TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi @Minnie's knees, the doctor placed me back on Arava (Leuflonimide). It is a dmard. Disease modifying arthritis drug.These drugs decrease damage to the joints and the bones. I have been on this and so many others believe me.
 
@chestnc
Having to battle for a treatment plan from your doctor when you were in so much pain, only adds to more stress and exhaustion. All of which you don't need !

Your doctor has finally responded with starting you back on one of your meds.
Hopefully, that will ease some of your pain and that you will also be able to bring forward your pain management doctor's appointment.

You must also have super soil or green fingers with the size of your eggplants.
? Do I smell Eggplant Parmesan browning in your oven ?

Take care and may this be the start of less pain for you,
Cathie
 
@chestnc I take Arava and plaquenil in addition to the Remicade infusions. I had elevated liver function in the beginning probably from all of the Aleve I was taking before being diagnosed and starting RA meds. So far this combination of meds seems to be working both in controlling the RA symptoms and not affecting my liver. Hopefully it helps you as well and you will be able to get into pain management sooner. Your vegetables are amazing. Eggplant parmesan sounds lovely. Wishing you many pain free days!
 
I'm glad you guys can take arava--I had a bad reaction to it a few years ago so it was back to good ol' methotrexate. It's interesting how different people respond to different medications.
 
@marmora, It might be Zucchini Parmesan. I finally cut the 23" one and made that last night. It was good if I must say so myself. I have left the two eggplant outside on the vine to continue growing. One is really big. This is the next Zucchini, trying to compete with the 1st one.
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
@marmora, Cathie if you were closer to me I would certainly share with you. I just gave my neighbor a chunk of the Zucchini, and a square of the Zucchini Parmesan. @Pumpkln, @Minnie's knees, and @marmora, thanks for the nice compliment on the vegetables. It's something I like to do, and it relaxes me. I think the Arava is kicking in as my knee and body are not as stiff as they had been. Maybe less (meds) are better. Hope everyone has a pain-free night and a blessed day.
 
Hi @Nana moon 27, [USER=4108]@kneeper, @madinana, @marmora, @tiredwife, @Judlepip, @Jozilla, @hopefaith, @Ellejay, @cjf1222, @Chihuahuan, @TexasTee, @Pumpkln, and @dogwheels. Anynone else I may have missed you are welcome to join in. It seems like it is one thing or another. If it is not knee which I am almost to the one year mark and it is doing well in spite of some ups and downs. If it is not the RA, which @kneeper and @Minnie knees the Arava seems to be holding me. (Knock on wood). Now it is a persistent headache.. OMG I have had it on and off more on than off since yesterday. I was able to take a long nap then headache right back again. Hope everyone has a blessed day if your day has started or having a good rest. @Jozilla hope you are coming along well. @kneeper hope things are really starting to move and groove there. @hopefaith, I hope that things are getting better for you all around. @ everyone else I have to catch up on yours or Nana moons 27 thread. @Nana moon 27, thinking of you as you are heading to or already at the hospital. I know you will contact us as soon as you can to let us know how things went which I know you will say swell as second times the charm. Think of the song by I believe "Second time around" by Shalimar though they are not talking about knees we will pretend they are for those of you @madinana, @Jozilla, and others who have done this more than once. The prayers are right here for you guys. Everyone have a blessed day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:[/USER]
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc happy to hear the Arabs is helping but sorry about the headache. You need a break from all of the pain. I have had allergies the last couple of weeks with weather changing and had a headache for 3 days. No fun at all. Hopefully the headache will go away and you will have a great week.
 
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
@Nana moon 27, @kneeper, @madinana, @marmora, @tiredwife, @Judlepip, @Jozilla, @hopefaith, @Ellejay, @cjf1222, @Chihuahuan, @TexasTee, @Pumpkln, and @dogwheels. Thank you guys for the compassion and thank goodness the headache did leave me. It's starting to come back a bit now. I take Fiorocet and Tylenol extra strength. I have Imitrex as well but if the headache is nagging and not super serve the Imitrex makes me sick to my stomach. Finally got some sleep at around 4am this morning.This is the first day I have not had RA or knee pain. I came straight home. Am posting better pictures of the vegetables I still have...
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
Squash, Eggplant Zucchini. The zucchini is getting longer by the minute. Not 23" like my last one but it is big. Hope everyone has a good night and a blessed day.Tonight I will sleep.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@chestnc You have a green thumb! The only vegetables I have growing is green pepper. Planted other plants but we had an awful rain the day after and mostly they washed away, doesn't help that my yard is sloped. Didn't you say you have a greenhouse? Glad your headache got better.
 
The veggies look delicious! But the best news is that you had a good day with little pain! Hoping since you are on the meds again you'll continue to have better days. So sorry this has been such a tough month.
 
Hi @tiredwife, Maybe I have a little bit of a green thumb, but I do know I enjoy growing vegetables. I planted only in the front this year. That is where I get the sun twice a day and plenty of water. No, No greenhouse here I start the plants from little baby plants in trays. I put some in planter pots and most in the ground. Tomatoes this year did not do well. I had a few. @Minnie's knees, working on the headache again.. It's back.. [USER=12353]@cjf1222, Thanks so much. The vegetables do look good if I have to say so myself. I will knock on wood to have no more knee aches and RA pain. @cjf1222, you are so right it has been a rough month. Now to get rid of the headache.[/USER]
 
Beautiful, I am thinking about Ratatouille, looking at you vegetables. Yumm!


Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
LTKR Sept 13 2011
Revision April 15 2014
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom