Guest viewing is limited

TKR Timetolive's Nov 9th TKR Post -OP<<

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Timetolive I'm using a rechargeable electric razor. $20 from Walmart. I'm still on blood thinner but for my first shower tomorrow I plan on shaving - carefully. If you want to play it safe, go with the electric shaver.
 
I also got a rechargeable razor. I had problems with the adhesives on the bandages and got blisters. I don't know if it was because of the that or the stretching but my skin is still sensitive in the knee area. The electric razor works great.
 
Thanks Midwest Girl and Peggy! My Darling let me borrow one of his old electirc razors and I was able to knock the forest down some. hahahaha!

Helen, now, THAT was clever! I don't have any hair where the swelling is so bad - but I do have just a teeny tiny bit of dignity left. :tada:

Thanks gals!
 
O.K., for the ladies (or maybe some men :heehee:) : When did you feel safe enough to shave your legs? I am afraid of cutting myself with the blood thin, but :yikes::yikes: I have a forest growing!
You are to funny but I hear you I actually shaved my other leg first an then last week after they took the staples out I shaved the operated leg around the steri strip ect not to close to incision. to funny as there is a strip of long hairs now. You should be good if you are careful, I am sure others will chime in as well. :rotfl::rofsign:
 
@Timetolive I shaved mine 2 weeks after but not anywhere near the incision, it's funny how the little things make us feel so much better. I was quite lucky that I had mine waxed the week before so hair growth has been slow. @KarriB I also think it is a good idea to start to get into a routine with exercising, maybe going out or having friends around when we feel ready for this. Its a month since my TKR & yesterday was the first time I have really felt ready for this.
 
I shaved as soon as I was allowed to shower after the TKR, but no shower for 6 weeks after my infection surgery! I had quite a growth going and joked that I could braid my leg hair to the Drs. who examined my knee twice a week! What's vanity or modesty in the middle of a TKR?
 
When I was on the blood thinner I shaved asap (4 days post op) without batting an eye. I probably wasn't supposed to, but some habits are ingrained. I thought about infection and used a fresh razor, but bleeding risk never crossed my mind. I'm now shaving very, very gently across the incision scar. It's healed but the scar is still evolving and quite sensitive.
 
Well, I can see we are all a well groomed bunch! :egypdance: Yes, little things mean a lot and then again, what's a forest growing on my legs after having the bones sawed off and then a prosthetic device hammered, screwed, and glued in your leg? :heehee: Now....about getting the hair colored.......another chapter in aging....:loll:

What one thing made you feel more "normal" after surgery? Other than.....the Poop Fairy visiting! :chuckmarch::chuckmarch::rotfl::rotfl:
 
After the Poop fairy, a hot shower and then shaving my legs!! I was in a rehab center and the wonderful CNA I had wrapped my leg in a big plastic bag so I could take a shower in the shower room. It was just fantastic to wash up and get my hair washed. the leg never got wet. I was using a hand held shower head so that helped. That made me feel almost human! LOL
I had a rechargeable razor and used it 4 days after surgery. I still have a large area of numbness along the outside of my knee and across the front at the top of the shin so I still am using the rechargeable razor. I can not stand the scratchy feeling when my stubble on the back of the calf sctatch against the sheets.
 
@referee54, I am not sure I should be surprised or happy about that! :rotfl:

@webbie73, that first shower is heaven! I am glad you had a great CNA to help you with yours. I had not thought about the numb area, so a rechargeable one really would be the best option....now.....wonder how long DH will let me borrow his???? He is hooked on Harry's razors now, so perhaps......

I am a little worried. As I stay on the site more and form relationships with you all, I realize if something happens, we have no way of knowing. We haven't heard anything from Bubbles in a few days. I sure hope she is o.k. I have been praying for her daily. Does anyone know anything? She had her surgery the same day Kayak and I did and had to be rushed to the ER with multiple PEs.
 
Hi Helen. I see no noticeable improvement in the swelling and bruising. I am starting to get some bruising below the original bruising. I can't tell if the blood is FINALLY going to break up or it is just new bruising where PT handled my leg. I can tell one place is a new bruise, but not sure about the other. Still no progress on the swelling. As Eeyore would say, "oh bother..." I had a nice day overall though and happy to report that the addition of the prescribed magnesium for the kidney stones has made a big difference in the Fairy visits! :chuckmarch::rotfl::rotfl:

How are you doing? Buddy ready for his next trip? I looked at your paintings and they are magnificient! You are a very talented woman. Thanks for checking in on me!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom