff as well as well. The weather has started to get to me... @Minnie's knees, I thought the Arava was going to hold me as far as RA meds, but, I can feel I will need another med thrown in there once I have another panel of LFT's checked. Took pain meds the second time I got up but should have taken the pain meds immediately upon arising. I know the weather is playing a part on the way I feel too as we are having those storms the newscasters have been talking about have found there way here to the east coast. The good part is that the storms should only last until this afternoon. We were going as a small group from church to do some apple picking, but that did not pan so the date has been rescheduled to October 18th. This place makes the best pumpkin cheese cake that I have ever tasted. Actually I have never tasted anyone else's. So, so, good!! You guys have a great a day and everyone else. Let's try to keep it as pain-free as possible. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Hi @marmora, P.S. thank goodness I am off weekends and holidays in this clinic. Also forgot to add my blood pressure has come down. Slowly, but it has come down. Thank goodness for that!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Christine @chestnc

Good to hear that your are still headache free and that your B/P has come down.

Yummy, yummy pumpkin cheese cake, never heard of it.

But, I like pumpkin pie when I'm in the States - not available in Ireland.
And I like cheese cake - so combining the two would be super yummy.

Take care and stay pain free,
Cathie
 
@chestnc and @keeper I had nor thought about massages being good for RA. Now I have a good excuse to have one. I should schedule one before my surgery on the 22nd. I am feeling my RA this week with missing my infusion for surgery. Enjoy the Apple picking on the 18th and have a bite of pumpkin cheesecake for me as Thatcher is my birthday. I don't know if you have an Olive garden restaurant but they have a very good pumpkin cheesecake this time of year. Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.
 
Don't you guys hate those commercials for drug x, y or z where the RA patients are running around as if there's nothing wrong with them? If only. :umm:
 
Hi @kneeper, I know what you mean. With myself having tried x, y, and z and either they have only worked for a short period of time or not at all. I give those folks credit who can run around like the tv commercial people after having taken those meds. I wish we could do a commercial to show what RA really feels like. @Nana moon 27,@kneeper, @madinana, @marmora, @tiredwife, @Judlepip, @Jozilla, @hopefaith, @Ellejay, @cjf1222, @Pumpkln, @dogwheels, @Minnie's knees, hope everyone had an enjoyable weekend. I have Zucchini #2 still growing on the vine getting bigger everyday. It is now measuring at 21". The first one was 23". I will be plucking it soon as it is getting cold here. Though it does very well in the refrigerator and I can also freeze it. @marmora, I know if you were closer you could come over and share some of it. This picture I took earlier today. Everyone have a blessed night and a pain-free day.
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom