TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah Janis so sorry to hear you had a dreadful day, I pray you will be able to get a good nights sleep and wake up refreshed. Sending lots of hugs.
 
Let your doctor know, Janis. It could be the antibiotic, in which case a different one might not be so unpleasant.
 
With tomorrow being Friday I'd definitely let the dr know if you aren't feeling better. A whole weekend like this is too much.
 
Thank you @KarriB and @Celle, I have an appointment in the morning with my GP. I only have 2 more of the Augmentin to take. I hope she doesn't want me to take another round!


Today is the second anniversary of my mother's death. I sure have been missing her through all of this. There is nothing like your Momma when you are sick. :bawl:
 
Are you elevating enough? I would think ankle swelling was because of leg being down too often.

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
Just back from PT and I got to 110 and 4! I am so happy with myself. This is despite all the swelling I have. I did have to stop at the end I was getting so nauseated. I sure hope this passes soon!
You are amazing

left knee 9/21/15
right knee 11/30/15
 
@Timetolive good news about your ROM. I'm sorry about your mom. Mine has been gone 3 years and I know how tough it is going through something like this and not being able to pick up the phone and talk to her. There's nothing like a mother's love.
 
Talk to her, Janis. It may give you some comfort. I feel so badly for you.
 
My Mum's been gone for 15 years now and I still find myself wishing I could ask her something, or wanting to show her something. I don't think we ever stop missing our mums, but the pain of losing them does decrease.
 
Hey, sweet friend. So sorry you're having such a rough time BUT glad you're seeing your GP tomorrow. Good plan!!! I hope you can rest tonite. Big hug coming your way! And prayers for healing and peace. :praying:
 
Janis Talk to your mom. My mom passed away a year ago in October and I asked her to intercede for me if she could. I know I did start to feel better. There is no one like your mom when you're hurting. I'm happy you see your GP tomorrow. I hope you finally start to feel better soon. We are all here for you.:flwrysmile:
 
Sorry you are having such a difficult time! This is a lot to bear, especially when we are low on patience to begin with. Hoping the sun begins to shine on you tomorrow :flwrysmile:
 
As always, I am truly blessed by the outpouring of friendship and care from all of you. The doctor felt as all of you and I did, that the diverticulitis, the antibiotic, and the morphine withdrawal were all contributing to my illness. She told me not to take the last Augmentin and wrote me a prescription for Cipro/Fla?? If I started to hurt over the weekend. I also had bloodwork done to look at the white blood cells - to check the infection. I cannot begin to tell you how badly I have felt. The nausea has been terrible and the diarrhea debilitating. I am not able to keep anything in my system. I am still having chills and sweating, which is most likely the morphine. The doctor felt this all should abate in a day or so. Sorry if this is TMI, but you all have been so kind to offer suggestions and thoughts. I can tell the morphine is out of my system because Ralph is getting crankier. I will take Tylenol when I am able to keep things down.

I do hope everyone is doing well, and please forgive me for not being supportive to all of you. Hopefully in a day or so, the nausea will be gone and I will be able to concentrate better. Love and blessings to you all.
 
Hopefully everything does clear up in the next few days. I am so sorry for everything that you are enduring at the moment. I couldn't imagine going thru the diverticulitis and the withdraw. You are one strong woman to be handling all your going thru. Sending prayers


Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom