TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you @New England Librarian. Your post has already lifted them.

@midwest girl, I just remembered that I bought a plastic sleeve type thing that had a rubber "bladder" that fit around the elbow I used when I had my broken wrist. I got it at Walgreens. The trick to getting it on was to put a cut off leg of a pantyhose on the hand and arm first so it would slide on easier. I had just gotten home from dropping my husband off at the airport to visit his mother in Arkansas for THREE weeks, and fell UP the brick steps. I had all these grand plans of girl time and me time while he was gone. Alas, it turned into three weeks of my mother helping me - a LOT. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world now. Good luck with your surgery.
 
I really wish you would feel better soon. I did not have any bruising but have been dealing with swelling in my calf,ankle and foot. I use ice and massage to help it. The ice seems to work best. I'm sure with taking a lower dose of aspirin the bruising should go down soon.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
So happy you're feeling a bit better today and praying things are even better tomorrow. I wasn't planning on missing Thanksgiving (2nd surgery) or a wedding shower and wedding (2 hours away) I do remember feeling left out and disappointed.
It will be better next year, heck it'll be better in a week! Positive thoughts and many prayers for you.
 
@Vangheluwec, I will definitely try the ice. When do you leave for your in-laws?

@KarriB, I hope it will be better in a week! My birthday is New Year's and this is my Golden Birthday - born in 1958 and turning 58! I am not ashamed to tell my age - I have LIVED every one of those years and own them! :happydance:
 
Hang in there! Hope next week is much better!


Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Janis just checking to see how you are doing. Good to see the nausea has eased up some. You are having such a hard time and I am so sorry. My Christmas wish for you is 100% relief from the nausea and pain! Hope you have been a good girl!
Prayers continuing for you ❤
 
Thanks @AThom10731

@Glamg1979 , thank you for the prayers and good wishes! How sweet for that to be on your Christmas wish list. As far as being good.....I try, but it is a struggle every day!:good-bad:

Today, I had hoped to go to church, but alas, the Poop Fairy is kicking up her heels. The nausea is doing better - not 100%, but better and I will take ANY improvement. White Blood Count was normal!! :loveshwr: Hope that means the infection is better. Now to figure out the rest. Either I have C-Diff from the antibiotic (thinking the WBC wouldn't be normal??) or lingering side effects of the Augmentin. I sent a message to the doctor, and if I do not hear back from her, I will call in the morning. I love the electronic Chart where you can view your test results.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day.
 
I hope it's not c-diff my daughter had it and it was horrible. Glad that the nausea is doing a little better. Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day.


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hah! I love those electronic charts, too! I get a little annoyed when a doctors office doesn't have it (like my orthopedist). On the other hand, the ortho's office is quite responsive when I call.

So, sorry you have had that nausea and diarrhea on top of everything else! I'm glad is is improving, though. Are you able to drink tea? I have found chamomile, or ginger tea, are also helpful. At least Ralph is doing well!

I hope you start improving more quickly!
 
Thank you @Vangheluwec, I am soooo sorry your little one had to go through that. Even if I don't have it, diarrhea is so debilitating.

@nerdgrrl. I appreciate your concern and support.

The doctor is ordering the C-Diff test today. Our family will be at our house on Christmas Day and I don't want anyone to get sick! The nausea is much better today, although food just does not appeal to me and I can only eat a small amount before my stomach starts to feel uncomfortable. I am REALLY trying to figure out getting in my protein for Ralph.

I think I should cancel my PT for tomorrow until I am sure I don't have C-Diff. What do y'all think?
 
[QUOTE="Timetolive, post: I am REALLY trying to figure out getting in my protein ?[/QUOTE]

Have you thought about trying protein shakes. Maybe they won't be so rough on your stomach


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Hi Janis glad to hear things are starting to improve albeit slowly. I pray you will really have a Christmas miracle.
No nausea Ralph to behave and tolerable pain. Sending Lots of love.
 
:bored:Skip PT. You have plenty of time to get Ralph moving. Get the rest of your body straightened out first!
Have you tried Ensure or Boost? I had to drink a few of those. Hugs, my friend!
 
I purchase some Ensure before my surgery and they came in handy during the first couple weeks when occasionally I didn't feel like eating or when I didn't feel like fixing a meal. It seems to be easy on the stomach and has some protein.
 
Skip it if you aren't feeling better. C-diff is nothing to feel around with. How long have you been on antibiotics? My infectious disease dr was worried about c-diff when I was on two antibiotics, that's when I started a probiotic. How are you doing with the morophine?
 
@KarriB , I am off the antibiotic, Augmentin. I took it 5 days. (Remember I am ultra sensitive to medications). I have been off the morphine since last Monday. That was part of the problem - it just added to the diverticulitis, and side effects from the Augmentin. I also had an antibiotic when I had my knee surgery - Keflex. In all my reading, it appears C-Diff can happen weeks after antibiotic treatment. So, between the three things, I have REALLLLY had a terrible time with nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, chills, and sweats. I am now taking Florastor. I wish I had known to take it with the antibiotic. Which probiotic do you take? My appetite is still off and if I eat too much (more than 1/2 a sandwich or a spoonful or two of veggies) my stomach hurts. I need to lose weight, but not like this! I hope the strong aversion to sweets will some abate also. You would be amazed what tastes sweet or has a sweet aftertaste.

I did cancel PT. I am still weak from the past week, but I am doing some of my exercises and keeping Ralph moving. The protein shakes and Ensure are a great idea, although I think the morphine withdrawal has given me a strong aversion to anything sweet! Thank you all for the suggestions. I really appreciate everyone's thoughtfulness.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom