TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
So glad to hear that things seem to be going well for you. Your other knee being in better shape is terrific. Hope things continue to go well for you!
 
Thank you @suzzee2000, I did not mean to leave you out of the line up, about thanks so much for checking up on me. It is so nice of you. And the rest of you guys. I hope you are doing well and feeling well. Actually I did not go into it,as it was so hectic before I left but I am away visiting friends in the Bahamas. The weather when I stepped off the plane was 91 degrees. I am so enjoying myself. This morning I was a great deal stiff. I think it was due to the flight. And it was a bumpy ride coming down the east coast yesterday with the rain and tornadoes. But made it here. Will give a full report when I get back. I am just popping in and out when I am relaxing. Going to get ready as a small group of us are going out to dinner. Will keep you guys posted.
 
If I could I would double like that post. Yes! The Bahamas and 91 - my kind of weather. Sorry the flight was thru all those storms. Take care.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Hi my friends, Let's see if i can get it right, @Nana moon 27, @Judlepip, @Ellejay,@suzzee2000, @dogwheels, @tashia, @Jozilla, @Mimi2u, woke up this morning at 4am in pain. RA pain. During the day I feel fine. It is early morning the stiffness starts. Just waiting for pain medicine to start. Will post some photos. I don't think my lap top can read the camera as the ports are not making the connection. Am enjoying time of from work and just read up on laporascopic gall bladder removal. Actually my Rheumatologist did not want me to travel prior to surgery as I may disturb the stones which at this point have not started to travel. He feels surgery needs to be done prior to me traveling. I told him I was leaving tomorrow following day Wednesday April 30th. So he just said follow the gall bladder diet. No fried greasy fat foods to trigger an attack. I know it is not a big surgery, but with any insult to my body, the RA starts to flare up. The literature say a week out of work. Hopefully it won't be much longer than that as I have just been out for three months and catching my breath from that. Thank goodnes I have some sick time on the books, but it goes quickly. Kneeper I am with you :cheers: .
Phooey on the gallstones!
But you know it could be worse. Everyone have a wonderful pain free week and be blessed:prayer:.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Hi my friends, hope everyone is well. The weather here in the Bahamas is still beautiful. I still wake up now with some pain in the knee. I have had to ice it for the past two nights and I have ice on it now since I woke up. I am certain it will settle down soon. Hope everyone has a great and pain-free weekend.
 
Good morning @chestnc - so jealous that you are in the Bahamas. Enjoy the break and the lovely weather.
Take it easy and have fun. Hope your knee behaves for the rest of your trip.
Take care
XX
 
Hello @chestnc I'm so glad that your weather is good. That will help no doubt with your RA a bit. I'm sorry you're in pain with your knee. I just think that is part and parcel of all this. Anyway enjoy your holiday. Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
Hi @suzzee2000, @Nana moon 27, @waitingtogarden, @tashia, @Jozilla, @Julepipe, @Ellyjay, @ dogwheels, and anu other friends I have may forgotten, Got back from The Bahamas at about 12:15am. So tired could not even put my head down. I have a doctor's appt. that is a must with the surgeon for the gall bladder removal business. I had tons of fun in the Bahamas, but am over tired. I have been posting here and dozing. After the appt. I will be going to work. Will keep you guys posted in what is the suggested. I ill also be posting a few photos as well. Hope everyone has a painfree rest of the week and hugs to you all for thinking about me. Going to try to get a few hours shut eye as I am beyond tired. :yawn: :zzz::yawn: :sleep:
 
Hope your appointment goes well. Will keep you in my prayers!
 
Hi @chestnc

I'm so glad you're back. Im so sorry I'm on the next caravan site up and the weather is deteriorating. I need to get be pack. It's freezing cold and windy and about to rain x x x x I'm back in Sunday night late x x x
 
@Jozilla, thank you so much. You see the power of prayer and good thoughts. @Nana moon 27, @tashia, @suzzee2000, @Ellejay, @dogwheels, @Juldepip, @waitingtogarden, I was in and out of the doctor's office and he said he understands my Rheumatologists' concerns but he said there is no need for me to have the gall bladder removed since I am having no symptoms and no pain. Thank goodness for that much. One less thing to worry about. My Rheumatologist did not want me to fly even. Supposed I had cancelled my trip. Though I just prayed that all would be well. The small island in the Bahamas that I go to has no hospital. One is just now being built.

Would You believe that I met a woman on an elevator in the new administration building who jus because I took the elevator down we started talking and she told me they were looking to educate young folks who dropped out of school and adults looking to go back to school. I told her I was looking to teach nursing , nurses aides or LPN's. She said I as just the person that they could use. I told her I would have to do it when I took vacation and it would need to be set up ahead of time I have 5 weeks a year. The building for the hospital is not ready yet. We shall see. God sometimes places things in your path because it is for you. The only reason I took the elevator was because I did not want to take the stairs as my knee was bothering me a bit. See where knee got me. I am also looking and have been applying to jobs for teaching nursing online. That field is a toughy to get into.

I enjoyed my trip, but for some reason I really missed the comfort of my own home, my own family and friends here in New York. Though I was sad to see to leave my Bahamian friends, I as glad to see the boys here. I brought back some conch salad (native dish) and I brought back some homemade coconut bread, and cheese danish that is so good, from "Das best bakery"
It is so so delicious especially the fresh baked coconut bread (2 loaves and small individual pound cake - tiny pound cake and 2 cheese danish. Oh my goodness. I so am enjoying. I will take some to work when I go tomorrow. The beach pristine. I promise will post some photos. Am winding down now.. Stepped into a flood late last night in basement here sewage was backing up. I called my good friend and co-worker who came with the plumber and machine to snake everything out. He came tonight after work and that is what we were doing for the past couple of hours as cleaning while my friend and plumber were clearing the line.

Nana moon, I certainly hope the rain does not put too much of a damper ( No pun intended). Hopefully there will be some breaks of sun:SUNsmile:shine Enjoy yourselves, and tell hubby no looking for glasses either.. :egypdance:

Also a weird thing happened this morning. I went to the doctor's office and on my ay back I started to feel very light headed and dizzy. I as supposed to go from appt. to work. Well I felt my driving was not up to par and I could not focus so I came home and said I would lie down for 15 minutes to sleep and regroup. I woke up it was 12:30pm an hour later. I still felt weak and dizzy so I called work and told them I had an emergency that I would not be in. I ended up sleeping until almost 7pm tonight. Next thing I knew the plumber and my friend were both here. Anyway will rest tonight and will go in tomorrow. I am sure if I had been I had go in I would not have been able to function completely. Will post more later, Everyone please have a peaceful pain-free week. :console2: :tada:
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Wow what a great post! Good news all around. What a great thing to be able to teach nursing! I got the shivers reading about the elevator! Your guardian angel is all around you! Get some rest and I hope you feel better today! Xoxo JoAnne
 
Hi @chestnc - pleased you enjoyed your break. Those foods that you brought back sound so yummy! Even more pleased no further action is necessary at the moment for your gall bladder.
Yuk - poor you with having to pump out ...... good job you have good friends.
As for the possibility of teaching - as you know He moves in mysterious ways .......
Take care
Xxxx



Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart®
 
Hi @chestnc you will make an excellent teacher. It always works well when you teach the subject that you are most experienced in. In Your case nursing, in mine it was Childcare. I never ever foresaw myself teaching, yet the opportunity came for me like it has for you, completely out of the blue. I got my degree at 50, my dad and husband came to my graduation ceremony. It meant so much to my dad as his grandad was a head teacher down South somewhere. His proud face on my graduation pics is priceless. Opportunities like this do not come around every day and they are sent for a reason. Yes that was most certainly a prayer answered for you so please good luck with that. I'm freezing here I need to go now. Catch you soon and great news. I am so very pleased for you x x x Love Nana moon 27 xxx
 
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
@Nana moon 27, @Jozilla, @dogwheels, @suzzee, @waitingtogarden, @Judlepip, and friends. Photos from Abaco, Bahamas. My girlfriend and myself. Me on left. Below a coconut tree on the beach. My girl friend has a big one in her back yard.We enjoyed drinking fresh coconut juice. Below are one of many beaches on the island. This is Abaco Beach resort. Had a great time but knee was acting up a bit in the Bahamas. I don't know why.
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
[Bonesmart.org] TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA
 
Beautiful pics!
 
Thank you so much @Jozilla and @kneeper. Also want to take time to wish everyone a Happy Mother's Day including those of you in the UK who have already celebrated.
 
Thank you! Happy Mother's Day to you and all the mom's reading this. May you have a blessed day!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom