TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your post puts everything in perspective for me. You have become my hero with your positive attitude and strength to work through every problem that has been thrown your way. I'm glad that you had a good day and were able to get out and do the normal things in life that in the very early days seem to be that we will never be able to do again. I hope you continue to feel better every day!:flwrysmile:
 
[Bonesmart.org] Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

So true.
 
Thank you Marian. @newlybionic. That is so kind of you. I certainly don't feel as though I have a positive attitude many days! It is a struggle. I know you are going to sail through this next surgery and have a quick recovery. After all, you know what to expect and are going to have a great outcome! You are on my prayer list and covered in prayer.
 
Hi there, I sympathize with you and @KarriB with the ending of Downton!! I have the last episode recorded and have yet to watch it. Can't bear to see it go:boohoo:
I am so glad to hear your stomach is doing better! Your attitude is amazing.
We had a scary and stressful evening. My daughter's German Shepherd had to have emergency surgery for stomach torsion/bloat. She came through the surgery well and the vet is cautiously optimistic. Will have to be in the doggie hospital for 3 days. So thankful that dog pulled through, last thing my daughter needed was another loss.

Yay for you walking around the block!
 
What an awesome day! To be able to do all your "normal" things:) you brought back great memories for me with the flowers. My I used to help my father with the flower boxes for our family graves every spring. My sister now does it for his (back in MA). You have a very positive and giving spirit:)


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Thank you @Glamg1979. I hope the granddog recovers fully and is back home soon. When is the second surgery? How is the new house?

@PegGar16. Peggy, Thank you. I don't think many people tend graves anymore. Families have gotten so scattered over the years. I have to learn what my new "normal" is and embrace it. It can be frustrating at times not to be able to do what I could do before my accident, but such is life - ever evolving.

Off to the farm today. I hope everyone has a peaceful day.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Watched the Downton finale and it was really good but I was sad too.
Grand dog has had an amazing recovery per two vets and daughter brought her home today. Was told she got the dog there just in time, otherwise it would of not survived.
Second surgery is the 29th, pre op testing to be done on the 16th. Just a matter of weeks!!
 
@Glamg1979, that is wonderful news about your granddog! I am going to miss Downton Abbey! I am glad it was tied up nicely - and Edith ended up happy! Time is drawing near for your new knee! I know it is going to be a good recovery and you are going to do great! You are in my prayers.
 
@newlybionic watching Downton would be a great way to recover! My friend has a DVD collection that starts with season 1 and I'm ready to watch all over. Call the midwife will be starting soon, I enjoy that also and I know the earlier seasons are on Netflix.
 
I have a question and hopefully someone can answer it or commiserate. For the past month my hair has been coming out - a LOT. My eyelashes are also coming out. My GP told me a couple of months ago that anesthesia will cause your hair to come out a couple of months after surgery. I realize I have a lot of inflammation with the knee and diverticulitis going on for so long, but what can I do?? I am not talking about the normal hair coming out - everyone loses hair- kind of hair loss. Any ideas?
 
Hi Janis, I'm sorry to hear about the hair loss, but m afraid I don't have any answers. :console2:
 
@Timetolive Hi Janis, I'm sorry about your hair loss! As much as you've been through for one more thing to happen, but maybe this will help. Thanks to whacky hormones I've experienced quite a bit of hair loss over the past couple years. My hairdresser put me on to the Nioxin line of hair care shampoo, etc........I buy it from Amazon. It's pricy, but it's helped me considerably. The other thing I started doing was taking biotin and that's available where they sell vitamins and all the supplements. I take the 5,000 mg. pill once a day. Between the two, my hair loss stopped. I'm not back to where I once was, but it's close. I hope this is of some help.

Kelly
 
I also experienced this too. It has slowed down as time goes by. I never mentioned it to anybody before. I don't use a dryer or any type of hairspray on my hair but I did make sure I have a quality shampoo and conditioner from my hair dresser. I also don't wash it every day. I'm not sure if that what has slowed it down or just being further out from the surgery. I guess I'll find out soon. :heehee:
 
Could be due to stress Janis, you have definitely had more than your fair share in the past few months. I had this happen too and found out I was hypothyroid. Have you had your thyroid hormone levels checked lately? Once on synthroid the hair loss stopped but of course I didn't lose any weight.
 
@Glamg1979 may have hit the nail on the head. I did lose some hair and It didn't grow very fast either before my Hashimoto diagnosis. I also didn't have moons on my nails and had very little energy. I remember that I had lost 80lbs right before the diagnosis and the endocrinologist was shocked I had been able to lose weight. It wasn't easy, I didn't eat anything besides eggs, grapefruit and rode 10 miles a day on a bike. A person can only do that for so long.
 
Thanks Celle, Kelly, Carolina Writer, Marian , Glamg , and Karri . The last time I had my thyroid levels checked they were normal I sometimes wished they weren't so I could miraculously lose weight! :nah: Dr. Google shows that this is a common thing after anesthesia with many stories of it. Just another side effect I will chalk up to Ralph's Rambunctious Revelry! Ha! I should rename my thread that. :loll: On a serious note, I am sorry this happened to each of you. I have always had very thick wavy hair, so it is a new thing for me to think about hairstyles for thinning hair! I guess there will be no need for the flat iron - I will need to get out my curling iron for a "pouffy" hairstyle to hide the thin hair. :scaredycat: If I had the face shape for it, I would cut it all off like Karri. I am afraid it would not be as flattering on me. Karri - 80 lbs - WOW! I once lost over 100 lbs. but life and my emotional eating fixed part of that. Still down 50 lbs, but would love to lose that again for Ralph's healing and longevity.

The insurance has approved the TENS unit. It comes with a knee garment (?) that you fasten around your knee and hook the electrodes to that. In the price there are also monthly shipments of batteries and electrodes, along with wires for 12 months. I tried to explain that my thigh is very large and with the swelling, it is HUGE - HUGER than Josephine's HUGE swelling photo. I doubt the knee thing will fit around it, but they said I could return that if it doesn't work out. Then, I would just use the electrodes directly on the knee. This should be interesting! I love gadgets!! Hmmmmm.....wonder what I can shock with it? :bolt:

O.K., that is enough playing with the emoticons. They at least can add the emotion that is lacking in the flatness of the typed word. I bid you all a good night filled with restful sleep and dreams of supple knees bending to kneel on the coolness of green grass in the Spring.
 
I wear my hair just like @KarriB and I need to lose 50lbs! I love it, wash and dry!
Good job to you and KarrI on your significant weight loss. Since I have had hashimotos I don't think I even have a metabolism :heehee:. I had a personal trainer for 9 months and did weight watchers and lost 6 lbs. Then I did Wheat Belly for over a year and again only lost 6 lbs! Really discouraging. Concentrating on knees now and will worry about weight later.
 
I put the electrodes directly on my knee. Haven't heard of the knee wrap thing. I would say your hair loss is from stress. Stress can play havick on your body.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom