TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took Cultrelle for two years, but recently changed to Probio5 from Plexus. It has to be ordered on line and seems to be a bit stronger. When I went on 200mg of doxycycline I had real bathroom issues and couldn't be far from a restroom. This past summer the ID took it down to 100mg and it's much easier on my stomach.
 
I take the probiotic Florajen which has a high potency. I get it at a pharmacy but I know it can be purchased off their website. I think it would be beneficial for you to get on a probiotic. That's just my opinion.
 
Thanks @KarriB, there are so many probiotics it is hard to know which one to take. How long did it take for you to see results from taking it. I know I would be different because of the diverticulitis.

@midwest girl, I am taking Florastor. It is a yeast based probiotic that is supposed to survive the stomach and make it into the intestines. I chose it for the diverticulitis. It also said it was good to take with the antibiotics. I appreciate your suggestion!
 
Janis I'm so sorry this is still going on. I would skip all PT until you start to feel better. If it turns out to be c diff careful hand washing with soap and water is the best way to keep it from spreading. There is a high protein version of ensure or boost( which I think tastes better) available in different flavors. That way you wouldn't need to drink too much and still get some protein. It's about double the protein of the basic versions. They come in small bottles from a pharmacy or grocery store. I used to buy them for my mom when she couldn't keep much in. Hopefully the test will be negative. Try to rest and sleep as much as possible.
 
Glad you skipped PT. Takes a lot out of you even without dealing with your other issues. I really hate that you are having such a horrible time with all of this. Is your other knee OK or does it need replacing too? It will probably be years, if ever, before you go through the surgery again.
Pretty sure Boost is better tasting than Ensure, my daughter used to drink it to gain weight. Just the smell of Ensure makes me queasy... ugh...
Praying you are not dealing with C diff
Gerri
 
I didn't know Florastor was a probiotic. Do you always have a strong reaction to antibiotics or do you think it's the combination of everything? 200mg of doxycycline was very hard on my stomach, but not everyday. It seemed to come in waves, a couple times in a week, then I'd be ok for a few weeks. When I had to go, it was immediate, which could be difficulty in a classroom.
Hopefully now that you're done with the antibiotic and the morphine you'll see a difference.
 
@newlybionic, Thank you Marian. We will look for the high protein versions. I have washed my hands so much they are raw. I have forbidden my husband from using my bathroom or my daughter when she is over.

@Glamg1979 ,Gerri, my other knee has a torn meniscus, but it is ok. You are correct - YEARS!

@KarriB, it is just not antibiotics - ANY prescription - my husband says I am the Queen of Side Effects! I have no nausea today, so that is a great feeling!

I should hear tomorrow from the C-Diff test. Thank you all for your continued support.

:reindeer: Ralph is still moving! :treestar::merry christmas::treestar:
 
:dancing::dancing::dancing::dancing:

C-Diff was negative!

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers for a good outcome. Hopefully the stomach will settle down soon. it is not fun for sure.

I hope everyone has a day filled with thoughts of the true meaning of Christmas.
 
I am so happy to hear this news!!!!!!
I hope you get better and better and can enjoy your Christmas!
Sending joyous thoughts your way!!

:candle: :candle: :merry christmas: :candle::candle:
 
It's wonderful news that the C-Dif was negative! :santaclap: :tree: :kittychris:
 
Yahoo so happy to hear your news just in time for Christmas. Have a very blessed Christmas and I pray that your health will now have no more bumps in the road.
:yes!::flwrysmile:
 
Thank you all! What wonderful blessings poured out from all of you. My Christmas is Merry!

Today for the first time, I went somewhere other than the doctor or PT! Ralph behaved (just swelling and getting snarky), but we timed our errands with time at home to ice. It was so nice to do SOMETHING! Even though it was POURING down rain ALL day, it was marvelous! I hope everyone has pleasant dreams and a restful night.
 
It's great to hear that you had a pleasant outing! :tree: :santaclap:
You've been so patient - it's about time something went well for you.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom