THR Timo50 Recovery

@Layla thank you, you too.

Not much to report at 2 months, except that everything seems to be getting easier, like getting in and out of the car, climbing stairs, picking things off the floor, etc.
The swelling on my hip has gone down a bit more, so hopefully, that's sorting itself out as well.
We are going on a long weekend break next week, last time we went last year, I struggled with walking and was in a lot of pain, its going to be so much better this time. Have a great weekend all.
 
@Timo50 I am glad that you are recovering so well. I’m sure that you, like @Lynne54 and I, the other two who had THRs on March 23, are grateful for all of the support received in this forum. i think having it has made the journey less arduous. Enjoy!
 
Morning all.

Just coming up to 11 weeks so thought I'd update.

We went away for the (UK) long weekend, and did a lot of walking, I'm stunned at how different it was from when we visited the same place last year, walking all day was easy, no pain, my partner even commented that she couldn't keep up. Last year, it was very different, walking with a stick, limping, lots of pain meds, so I'm very happy.

Coming up to 11 weeks PO, all going well, I'm planning to return to cycling now, I have been using a stationary bike for the last few weeks, so it should be ok.

Still have a few niggles, the swelling in my hip still hasn't gone fully, which makes driving uncomfortable, but it is slowly going down. I also started sleeping on my side again, but I think I prefer back sleeping now. Overall, I still see small improvements each week, I haven't attempted putting socks on (still using the sock aid) and tieing shoes yet, but will start gradually building up to that at 12 weeks.

Take care all.
 
Hi @Timo50
Loved hearing how well you are doing and sharing the difference between now and a year ago...:egypdance:
I smiled when you mentioned your partner "complained " about how fast you walk, as I still have people comment that I walk fast!:) :-) (:
That tightness you describe that causes some issues with reaching your feet and also the uncomfortableness with driving/riding any real distance are also familiar experiences to my recovery... and will continue to improve.

Hope you have a Happy Week!
 
Thanks for the update @Timo50 a lovely one indeed! It sounds like you made a run from the excitement and festivities of the Queens Jubilee. Quite the extravaganza, I caught a lot of it on tv. You’re doing so well in your recovery. It’s amazing how quickly we begin getting our life back after surgery. Look at all of the changes and improvements you‘re noticing already. I’m happy for you. Enjoy the week!
 
Hi all, 12 weeks post op tomorrow, all still good. I managed a motorcycle ride on Sunday and its so much more comfortable. I also managed to tie my shoes yesterday. I'm still seeing small improvements every week, but still mindful that its still early days in the grand scheme of things, so still being a bit careful. I hope everyone is doing well with their recovery.
 
It’s great to read about your progress @Timo50 . Wonderful to see the improvements week to week, and also how much better you are than at this time last year. That’s what it’s all about!
 
@Timo50 awesome update! Its good that you're still taking things easy and listening to your body, it will serve you well in the long run!
 
Happy Three Month Anniversary!
Enjoy the weekend! :SUNsmile:
@Timo50
 
Hi everyone, I hope all is well.

Coming up to almost 4 months and a slight problem with groin pain, I'm hoping its just muscle pain, I am fine when walking and weight bearing, its just when i lift my leg up to tie shoes or get out of bed, etc, Im hoping its just from overdoing things, its not getting any worse so I'll keep an eye on it. Apart from that, and a week of being ill with COVID, all is still going well. Have a great weekend, we have a heatwave here in the UK :)
 
Sorry about the groin pain but overall it looks like you are doing really well.
 
So sorry about getting Covid on top of trying to recover. I'm one day short of 5 months and still can't put my shoes on!
I managed to get on a pair of slip on sneakers a couple of weeks ago and that was a big triumph for me, other than that I'm pretty much doing everything else. I think I'm just leery of bending over too far to do the shoes because a friend of mine suffered a dislocation putting on her shoes and tying them so that's in the back of my mind. Plus it's sandal weather here so that's a good thing!!!
Still get a little groin pain now and then, I'm kind of used to all the little feelings in that area now, used to make me think something was wrong but I've learned from everyone here it's just muscles and body parts healing.
Hope you feel better soon.
 
@Timo50 You are the second person in the UK that I know has had COVID. I hope that you are feeling much better. I’m glad that you are recovering from your THR and will continue to improve during your recovery. Have a nice, although hot, rest of the summer. Have you been cleared to ride your motorbikes?
 
Ahhh, groin pain. I had that with my second THR. It continued for quite a while. It wasn't horrible but nagging and caused some nagging worries.

I had my discharge visit with my OS at around 6 months,, he wasn't too concerned and told me to come back at 12 months if it was persistent. I mention it to give you an idea of the timeline needed sometimes to heal.
I didn't need to pursue it because it was much improved by 12 months.
I still get some random little pains occasionally, not enough to consider any kind of treatment for it.
I hope yours is similar and recovers as well as mine did!
 
Last edited:

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom