Guest viewing is limited

TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to hear that everything is going so good for you. Your therapist sound great. Good luck with the recovery.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I think someone else had mentioned it in my post and you got tagged.
They did, they did!
It was great information though! Thank you.
Thanks
My pain level is a comfortable 3-4 most times and only goes up when I do my exercises.
Then you are doing far too much and too hard. You should never ever get any pain after exercising. It's unnecessary and can even be dangerous. If you are getting pain then reduce activity and rest more.
 
Good morning @Timetolive!!
Isn't recovery a wild ride????
I've been trying to catch up with the Nimbles when I can.
There have been a bunch of family medical things going on the past two weeks.
I think they are calming down with as good as can be expected results.
I am looking at two weeks from today going in for knee #2...eeeeekk!
 
Good morning @Gramanator57!. How nice to open my thread and see someone stop in. YIKES! Today is one week for me and there is NO WAY I could even fathom doing this again. :holysheep: I am sure the further I get out, it will be like everyone tells me "You will wish you had done it sooner!" Friends that have had TKR or know someone that has had it seem to think it is like having a bad cold. :blackcloud::blackcloud: I have so appreciated the people that have posted honestly about what their recovery was really like. Their stories have made me not feel like a failure at this or be scared out of my wits when something happens. I realize doctors, PAs and PTs do this all the time. This is MY first time and I have been scared, worried, extremely curious, and frustrated all rolled up into one big baby at times. This morning, I decided I need to just stay in bed and collect myself before subjecting my loving husband to my tears each morning. The pain meds have really been a struggle for me and with the addtion of the other health scares, I think things are just piling on. :bricks: BUT, THERE IS NO TURNING BACK NOW! Gotta make the best of it and move on. I do hope you have a beautiful day filled with less pain, the strenght to resist torture from PT, and the promise of a future of knee knocking fun times!

I am trying to schedule the bloodwork for the liver and kidney panels here locally so I don't have to travel so much, so soon. Today is shower day, PT comes @1:30, and a nice nap is planned somewhere in between the CPM, icing, and elelvating.

Does anyone have any experience with the Aquacells and telling if they are still waterproof? Mine seems to have gotten darker and there looks like a very small split in the under padding, although the top still looks intact.

Hope everyone has the day they envision!:angel:
 
@Timetolive
I've been so busy I feel like I haven't had time to plan for the 30th.
I had my pre-surgical appointment last week and then drove down to Connecticut to visit and help my 96 year old stepmother.
I ate a million gummy bears on the road.

No stress here!!!! Nope. None. :rotfl:

Today I pull out the notebook and start to plot and plan...for me it is calming!!

I hope your days get better and better.
I am definitely happy I had my right knee done. My left is holding me back at this point...
I know it has to be done.
You can remind me of this when its my turn to cry in December!!!!:boohoo:
 
Just checking in to see how you are doing.
Even with the many challenges I am already glad I did this!!
I had a sleepless night and of course the anxiety kicked in. Tried to read or watch TV, I have headphones so it doesn't disturb hubby, couldn't concentrate at all.
Will be 3 weeks tomorrow for me. Still very much in the very early stage of recovery.:tantrum2:
Hope all is ok. Did you call Dr about your labs?
 
Thank you all for the kindness you continue to show me. I have gotten repeat bloodwork setup for the liver and kidney panels. I will try to do that tomorrow IF both doctors have their paperwork to the lab.

After my shower, it appeared the Aquacell had moisture in it. That along with the PT's concerns about my bruising, prompted a call to the doctor. I saw the PA late this afternoon. She removed the Aquacel and said my incision looked fantastic! :loveshwr:. The knot on my thigh - she wasn't concerned about. She feels I am having a reaction (not surprised considering my sensitivites to drugs) to the Xarelto and that is why I have such excessive bruising. This bruising is behind my knee and it is VERY swollen. Swollen to the point I have a crease there now. I was worried about the skin breaking down there with the swelling and blood pooling. PA was concerned about the redness and has started me on Keflex for 14 days. I also have to lay on my stomach as much as I can to relax the crease and help it stay dry and get some of the swelling out of it. How interesting! No compression stocking until Friday. If the redness looks better - put it back on - if not, then come back to see her Thursday. As much as I have griped and complained about that stocking, after the 40 min. drive back home, the knee and leg are so swollen, I saw that the stocking was really doing its job. So that, my dear friends, that was my saga today. She also took my walker away! Said I was walking great. 1 week out!
 
@KarriB , absolutely. After 40 minutes in the car, the knee was so swollen I could not bend it and then the quad started cramping, so that walker is indeed by my side. :scaredycat: It will be easier in the house with a cane. I don't feel confident without something yet. PT comes tomorrow and I will let her evaluate and take her expertise. PA did tell me that she had just seen a woman older than me, that was one week ahead of me - she walked in the office without a cane or walker with heels on! :doh::doh:WHAT??? Just another example - we all heal in our own time and in our own way. The swelling, bruising, and possible infection concern me more than doing without my walker. No vanity here about that!:cool:

@Thesoutherncook, thank you. Just another chapter for the story of Ralph! :old:
:old:
 
Was a big day for you today, sure you are exhausted! Good that you saw the PA and got started on the antibiotics even if there is a hint of infection they are on it!
Next car trip could you do the back seat propped against door with you leg stretched out? Might help with the swelling.
 
@Glamg1979, I will have to try that. DH also said we should bring a piece of foam to rest the foot on to absorb the shock of the bumps. I used to make wedding cakes and used foam to cushion them from the bumps.
 
I will be 7 weeks out on Thursday and I use my cane 90% of the time. No vanity here either. My first knee I was able to lose the cane pretty early, but my new knee appreciates a bit of support.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom