Guest viewing is limited

TKR Time to Veg Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello Kathy,
Happy Mothers Day, to you ! You are doing great. I hope I do as well as you :ok:
I think you made the right call of going to a re-hab. The specialized care is so wonderful & by the time
you get home you won't be nervous moving around :dancy:I'm glad your mom is home :puppysmooze: Next week you will be
too. :)
Sincerely,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Kathy, glad you did ok at home for Mother's day! (except for the laundry...my grandson's always come home from their dad's with laundry too...!) The plant is a nice spot of color for your dungeon!

I am getting around better every day too. Very thankful for the ice packs I made though. I hope to get this bood pressure/sick stuff sorted out soon so I can get cleared to walk outside. I do sit on my little patio, and can put my leg up while I am out there, so that is very nice. Need to start building back some stamina. Laps from the bathroom to the kitchen don't count for much!

Have a wonderful Monday!

Love and hugs :friends:
 
Hi Kathy, gee one trip away and already the week has almost gone and you will be heading home. I could have done with that nice hydro tub of yours on Sunday evening. :groan: our Mothers Day trip to Belgenny Farm at Camden was just nice. Thousands (not kidding ) thousands of families all picnicked in the grounds and enjoyed the lovely sunny day, the children patted animals and rode on ponies and tractors etc...the whole vibe was very gentle and happy...so nice.... :yahoo: but I'm afraid the long hike through the temporary parking areas(slashed farm paddocks) was asking a bit too much of the new knee. :hairpulling: Thankfully it waited until we arrived back home before it gave out completely...and by then I was able to .ice, elevate..and rest while promising ..again :whistle: I would do better.

Home now...raining today..perfect for rest and recovery...feeling I might have caught one of the city virus's that seemed to have infected all the littlies. Nothing like smothering Gami with smooching kisses at 6am every morning...and sharing the bugs :beg:. Well we did chat about how easy it would be to pick up nasties with our immune system being a bit down. :umm:

But home is a good place to recover all that strength and energy...something about sleeping in our own bed..helps...and that is where you will be soon too Kathy.

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
You ladies are so lovely I'm glad you all had lovely Mother's Day. Gami I can just picture you trying to walk in the paddock and not jar your knee that would have been a bit scary. I hope you haven't caught anything from all those lovely hugs and kisses!

Well I have another room mate in the room next door so back to sharing the bathroon again it was lovely for a few days having it to myself. I met the lady in the gym this morning she's seems lovely so hopefully I won't see any false teeth in the bathroom tonight :yikes:

Knee only got to 90 ROM yesterday and it was a bit tight this morning in the gym so just under 90 ROM but I did give it a good work out in the pool yesterday bending, it's not hurting but just very tight. I got my BF to get me a small skateboard yesterday to use when I go home to help with the bend he wouldn't tell me what picture was on it he said it will be a surprise so will see tonight the one they have in the gym has Dora the Explorer. Have a lovely day everyone!
 
Kathy, I swear I snorted out loud (SOL) when I read you hoped there wouldn't be any false teeth in the bathroom!!
I have to admit I slacked off a bit on my home exercises over the weekend. I did manage most of the time on the CPM machine..I find it soothing and can usually take a nap while it just works away. I gradually increase the flexion until it is what I feel comfortable at plus a smidge, and just doze off. PT was here this morning, and I was pleasantly surprised when my flexion was an easy 93. Friday it was an easy 88 but with an extra oomph made it to 90 but the knee wasn't happy about it.
Maybe you will have a Hello Kitty skateboard. The possibilities are endless. And another good story!

Gami--I do hope your knee didn't talk back too much to you after your trek across the paddock and the picnic day. And germs...the littles and walking germpots I have always said.

Have a wonderful Tuesday! Hugs and love
 
Good Morning Kathy,
False teeth in the bathroom :rotfl: You are hilarious !!! Glad to hear your doing well.
Did you get to see your :puppysmooze: on your weekend out? How's your mom doing?
Talk Soon,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Well no false teeth but I can set my alarm clock on the 1am pee break she has every morning! :mcoffee: two more sleeps before the great escape from the dungeon it will be soooo good to get home! :happydance: Yes I did see my puppy dog on the weekend she was so excited she wouldn't stop crying. So she will be glad when I'm home permanently. Not getting pass the 90 ROM very frustrating but hopefully it will just give one day just very tight at the moment I think probably after the pool excerises. I have arranged to come back twice a week for 4 weeks all covered under my health fund so that is good. My brother has offered to come stay the night so I will do an afternoon session and a morning session the next day.

Well you leave it to a male to get my skateboard and this is what I get on it. Front and back pictures. :rotfl:
[Bonesmart.org] Time to Veg Out! [Bonesmart.org] Time to Veg Out!
 
Oh Kathy! Love the skateboard, gotta laugh. Kathy you're doing great. Don't worry about the ROM, it'll come. Enjoy going home, it'll be great.
 
Hi Kathy - checking in on you to make sure all is well, and as usual, you are doing fabulous!! I can so relate to wanting to get home, I started truly recovering, once I was home. But your hospital and rehab stay also sound very beneficial to you, so kudos to you for doing such a great job of it. Wonderful attitude and sense of humor you have, makes all the difference!!

Big hugs to you ... :friends:
 
Oh, My,
That is quite the skateboard ! :rotfl: :loll:By the time you read this you might be home :puppysmooze:
Have a great weekend,
Diana :flwrysmile:
 
Yes home sweet home! It's lovely being home. Went out for dinner last night and a nice steak with chips and veggies. I Went and did a bit of food shopping today and my daughter needed some wool for a school project she needs to knit squares to make a blanket to give to charity by the end of the year so looks like I will be roped into knitting squares while relaxing on the lounge. It's been the most I have walked in 3 weeks and the knee held up pretty good relaxing and icing now. :happydance: :yay: :flwrysmile:
 
landoz. Impressed you could go out and sit for any amount of time. I get so restless if I try to sit in a regular chair. Glad you are doing so well. Things going ok here, too. :egypdance: Kraaygal
 
Hi Kathy...home sweet home...but nice to do that first eating out thing again isn't it. Truly it's all about keeping in touch with how much you are asking of that new knee of yours...and it seems like you are doing okay...so glad to hear. It will be fun knitting those squares for your daughter...each one will have another phase of your recovery all woven into the finished article. Enjoy your day...but stick with the program :wink: :wink: :wink: early days require plenty of rest.
hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
It is good to be home but boy you dont't get as much rest! Busy few days haven't had time to check in and see how everyone is doing. I've had my first two day sessions of PT about 45 mins warming up, cardio and strengthening excercises which you do at all your own pace then 30 minutes in the pool. It so lovely getting into the 34 degree pool. Nothing now until next Monday just got to keep it up myself like a good girl!

Going to get my nails done tomorrow morning a bit of pampering for me. Then a friend of friend is coming to clean my house at 12pm so trying to get the house In order bit by bit so she can clean. Not sure she will make it into my daughters room 3 weeks left to her devices :yikes: she is busy in there now trying to find the floor :rotfl:

I pretty sure my :puppysmooze: is glad I'm home she is all snuggled up on her bed out of the cold. That's another I think I noticed how cold it has got I didn't notice it in the air conditioning of the Rehab centre looks like a higher power bill this winter with me home.

Take care all!
 
Kathi So glad you have made it home and sounds like you are doing great with your recovery. My recovery is doing great. My only complaint is the complete lack of energy but am hoping it will pass soon. My grandson would absolutely love your new skateboard!!
 
Well 4 weeks today time is passing so fast! I'm suppose to go back to work in two weeks :yikes: I think I will drag it out another week and then the following week just go back 3 days weeks Monday, Wednesday & Friday for two weeks to get the leg adjusted. I went and caught up with some old friends from school on Saturday night had my leg down most of the night and it handled it pretty good bit of extra swelling the next day but good considering. Went to PT today and got 94 Rom so not budging too much there but now walking unaided but when going out still take my crutch in case any one gets too close I can whack them :heehee:

Finally hot the okay to leave waterproof covering off on Sunday wound is healing up very nicely here is a pic [Bonesmart.org] Time to Veg Out!
Take care I will now go try and find some of your posts to see how you are all going!
 
That looks really good Kathy and you're coming along really well. :yay:
 
Kathy Glad you are doing well. Time is moving right along for us and every day brings us closer to getting back to our life before our knees took control. I am doing fine and trying to have patience to make it through this slow recovery. So glad we have made it to the other side and don't have all of this ahead of us!!!
 
maddoxsmama Dear Maddoxsmama! I'm not sure you are writing to me. My handle is Kraaygal and my name is Frances, not Kathy!!!! hOwever, I am glad you are doing fine. I am also. My knee is progressing well but YES, it all seems very slow. I find the rest of my body is recovering from the assault to it via the surgery, various meds, etc. Different symptoms crop up now and then. I really only want to deal with the knee. Good to be on the other side with the right knee. Still need to do the left. Scheduled for September but right now can't imagine that at all. May wait if I can a whole year. Continue the good work. Kraaygal
 
Hi Kathy - glad you got home ok, and all is well. Nice to get the house cleaned, isn't it ... but so much work cleaning up for the cleaning lady, lol!!

Your incision is healing up nicely, looks about like mine, my PT said if I get vitamin E oil and gently massage along the incision, on both sides, it would be completely flat and white, after a while. I guess it might take a year, but that's fine with me!

I forget you folks down under are on opposite seasons, it's getting hot here and you are heading towards winter!

Heard on the news today that Australians are the happiest people, some sort of survey they did, but every one I've met so far has been very happy and so friendly - just like you!! :friends:
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom