TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Those cocktails look wonderful in a tropical setting! Glad you got to go. I, too, love coconut flavored drinks. Even a virgin piña colada tastes great! Years ago when I first started on meds for depression and was to stay off alcohol, I went to lunch with my sister and her friend. We waited at the bar and they each ordered a drink while I said I only wanted ice tea. About halfway done I noticed that something was weird. Voila! My first introduction to Long Island Iced Tea. Oops!
 
Hi @cjf1222, and @Nana moon 27, @hopefaith, @Judlepip, @dogwheels, @madinana, @Jozilla, @Ellejay,Thank you @cjf1222 for joining in on my thread. Good to see you hear again. Yes those drinks and they were. They will make them with or without alcohol. I have had one long island iced tea years ago in Mexico and I have not had another one. I am going to take it very easy. Low - keyed as I have a backache and shoulder ache that is unrelenting due to the RA. Just have to take one day at a time. My knee is starting to act up as well. The weather we have been having here is not good. cold, damp, rainy, warm. Hope everyone has a pain-free Sunday.:loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@Nana moon 27, @hopefaith, @Judlepip, @dogwheels, @madinana, @Jozilla, @Ellejay, @marmora, @kneeper, and anyone else who would like to join in. As for physical therapy, I have one more session next week them I am let loose again. I will just have to do the exercises at home when I can. My sons have a stationery bike so I will use that and do the take home exercises I have been instructed to do. Only thing it is a bit tough to exercise when you are in so much pain. Even with pain meds, I am still hurting. Finally got the ER Nucenta. Just having a severe back ache, but the headache is better. No pain at all at this point. since yesterday. I realized my blood pressure was totally elevated, so I called my cardiologist and went to the office for a b/p check and he saw it was elevated too. Cardiologist increased the night time meds and I do feel better in that aspect.

@dogwoods, thank you for the 411 on the crafter's thread. I will check that out. Thanks, I am certain we have some very talented folks here for certain. @Nana moon 27, Keep enjoyin the

I posted a photo or two in Nana moons thread of my vegetable - Zucchini that was hiding behind some big leaves.. So here are a few more photos of my 23" long Zucchini.While I was going back and fourth to work, It hung there quietly getting bigger and bigger. I saw it and called my sons to look at it and cut it off the vine. So here it is again for those who have not seen it.
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
Hi @chestnc I haven't popped in in an age. I am sorry. Those zucchinis are amaaazing! How is your pain? Thank you for tagging me. I have missed you. I haven't visited many threads lately due my own stuff I am dealing with.
~~hopefaith
 
:loveshwr::loveshwr:Hi @hopefaith, thank you so much. You are so kind I always appreciate your warm thoughts and always wishing me well in spite of what is going on in your life. I am glad when I hear from you whenever you can pop in. I know that you have been having some issues with the site and getting popped of it. I am hoping that things that you are dealing with and turn around soon. Pain is still an issue for me, but one good thing I am able to sleep once the pain subsides enough to let me go to sleep. Many times I just push through it and try to do a little of what needs to be done at home. I will just push through it and take breaks in between housework.

You are right the Zucchini is amazing. I have never grown one that big. It is a wonder that you did not hear me scream to my boys to come outside when I glimpsed it as I was coming up my front steps. It was funny after I though about it. One of my neighbors thought I saw a snake. I told him if that were the case I would be screaming until now. @hopefaith and everyone else, hope you all have a blessed day and a wonderful weekend. I will keep my fingers crossed :fingersx: for a pain free weekend for all!! :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
That zuke would feed an army!!! Wow!!! Time for some creative recipes!
 
@Jamie, it certainly would and all recipes welcome. I like them breaded and fried or baked, Parmesan, or grated up for Zucchini bread. I welcome any more ideas.
 
Zucchini bread is a good way to use your bounty.



Sent from my iPod touch using BoneSmart®
 
I shred them and freeze them in bags with 4 cups for winter baking. My favorite recipe is for chocolate zucchini cake with peanut butter frosting. Here is the recipe, but I use 4 cups of zukes instead of 2. Sometimes I make the cupcakes, but I've also made a frosted cake in a 9 x 13 rectangular pan.
 
@chestnc Thank you for sharing your journey 's ups and downs. I also have RA and OA. I have been concerned about TKR recovery with RA so it was good to read about your experience. Hopefully your RA will calm down soon. I admire the things you are doing even with the pain and wish you many pain free days.

Your vegetables look awesome! I just added zucchini to my grocery list. :)
 
Thank you @Minnie's knees for reading my thread. Can you tell me how long you have had RA? And what meds you have been on. You can send me a PM if you like. I also have OA in my knees and I knew that when I about 6 months before having the knee replaced. Thank you for the compliment on my vegetables. If you can get back to me about how you decide to make your Zucchini. Thank you for your well wishes and please join in again anytime. Always good to hear from new friends. May you have a blessed and pain-free day as well. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc I was diagnosed with RA 2 years ago. I had symptoms for at least 6 months before that. My Dr told me I have a very aggressive form. My mom has had RA for 35 years so I understand it well. I have been on Remicade infusions for about 18 months along with oral meds arava and plaquenil. It is pretty well controlled. However stress is a major trigger for me and this last year has been rough so I am near the highest dose for the Remicade.
 
Thanks @Minnie's knees and so sorry you have to go through this as well. At the moment I am off all RA meds. I was on the same same ones as you, but had to stop 2 weeks ago as LFT's were elevated. I am due to start a new biologic as I have been on most, but that has to wait now as well. I have to have another blood draw tomorrow and then we will see what that shows. I hope you get your date soon for your TKR :fingersx:. When I had mine done, my OS said I had RA and OA in the knee and that the knee was worse than even the x-ray showed. Also I hope you have a good day along with everyone else and a pain free one. :loveshwr::loveshwr:
 
@chestnc - Thought about you today. We did pan fried zucchini in almond flour and parmesan cheese and have extra for oven roasting with a few other vegetables in a few days. I wanted to make zucchini bread but I am trying to stay low carb and I would not eat just one piece.
 
Hi @Minnie's knees, thanks for the ideas, at the moment all I can do right now is look at it in disbelief. I know I will have to cut it up soon. Placing it in the freezer grated in measured cups seems to be a great thought :idea:. I will have to share it as well...
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, @chestnc That is some zucchini! WE call them courgettes here and they do NOT grow to that size (well, not in my experience, but others may know differently!) @Minnie's knees that sounds so good (zucchini with almond flour and parmesan) I might just try that, but will have to be with much smaller vegetable than chestnc's!!

If you're sharing don't forget us in the UK! :heehee:
 
@Judlepip, sure wish I could send you guys some. I still have not handled it yet. It is so big it still frightens :yikes: me a bit. @Minnie's knees, I have not heard of almond flour... maybe that would be in the Gluten Free isle?
 
@chestnc. Now take care you don't shy away from it for so long it rots! Take courage girl - seize the day. (And the knife)!!!!


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • Layla
    Staff member since November 20, 2017

Members online

Back
Top Bottom