Guest viewing is limited

TKR Time to Veg Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lee only early stages for you and having both done at the same time would be a lot harder. Stay in hospital as long as you need. Are you going to Rehab after? I thoroughly recommend it and it's covered by my health fund and you can come back as a day patient and it is also covered by Health Fund.

I like the peace of mind with nurses and doctors at hand and I've been having PT twice a day. Very gentle just doing a series of exercises 20 times each to start with and they don't push you at all. My ROM has gone from 85 on Monday to 92 today. They also have a pool here my OS has just given be the all clear as long as the doctor here is happy which I think she but have to wait until tomorrow to see her.

I was thinking of only staying one week but I'm seeing results and if I can get into the pool every day I will stay the two weeks I think it will give me a good start in the long run.

Heidi that's great about the stairs. That's one of the things I really want to do to be able to walk down the stairs normally. I have been walking one step at a time for years. So I'm really working on my ROM. Gently of course! :flwrysmile:
 
I'm six months out and can do most everything comfortably except go down stairs. I don't recall my first knee feeling like this at this point but when I go down the stairs at work I feel every single movement across the knee. I'm trying not to pamper it and limp but boy oh boy one of these days it just may drop me - although I hope it doesn't.
 
That's wonderful that you get out this week-end; I bet you can't wait. You are holding up well in rehab. and have a good attitude; I think I would miss home too much and be much grumpier. I think if I read correcltly, that you can go home in two weeks; that is great! Hope your mom is doing well; that is one more worry you do not need.
Keep up the good work!
 
I think I will stay until Friday week another 9 days. Yes I miss home and would rather be there :cry: but I'm not going to get the same expert help at home. I have no one much to take me to PT plus it will cost be $$ for taxi fares and I could only come here two days a week as an out patient where if I stay here I can PT twice a day and hopefully can mix that up soon with the pool. It doesn't cost me anything to stay here all covered under my health fund. I also went through a HTO seven years ago and the PT I had then didn't help me at all I lost a lot of ROM only had 90/95 so I'm trying to set myself up this time for the best outcome I can get so a little suffering in my dungeon for two weeks isn't going to kill me and it's great that you can get day leave so going to make the most of that this weekend and go home on Saturday and Sunday I have to come back at night but that's okay.
 
:flwrysmile: Hi Kathy,
I have just caught up with your posts as I have been away for a few days. So pleased you are getting on so well. Hope you have a great Mother's Day and can escape from the Dungeon!! You might remember from my post that I broke my foot on the 3rd week post op and had to stop all my PT. It hasn't made me lose my ROM and I really think that the rest, ice etc. is good for recovery and then the PT can help once the body has healed. I hope you continue to improve and can get home soon.
 
Great news Ozzy that you were still able to over come your obstacle how's the foot healing are you able to weight bear on it? I think we all learn to adapt to our recovery which ever path it takes we need lots of patience as it's going to be months before we start to feel normal again. I'm really enjoying the rest bit at the moment I'm always so busy so taking time out for just me has been good! I have plenty to keep me busy on the couch for the next 5-6 weeks. I'm behind about 3-4 holiday photo albums so that's what I will be working on when I get home and my brother has a laptop full of movies and tv series for me to watch.
 
Hi Kathy, I'm sitting here on my bed icing my leg, and reading heaps on here..
I am still hoping I can go home, I have rung a friend who has a Private Ambulance Service and he will take me home if need be, that does ease my mind as my car is pretty low and I think I would have trouble getting in and out.
I would like to be home with my husband on Mothers Day, I only have one son here now as my beautiful younger son passed away in a car accident 6 years ago, so I don't think I would cope that well being away from home, my OS has said I could go Friday so still hoping.

Your rehab sounds great with the pool, the rehab here is at the hospital but no pool.

Sleep well
Lee:friends:
 
Hi Kathy sounds like you've really overcome the dungeon demons and are definitely taking control o the situation...great work :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: having a pool there is great. I get so much out of having a swim initially it was just gentle water walking and some stretches etc but it surely did help :dancy: and being able to put that into your rehab stay is definitely worth it. :yes!: Keep up the good work you are doing well.

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Kathy Just wondering how you are doing? Thinking about you!!
 
All going well Cathy. I saw the doctor here today so she has given be the okay for the hydro pool :yay: so looking forward to that this afternoon hopefully the cozzies still fit after all this sitting around eating! :yikes: I got a 95 ROM yesterday I didn't get her to measure it this morning as it felt very tight didn't want to got backwards in my numbers :heehee: Finding the Rehab is helping so going to stay until next Friday with a pass out on Saturday and Sunday only have Rehab Saturday so will do that and BF is going to take me out for a quick lunch somewhere and then go home to see my puppy dog. Mum got home yesterday from hospital and the puppy dogs where very pleased to see her :puppysmooze: I have been watching your recovery thread and you are also doing so well all our worrying for nothing!
 
Hi Kathy! Wonderful on the hydro-pool! I have another week of in-home PT and then transition to out-patient.
I have been to this PT before, and really like them. I don't think they have a pool, but my apartment complex does as well as a hot tub. I can't wait for a bit warmer weather and being able to do some exercising in there. My ROM was 85 today, making progress all the time. Extension is 3, so getting pretty darn close to straight.
Also glad you mum is home and the dogs are happy to see her. Bet they all are happier now!

Hugs and love from sunny California! :friends: :puppysmooze:
 
Loved the hydro pool did lots of gentle exercises knee is feeling a bit tight now though resting and icing!
 
Hi Kathy...hope you have a wonderful weekend...will send some happy hugs your way as we pass through Sydney ...so glad you are now able to enjoy the comfort of the water therapy :yes!:

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
You sound like you are doing so well Kathy, and the rehab makes great sense...I'm jealous of the pool therapy! That would feel sooooo good. Have a wonderful Mother's Day!
Heidi
 
Cathy, so good to see how well you're doing. Glad you're going to get some passes to enjoy the weekend. Have a great time. You enjoy your mothers day and you too gami. I'm having a quiet day but will meet up with the kids for dinner at son's house for a three course meal. He is a chef , so cooking for the other mums during the day, but nice that he's still prepared to come home from a busy day and prepare something nice for his mum. Daughter and husband seeing her mum-in-law for breakfast, and she'll join us for dinner. Will be special. Was trying to sort out something with my mum but she says she's not feeling up to it, so will do something when she's feeling a bit better. Weather a bit miserable here in Brisbane this weekend. Hope it's nice where you are. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Thanks for the well wishes looking forward to escaping for lunch today off to a nice Indian restaurant not far from hospital hopefully the leg will hold up. I have loved the hydro pool it is so lovely and warm and so gentle on the knee the boy PT instructors going give you a few exercises and then you can do want you want in the pool so trying do a such bending as I can without over doing it. Much prefer the lady PT more structured program. Only have the one PT session over the weekend so I will have to be disciplined and do my exercises without them. I have done one set already.

I hope you all have a lovely Mother's Day on Sunday and get spoilt rotten and those knees behave themselves xx :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Kathy, just wanted to say hi and am thinking about you! Hope you had a nice lunch out and the knee behaved for you. I have not yet attempted a meal out, although by next week I might be up for it. Have a wonderful weekend and enjoy Mother's Day. My daughter and the grandkids are coming to my apartment to fix breakfast and that will be nice.

Talk soon, hugs and love to you :friends:
 
thanks Shelly. I was very tied when I got back last night and the knee was aching I didn't feel a 100% yesterday I had an hour sleep when I got back. Felt much better today I went home and my daughter cooked me, my mum and brother lunch today for Mother's Day which was lovely although she arrived home from her dad's with two loads of washing :yikes: Managed to do the washing and hang it out and bring it in with no problems. Back in my dungeon tonight only 6 more sleeps and I will be home permanently. My knee feels a lot better than it did yesterday but I spent most of the day with it up and putting a ice pack on it a few times.

I hope you enjoy your breakfast with your daughter and grandkids and have a lovely Mother's Day.

Also, wishing all my Bonesmartie mums a very Happy Mother's Day tomorrow! :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:

The plant my daughter brought me for Mother's Day proudly sitting on the window sill in my dungeon. [Bonesmart.org] Time to Veg Out!
 
Lovely plant Kathy, a real splash of colour for your room.
You are doing well so soon after your op, take it easy and don't push yourself too hard.
Have a lovely day today,
Hugs, Toothfairy x :SUNsmile: :flwrysmile:
 
happy mothers day kathy:martini: the lovely plant will have cheered you up and spending time with your family hope you had a great day !! i just rang my mother in law in aus to wish her the same , keep up your good work in recovery :) marie x
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom