Guest viewing is limited

TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awwww, thanks guys. You know how to make a gal feel loved. While I was at the grocery store (with 5 gazillion other people who heard the SNOW word) I spoke with the pharmacist. He suggested perhaps another round of the Keflex for the diverticulitis. I called the gastroenterologist and spoke with the nurse, so I guess I will hear tomorrow. Tylenol is not really helping the pain. But guess what!!?????!?!?!?!?!??? I don't have diarrhea! Hahahaha! Sorry, too much TMI, but goodness knows it has been a struggle. Not sure if I would rather have it or the pain! :chuckmarch:

@Celle, how interesting about the beagle training facility! Charlie's fence should be finished tomorrow. I can't wait to see him run! The prednisone had been helping the knee's swelling and definitely the pain in the one area I had been experiencing. Thank you.
 
The potassium pill story...I had so much saline running through me and was eating so little that my potassium levels were dangerously low four or five days after surgery. I was in transition care and the house dr came in prescribing two potassium pills until my levels came up. Have you ever seen a potassium pill? A horse couldn't get it down. I tried and gagged up the first pill. My parents were visiting and I got yelled at (yes I was 57 years old) for not being able to take a pill. So I called the cafeteria and ordered three bananas for dinner, I only ate two. The next day my potassium levels were too high! Natural is always better than pills.

Sorry you're having pain, but not running to the bathroom is good!
 
@Glamg1979, I don't always find the positive! My daughter reminds me when I am getting negative. It is easy to do when things don't go well. No word yet from the doctor. I spoke too soon about the :chuckmarch:. :bawl::bawl: Long night for sure. Having some blood, so it is definitely inflammed. :bricks:

On a more positive note (thanks for reminding me!) Charlie's fence should be finished or finished enough for him to run in tonight! GiGi has gotten sick now. She is our special needs cat (with asthma) and has had diarrhea (maybe she I stressed over Charlie??) for two days. She is still drinking and peeing, so not dehydrated. Poor baby. There you go - one thing after another... AND...how are you doing?
 
My life changed drastically today, the grandkids and my daughter moved in.
Hubby and I said goodbye to our peace and quiet :loll:for a long time to come. It is controlled chaos here for awhile.
I am doing well but starting to get anxious about surgery next month. Can't believe I have to start all over again, but I am definitely not alone here.
Uh-oh sorry to hear :chuckmarch:you know who is back! If it ain't one thing its another. Thank goodness for this group!
 
@Glamg1979, OH MY! That is a drastic change! How many grands? How old? Does your daughter work? Will she be able to help you after surgery? This could be a good thing??? Your daughter could help you unpack and get settled! I don't think I could do this again. I really don't. You are a brave woman. You are in my prayers.
 
I obviously would second what @macduff387 is suggesting in terms of looking for an alternative medicine to all the drugs. Acupuncture won't get rid of your diverticula disease but it's fab at dealing with the symptoms on an ongoing basis.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I've read of some people on BS getting a lymphatic massage to help with swelling also.
 
@Janis , So sorry you've been having such a tough time. Does your gastro doc have you on a diet for it? When I was in my forties I had a complete hysterectomy due to endometriosis. They also removed 2 sections of my intestines & my appendix. I need to be careful of what I eat ever since. Cannot tolerate dairy,anything spicy and a few other wierd things. It's something I've learned to live with, as I'm sure you've done with your issues. Took them s couple of years to figure out the dairy issue, they were ready to remove my gallbladder, which was fine ! Hope Charlie is being a good boy for you. I would suggest keeping an eye on him when he's out in the yard for awhile.My beagles have often tried to tunnel out under the fence! My husband finally had to bury 4 x4s around the whole inside perimeter of our yard. Hope your cat Gigi is feeling better too!
 
:roseshwr:Happy Valentine's Day! :roseshwr:

Charlie has enjoyed his new fence and has smelled every single blade of grass in the yard! :dogsniff:
We took GiGi to the vet yesterday. She had started throwing up and was having bloody diarrhea. She had no fever or elevated white blood cells, so the vet thinks perhaps it was gastritis from eating some of Charlie's treats or food. GiGi is in a very controlled environment because of her asthma and food can be a trigger for asthma, so we don't give her anything but her special cat food. She received subcutaneous fluids, a shot for vomiting and we have pills for the gastritis. GiGi is feeling better today thankfully. :catbutterfly:

My diverticulitis seems better - no diarrhea and the pain is not severe. I can live with mild pain. Ralph is feeling his oats still. I have been using the Voltaren gel. The verdict is still out. The Saran Wrap is still a lifesaver at night.

That's all from my little patch of Earth. The household is filled with love and that is what matters. This all shall pass and we will be standing on the porch happily waving goodbye to it all!:wave::wave:
 
I'm glad the diverticulitis is settling down.
I hope that Gigi continues to feel better, too.
 
Hi Janis, Happy Valentines Day to you too!
Sounds like the beagle is getting more comfortable. Bet he is a sweet little fella'
I was happy to read your pain has become less severe and tolerable. Hoping soon it will be a thing of the past.
My daughter's children are 5 and 2 and both have special needs, between the two kids they have 4 therapy sessions/week. Hard to work with two little ones, all of paycheck would go to daycare. But her estranged husband is helping her financially and she is getting food stamps.
Daughter has already been a huge help unpacking and cooking!! Such a relief because I was getting sick of take out.
Daughter is a paramedic and will be incredibly helpful during second surgery and rehab. Best part is she loves to do housework!!
 
Glad Charlie got out and about and GiGi has some meds. And...you're feeling a bit better! :flwrysmile:
 
I'm glad both you and GiGi are feeling better. It's great that Charlie got to go out and run around. I wish you were closer then I could bring one of my girls over to meet him. I have a perfect dog to make friends. The other two are ok too but one is a perfect lady.
 
Thanks everyone for the well wishes.

@newlybionic, Marian, it would be great to have a little playmate for Charlie. He is still so timid, perhaps another dog would help him. Our good friends have a VERY large German Shepherd and I think Charlie would really be afraid then!

I hit the incision in the middle of the kneecap on a sharp corner today and it hurt so badly I saw stars...:yikes: Not sure why as my incision is very well healed and has very little "ridge" under it. Not something I want to ever do again. I was hoping it was getting close to the time to start putting some weight on it with kneeling. When IS the time to start on a pillow?
 
I was hoping it was getting close to the time to start putting some weight on it with kneeling. When IS the time to start on a pillow?
You can start any time from now on that you feel brave enough. I'd let the soreness settle down first, though.

Make sure that you start on something really soft, like the bed. Get used to the feeling for a while (as long as a month, or even more, if you want to) and then progress to a pillow or cushion on the floor, then try on carpet. I still find kneeling on hard surfaces quite uncomfortable, but I can do it if necessary.

I'm glad I taught myself to kneel. About a year ago, I had to kneel on our driveway at two in the morning, to turn off the water toby (stop cock) that gives us our water supply. I had a large leak in the kitchen, which was flooding and my husband wasn't home. The water damage was bad enough, but it would have been so much worse if the water had kept on running.
 
Thanks @Celle ! I am so anxious to be able to kneel and get in the lower cabinets, scrub behind the toilet, weed the flower beds, just ANYTHING I haven't been able to do in so long! It is coming up on seven years since my accident and I think about how life should be and how I have compensated for the pain. My "normal" may not be everyone else's, but by golly, I own it! Hahahaha! What a mess that water leak must have been. Amazing what we can do when we HAVE to. The knee has a little swollen spot where I hit it, but not terribly painful now. It was almost like I hit a nerve or something. A real WOWZER!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

  • benne68
    Staff member since February 4, 2022

Members online

Back
Top Bottom