TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
@chestnc I am not sure which aisle the almond flour is on as my daughter picked it up for me but you are probably correct. I read it can be used in gluten free diets. I have only used it mixed with parmesan for breading as a low carb substitute. My daughter found it at Trader Joe's.
 
@Minnie's knees, thanks for the tip. There is a trader Joe's near me. @cjf1222, @Nana moon 27, @hopefaith, @Judlepip, @dogwheels, @madinana, @Jozilla, @Ellejay, @marmora, I am on this site now but I need to be getting up and getting ready for work, but I have such a severe back ache for which I took pain medication for early this am. Fortunately I can leave for work later today as the clinic opens later. I go for my last PT session this afternoon. I have to leave a little early from work. I have so much pain right now. Hopefully it will subside soon. Hope everyone has a pain-free blessed day.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, are you getting any closer to your surgery date? Good luck with tha and hope this finds you feeling okay. :loveshwr: :loveshwr:
 
@chestnc My OS does not schedule me until all preop and clearance for surgery is done. My RA wants me to wait 8-10 weeks from last infusion which was Aug19th. The clearance is only good for 30 days so I will start my pre op appointments on 10-6. That will give me 3 dates to choose from of 10-20, 10-27 and 11-3. I may only get 2 weeks notice for the actual date which will give me less time to worry about it. I have started my pre-op list of things to buy and to get completed so hopefully I will be prepared. We have had some much needed rain this week which is hard on my joints but I am doing okay. Hope you are doing well.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
:loveshwr:@cjf1222, @Minnie's knees, @Nana moon 27, @hopefaith, @Judlepip, @dogwheels, @madinana, @Jozilla, @Ellejay, @marmora, hope all is well with everyone. I am slowly starting to feel the effects of not having any RA meds in me, even with the pain meds and I am so stiff and sore, I can barely make it up a flight of stairs. Now both my knees are hurting. I think I twisted something in my so called good knee. I hope that I will get these LFT's straightened out. Had the lab work done on Thursday so I will call the doctor tomorrow to see what the result is. Hope everyone has a good night and a good morning depending on where you are. Take care and enjoy those pain free days. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc I think I missed something about your RA meds. Did your lab work come back with levels that were too high to keep taking them. I read your post and am so sorry for your pain. Also I am so sorry that both knees hurt. Stairs are so hard. I am determined to not have stairs is my next place.
Praying for you.
~~hopefaith
 
Hello @chestnc - sorry I haven't been by for a while, but I have kept up to date with your posts. I am really sorry that you don't seem to get very many good days with little pain, and so hope that they can tweak and adjust your meds satisfactorily to make things better.
Thinking of you , my friend

XXXXX
 
Hi @dogwheels, @Minnie knees,@hopefaith, I had two of the worst days that I have ever had in a good while. My knees and back pain were just daunting. My Lft's (liver function test) were elevated so I had to stop taking all RA meds. I can float like without a week or so, but it has been 3 weeks and weather changing and everything really hurts. I did call the Rheumatologist's office on Thursday. His nurse called me back on Friday to say that the doctor would be contacting me shortly.I have not heard anything yet. I don't what is taking so long. Depending on what the LFT's are, depends on what the plan will be. I am uncomfortable, both knees hurt and by the end of the day I can barely walk. Also difficult to do the exercises when I am in pain like this. Pain meds only take the edge off. Hopefully will get to be feeling better soon. Hope everyone has a pain-free weekend. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Oh @Minnie's knees, I actually found Almond meal flour at Wholefoods along with Coconut flour. I will use both to make some Zucchini bread. Thanks for the idea. :idea:
 
If you don't hear on Monday it wouldn't hurt to "remind" them by calling back yourself on Tuesday.
 
@chestnc Sorry you have been in so much pain and that your Dr hasn't called back. That can be so frustrating anytime but more when you are in pain. Hopefully you will get some relief soon. :fingersx: You get good news.
I am glad you found the almond and coconut flour. Please let me know how your zucchini bread turns out with it.
 
@chestnc your pain sounds awful! I hope the liver enzymes go back to normal so you can resume the RA meds. Are there any drugs out there that can help you without that side effect? Any promising research trials? I really hope you have lots less pain this week. Christie
 
Hi @kneeper, I will be calling on Monday morning. @cijf1222, the RA is not the only pain I have, both knees hurt as well especially the op knee. As for research trials, I don't know where that would fit in the scheme of things. The thing is the The doctor's nurse called back on Thursday or Friday, I don't remember and said the doctor was busy and he would call back. I have never had this doctor to have his nurse call back and say anything like this before. I have a pain management doctor appt. on Monday the 29th, but I believe I will have to move that appt. up as I am too uncomfortable even with pain medication. Thanks guys for all the support.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Being in pain really stinks. I'm lucky that I mostly have fairly manageable pain levels and even that is for the birds. When they ask me at doctor's appointments if I have pain it's always "yes." What hurts? "let me take inventory." :heehee:
It sounds like you kind of need your pain management appointment. Could you get a ride? Would that help a bit?
 
Hi @chestnc just trying to catch up and so sorry you are in so much pain. I would call again today. Sometimes the people you talk with on the phone do not understand the urgency of dealing with pain and do not explain properly to the doctor. I would try and move up the appt. with my pain management doctor regardless. Another thing I have done when dealing with doctors is to call after hours and leave a message for the doctor. They usually get back to you directly and your issue is dealt with much more quickly.

Keep us updated. I will pray you get relief soon.

Xoxoxo
 
@chestnc

Along with the others here, concerned for you and the pain that you are experiencing.
The RA in addition to your knees must be so frustrating and energy zapping for you.

I hope by the time that you are reading this, your doctor will have contacted you and that you have been able to reschedule your pain management appointment earlier than the end of the month.

Take care and thinking of you,
Cathie :flwrysmile:
 
Hi @marmora, Cathie, @Jozilla, @kneeper, @cjf1222 , @nana moon 27, @hopefaith, @dogwheels, @Minnie's knees, @madinana, @Judlepip, and Ellejay, thank you so much for the kind words and for thinking about me. I called the Rheumatologist's office yesterday (Monday) afternoon as I had an appt. for my mom and myself with my primary which was almost an all day task. I called the Rheumatologist's office and left a message and the next thing before I could almost hang up my cell my house phone was ringing and it was the nurse who was not so pleasant who said when I called the first time I did not say I was in pain or the doctor would have called me back sooner. I had the blood work done over a week ago. Depending on the lab work depended on whether I would start meds again or even start an IV medication. I just ignored her and told her a plan needs to be devised and the doctor needs to call me back. This morning before 9am the doctor called back and I am not certain why he sounded surprised that I had called, but I reminded him all my meds had been stopped for RA, (by him) and what was the plan. He started me back on one of the meds which I will be on for a month and then I am to have labs done the middle of October. Tonight I could barely walk up the steps to get into my house. My legs were so, so stiff. I don't know how I am going to do the exercises for my knee. Pain medication was taken and tomorrow I will try to remember to call pain management doctor and move the appt. up. I am just trying to let the meds work. I won't be able to wait to the end of the month for refills. So that is what is going on at the moment. I know you guys saw the 23" Zucchini that I grew two weeks ago. Well would you believe I have another one I spotted which must be about 11-12" again quietly growing under a leaf. Seeing these plants grow does tend to make me forget about how much pain I am in. The eggplant are growing well and there is another yellow squash. I just love watching these vegetables grow. Will post them tomorrow. Just look out and it is dark out there now. Fall is quickly approaching. Hope everyone has a great night and a pain free evening and day. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Good for you that you stuck to your guns and insisted you needed to talk to the doctor. A nurse can be helpful or an obstacle. :( Sounds like the nurse garbled things. But at least you finally got through. Hope the meds kick in soon. :console2:
 
@chestnc Glad you finally got to talk to your Dr. Sometimes we have to be the squeaky wheel. I hope the medication helps soon. Is it one you were taking before? What med is it if you don't mind me asking.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022
  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom