TKR TKR 10/23/2013 - Recovery with RA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello @chestnc. I'm so sorry to read you are in pain. Just a quick one to let you know I'm thinking of you. I've not long got in from a three hour journey home. Will post properly tomorrow x Love Nana moon 27 xoxo:flwrysmile:
 
@Nana moon 27, you were missed, yes even from afar. Limericks is not the same without you:loll:. Hope all is well with you and that you enjoyed your get away. Hope you will have some photos going on in your thread. I am better, but knee still sore. Hope your knee is doing okay. Will catch up with you in your thread. Welcome back!!
 
Last edited by a moderator:
@dogwheels and @Jozilla, Thank you guys for your good well wishes. Yeah RA is exactly as you said dogwheels, not one size fits all. And what works for some may not work for others. I was able to schedule my abdominal sonogram for tomorrow morning. Yes the facility does them on Saturday. I really don't think that there is anything with my liver, but if my Rheumatologist wants to check my insides I am okay with it. I know my liver gets a beating with all the meds I am on. o far it has been like the Duracell battery Bunny. It takes a lickin' and just keeps on tickin'. I will keep you guys posted. Thank you so much for the support. @Jozilla, I wish I did not have to know about RA, but with having it and dealing with it so long, information just happens to come out when I am speaking or chatting with folks. All I can say now is TGIF. I thought I would not make it through the week, but by the grace of God and the support of good folks such as yourselves on this board, forum advisors (kneeper who checks up on me Thank you), and moderators I am able to come home, relax in bed with my leg elevated with an :ice: ice pack on my knee, I am getting through each day. Take care everyone and have a great weekend. :thumb:
 
Think about the islands! Costs Rica Belize Bahamas. Caribbean blue always makes me feel better. Hope you have a restful pain free weekend.


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Kneeper, you are so blessed to be able to be controlled with DMArds alone.
Yes, I am. I had some that didn't work well over the years but the mix of Plaquenil & Methotrexate seems to be doing the job. My sed rate etc. has been good. My energy level is not great. I could nap and the drop of a hat and am wiped out after work. But thank goodness I can work. I think it's a combo of the RA and the fibromyalgia.

Over the years they have learned so much. Back when I was a kid there wasn't much they'd give kids, so I'm sure quite a bit of the joint damage I have now is from then.

I hope everything checks out ok with your liver. You are so right that it is better to get it looked at. I'm glad your doc is alert.
 
Hi my friends,@Nana moon 27, @Jozilla, @Twiggy,@new knee in June, @ Judlepip, @dogwheels, @Tasha, @kneeper, @Ellejay, today was rather uneventful but I was on the move around my house. My mom and I had a dental appt. today and I was able to get the abdominal sono scheduled that quickly and had it done early this morning. Doctor should have report Monday. I don't think there is anything wrong, :tada: but I am glad the doctor is checking out every angle. My mom's home attendant for this weekend was with my mom so we all went to the dentist and then they both came home with me. I left them in the house to run an errand and when I got back the home attendant had my mom eating soup and she (home attendant her name is Pachence) was ironing my uniforms :wow:. She is a God sent to me and my mom. :prayer:Whenever she is here she just busies herself with whatever she can do to help me. The past several weekends I have felt like doing nothing and was uncomfortable in pain. You guys know how . She cleaned my bathroom in my bedroom, mopped the hallway and cleaned out the front entrance when she was here last weekend. And instructed us not to mess anything up as she would be back this weekend. She takes total care of my mom in addition to helping me in the house. She does the same thing when she is at my mom and step-father's house. Today she cleaned my refrigerator from top to bottom. Everything out shelves cleaned. She tidied up the kitchen, she cleaned the main bathroom from top to bottom. She is a God send :thumb:. She will spend the night here and says has more projects to tackle tomorrow if we don't go to church.

I was tired went we came home from the dentist, but I cooked fish and we had late lunch and then I had to lie down and my back was killing me. When I woke up I felt a bit better and was able to navigate and do some laundry and do a little bit in my room. She folded up all my younger sons clothes and brought them to him for put away..(I don't want her to spoil the boy) Pachence is a definite keeper and she has lots of patience that's for certain. She has been with us for a few years and she is like part of the family. She also came to my house to help me my first day post-op from RTKR, spent the night, too the second day off and did not leave me until that 2nd evening.This is a little off track but earlier last year my stepfather fell and Pachence took off a week from work vacation to care for him. Like I say blessing in disguise.

I was due to go out with friends, but when I got up I was so stiff and back was still aching a bit. When I looked outside it was pouring. So just as well to stay home and get my house in order. My girlfriend understands how I feel when the weather is like this :blackcloud::sad::boohoo:... I sorted socks and darned two pair. I have not done this in years. Wishing everyone a wonderful week.
 
I'm so sorry your RA is causing you problems, it's bad enough just recovering from the TKR!
Pachence really does sound a Godsend, I'm so pleased that with all your troubles you have someone like her in your life, you certainly deserve her, she sounds wonderful. My brother, sister and I are soon going to have to choose a carer for my Dad, he will be 91 next month. He is getting more and more confused, isn't taking his medications properly and is just finding everyday life very difficult. I have inherited my knees from him, but he never had anything done about his, so now he can't walk very far at all. He doesn't want to go into a home, and really he doesn't need to, we just need someone who will go into him morning and evenings to help out and check that everything is OK. He already has a hot lunch delivered everyday. The main problem is that two years ago he decided he was lonely and moved his 'partner'' in for company and to share the bills. She now has severe dementia, is no company at all to him, cannot do a thing around the house so he cares for her!!! She is fine physically, but can't even make a cup of tea, she forgets what she is about to do the minute she enters a new room. The first thing we need to do is to make her family move her out, but my Dad won't do it :gaah:
And we think our children cause us worry!
 
Hi @chestnc. Your Pachence is truly heaven sent. Your faith and your beliefs have been rewarded by sending you this wonderful lady. She is one in a million. You deserve this help, you work hard (nursing is hard work and people often take it for granted!) you look after your mom and your family, you are so caring and yes you've been rewarded. I'm so happy for you. I hope all is ok with the scan and your RA settles down real soon. Take care and I'll chat/limerick later love Nana moon 27 xoxoxoxo
 
Thank you @Nana moon 27, always glad to hear from you and all the rest of the good folks here. I tell you last night Pachence was still working in the kitchen cleaning until 9pm. Pachence gets to things in my house that I am unable to get to because of pain or tiredness. Some days I don't know how I am going to even get to work because I am in so much pain (most time RA pain, sometimes that triggers RTKR pain), and I just try to do it because there may be other days, and there are that are worse. My house feels good now or should I say better :wow:. She has a knack for organization and as she is doing work around my house she is singing, humming, and taking care of Mama and getting her up every so often to dance with her and walk her around the house to keep her moving. Yes Nana Moon, I know I have been blessed and God and my husband are looking over us here. Will chat more later.
 
Hi @Ellejay, I am so sorry you are dealing with similar issues with your Dad. God bless him at 91 years old. My mom is 82. And we/me have been dealing with this Alzheimer's for the past maybe 7-8 years. Was really bad when she used to wonder off from home. I thought I was going to loose my mind when she wandered left a YMCA before the stepfather got there to pick her up and was lost in a rain storm for a day and a half. She was found the next day because she sat on a couples stoop that resembled her home 12 miles away. She was drenched when they found her. We had a monitor like a lojack placed on her after that. I have no siblings so it's me making the major decisions and the stepfather has to have some say. As far as her care goes all the arranging is on me. I have a stepsister who works during the day caring for her father and mostly my mom and we work out doctors appt.s etc. She also takes her to a day program Mon-Friday, picks her up gives her complete am and PM care as like your dad's partner, my mom can do nothing for herself except feed herself and she can till walk. Thank God for that. Ellejay, my prays are with you. I so agree..
And we think our children cause us worry!
I guess we did not know when we had it good. I never would have dreamed my mother and I would be reversing roles at this stage of the game. Good luck with all you are going through.Please keep me posted.

So when many of us are having a TKR or THR, many fail to see that we are dealing with so many other issues. Then add work and adult children to the mix. Good combination for running straight to the looney bin.:yikes: :bolt:
 
@chestnc
Just checking in on you :) I had to live with my Mother for 3 weeks, she also would
Wander:yikes: For 3 weeks I lived with her, I couldn't go anywhere. Not even home to my
Family:cry:Every time I tried to get home care set up, she would be hospitalized. Then
I would have to start all over again:shrug:It was a very dark time in my life:bricks:
She had Chirrosis (sp) & it affected her mind. I was also an only child ( my brother &
Sister had passed) The worst part was, I called her brother & his wife for help. I was
Told my Uncle had Cancer & wouldn't be able to help me.
Everything fell on me....such a bad time in my life:blackcloud:
Anyway,
I hope you are feeling better, this weather is for the ducks:rotfl:
Thinking of you:friends:
Diana:flwrysmile:
 
Hi @chestnc

I though I'd pop across to your thread and find out how you are? I hope everything is okay with you. You know you can inbox me if you don't want to post publicly.

Love Nana moon 27 xxxxx
 
Hi @nana Noon27, @Jozilla, @Ellejay, @dogwheels ,@new knee in June, @dogwheels, @kneeper, I am okay. I have been busy running here and there and going to work. I am out of town at the moment on vacation visiting friends. Left yesterday and had to get things together with my mom and caretakers before I left. Will go into that more, later on. I had an abdominal sonogram and have cholecystitis, and many gall stones in the gall bladder, and need to have my gall bladder removed before the gall stones start acting up, and causing a problem. I don't have any pain at the time, but I do have an appointment with the surgeon on Wednesday. I will write more a little later. Hope all is well with you guys.
 
(((((((((((((BIG-HUG))))))))))))) So sorry to read your problems and sad times with your mama! Just wanted to stop in and say hello....trying to check on everyone! Enjoy your little time away you sure do deserve it!
Hang in there!
 
Hello @chestnc - just been having a quick catch up on your thread. Hope today has been a bit easier for you.
So sorry about the gall bladder diagnosis - but hopefully, as you say, by dealing with it proactively it will save you pain and suffering further down the line.
Pachence sounds a wonderful caring lady, she must be such a blessing and help to you all. I am just so thankful that although my Mum is not very mobile and a little frail in body, she is bright and perky and fine in every other way. She has her own 2 bedroomed flat that is very 'user friendly' ,in a private elderly persons development. I moved her there after a very bad fall 2 years ago and she hasn't looked back.
Take care of yourself @chestnc - you're in my thoughts and prayers.
X
 
Keep us updated. I am thinking of you! Xoxo JoAnne


RTKR - 9th December, 2013
 
Oh @chestnc, I. So sorry to read you're not well. So Im sending you a massive hug from over the pond and some positive thoughts. God bless you. You enjoy your mini vacation and enjoy your time with friends. I'm glad your not in pain tonight.

I may be away Wednesday but I'll walk up to the next site and poach their wifi again and check you out x x x good luck. Hope all goes well when you meet the surgeon.

Take care love Nana moon 27 xxxx
 
Thanks @Jozilla and @dogwheels, thank you guys so much for your thoughts and prayers. @dogwheels, I think that is the best thing for your Mom. It is great that she is able to be in a development such as that which is elderly friendly. We each have to do what we have to do for our parents and hope that our children will do the same for us.
 
Phooey on the gallstones! Hugs.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom