TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so very happy for you!! That is great news. Hopefully you will be getting stronger every day from here on out. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas. :merry christmas::nativity::treestar:
 
That's great it's not c-diff. Happy to hear you got out for errands and stuff. Hopefully everything will start heading in the right direction for you.

Merry Christmas


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
I'm so happy you're beginning to feel well enough to venture out on errands. Yes, icing and elevating come along with outside adventures! Little steps forward...



:candle::merry christmas::candle:
 
Merry Christmas Eve! Thank you all for the well wishes, good thoughts, and prayers. They do a body good.

Last night I slept for the first time without a pillow supporting the knee. I am a side sleeper and a restless sleeper, so moving a pillow every time I turned over was a bother. I know my husband was glad, although he has never complained - at all throughout this interesting journey we have been on. Today we are finishing up our cleaning, attending church this evening, then looking at Christmas lights. My wish for each of you is that your Christmas is blessed with love, family, good friends, less pain, and peace.
 
Merry Christmas to all the wonderful people that share a common journey and support each other along the way. It is the end of the festivities and I am tired. Who knew sitting at a dining room table for several hours chatting could make your knee and ankle swell so much? God bless my daughter for all her help!

I hope everyone had a nice day and can rest tonight! I hope to! God bless you all.

:nativity::treestar:
 
Merry Christmas! I'm so glad you had a good day! Ralph can rest next week when it is quiet. We've had a busy but fun few days and will head home to the mtns tomorrow ( Sat ) Buddy is holding up well, but we are just plain old tired! :wink: Hugs!
 
Happy Boxing Day to all that celebrate it! I celebrated my own "Boxing Day" by boxing up and putting away the china and good servings platters. :heehee:

We had a blessed Christmas and go forth this week with love in our hearts and a renewed feeling of family. The empty chairs at our table remind us of the importance of letting the ones you love and cherish how important they are to you.

Ralph is a little swollen and sore today. I am taking very little Tylenol since I am still suffering the effects of the diverticulitis. I am trying to not put anything other than my 81mg aspirin and the Florastor probiotic in my stomach to settle it down. Thank goodness the nausea is gone. I wish this would stop so I can get about my day sooner than lunchtime! Ice and heat are Ralph's new friends. :console2:

Enjoy the rest of your day. I think a nap is in order here in balmy NC!
 
Janis I'm glad that you were able to celebrate Christmas with your family. There is nothing like family coming together to replenish us both physically and mentally. I hope you continue your recovery without anymore stops and turns along the way.
 
Janis so glad you had a wonderful Christmas too. Ha ha I also spent the day packing away dinner service and platters. I can't believe we used so many dishes, At least most of it went into the dishwasher and my daughter did the rest. I too had no inclination to do much today, so I only got out of bed at 12 and then did little stuff here and there. It's such good news as well that the nausea has left you alone I think that's one of the worst feelings.
Take care have a great week and I hope Ralph behaves. :fingersx: :thumb:
 
Janis how are you doing today? I hope you are feeling a little better and not having too many visits from the poop fairy. Remember those times when we couldn't find her? Hopefully she will go visit someone else today.
 
Good Sunday morning. Once again, the intestinal issues are keeping me home from church. It seems to be lunch time before I can stop going to the bathroom.

I was more active yesterday and boy was Ralph unhappy last night. I iced quite a bit yesterday, but that seemed for naught when I was lying in bed and still. Funny how that happens isn't it? Perhaps if the swelling would go down in the knee things would improve.

When you started to drive, did you have to have permission from your OS or PT, or did you just start driving when you felt it safe? I would really like to start driving to work at least, then my husband can enjoy some alone time. I am trying to build my stamina back up - although two weeks of diarrhea really takes a toll on you. My hair is falling out now. Bummer. We are going to drive around the neighborhood today and see how that goes. I just wondered if you had to have a release so your insurance would be ok in case something happens.

May you have a lovely day filled with thankfulness and grace.
 
I started driving when I could sit comfortably in the vehicle and was off narcotics during the day. My surgery was on my left knee so that made it easier to start driving sooner.
 
@Timetolive Hi Janis, so nice to hear you had such a nice Christmas. I started driving once I was off of my narcotics (about a week ago). I didn't need any release from the dr. He told me in office I was able to drive once I felt ready and off the drugs. I started close by the house and ventured out from there.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom