Hi everyone, its 6 weeks today since I had my op, and although it seemed an age away six weeks back, the time has gone quite quick.
I see the surgeon on Friday, so will update you on how it goes, I'm hoping he will lift restrictions and clear me to drive.
I walking much better now, only using the cane when my leg gets tired but I'm getting better all the time.
So, from someone who was scared of this and put it off for nearly 10 years, I can say that:
Its nowhere nearly as bad as I thought.
The improvement regarding pain and mobility is so worth it.
Post op pain was for me, was minimal.
Surgical stockings are not nice.
I learnt to appreciate the little things in life, like being able to get in my car and go for a drive, being able to enjoy a hot bath, even the routine of having to go to work, I have missed these and many other things while recovering and under restrictions.
Its so great to be able to walk without pain.
This group is a great source of support and information, thanks to all.
I will update you after seeing the surgeon on Friday. My other hip will need doing at some point, so I will be sticking around.