Guest viewing is limited

TKR Time to Veg Out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kathy,
Love your comment about taking the crutch along so that if anyone gets to close you can whack them! I still take my cane along for the very same reason in crowded situations...people tend to get out of your way when you have anything like that have you noticed ? And you can sashay into the handicap bathroom without anyone giving you an evil eye....:whistle:

Glad things are going well, and you are making progress!

Heidi
 
Getting the house cleaned has been wonderful otherwise is would be a slow work in progress! She doesn't do the job quite like me but I'm just glad I don't have to do it.

They always seem to have a survey for something I didn't hear about that one! You always still get your grumpy people where ever you go in the world.

With my last op in Feb I was rubbing Bio Oil on the scar not sure if available in the states but it has healed really well you can see in the photo above a scar just below my knee to the right is very faint so they do heal very quickly. I haven't used it yet on the new scar waiting for it to heal a bit more first.

The crutch or walking stick are good when you are out people jump out of your way quicker and keep their children from running into you.
:shocked:
 
landoz. Yes, Bio Oil is available here in the States. In fact, I love it! Been using it for the last few years. I Love the fragrance, and I used it on my knee scar too.
 
I had some friends from work come and visit me today and they brought lunch with them which was lovely. They also had a collection at work for me and gave me a gift certificate for beauty spa so that should be nice to enjoy in another week or two. Planning on going back to work in two weeks if the knee keeps improving either half days or three days a week to start with. Not looking forward to that enjoying being at home!
 
Th
landoz. Yes, Bio Oil is available here in the States. In fact, I love it! Been using it for the last few years. I Love the fragrance, and I used it on my knee scar too.
That's great I find it really good and you only need a little bit.
 
I'm going to look for that bio oil. Enjoy the spa certificate! My daughter and I went for mani pedis two weeks ago, it was so nice. Nice painted toenails peeking out from my sandals...maybe it will keep people from noticing the Bride of Frankenstein scar on the knee :shocked:
 
I haven't checked in for a while still slugging along ROM is just staying around 90 ish mark depending on who measures it. I have got 94 but only 90 on Tuesday. Finally saw my OS on Tuesday and he is very pleased with his work even carrying before and after photos around on his iPhone. My leg/knee Is getting stronger each week. I only have two PT sessions left next week I am hoping they will extend it OS has also written a letter to supporting it so fingers crossed. I also got the go ahead to start driving again! Bliss freedom back! OS put me on more pain killers I have only been taking tramadol occasionally but he wants me to take it twice a day. I thought I would be getting cut back.

I've committed to going back to work on Monday week 17th but just 3 days a week to start with. So I can rest in between and hopefully a PT session. Not looking forward to going back!

I have be busy planning my daughters 16th birthday party on Sunday night. We are having a candy bar so I finely have everything for that and it is starting to look really good it is a pink and white theme. I will post some pictures after the party. I have also been making pink and white pom poms today to hang around the room. Also BF birthday on Saturday so going out to the movies and dinner. I am going to need a rest come Monday.

Now I have to go find all your posts and see how everyone is going. Take care! :flwrysmile:
 
Kathy you are doing really well and its so nice to be able to drive again isnt it. I think that was the worst part for me having to ask every time you want to go somewhere for a lift or worse to write lists of shopping out while you have to stay indoors. Yours daughters party sounds lovely and I look forward to seeing the photos. Im very lucky in not having to start work especially at the moment with our lovely sunny weather. Hope you get your extra PT sessions. Take care.
 
Hi Kathy Glad to hear things are going so well for you. Hard to believe we have made it this far. The birthday party sounds really cute. Please post some pictures. Driving again and actually going places is so nice. I was ready to lose my mind staying in for so long. Every day my knee seems to get a little better and I am just loving it!! Enjoy your weekend but don't overdo!!
 
Thanks Cathy & Pat it is just heaven to drive again. I've had a little bit more pain in the knee lately but I guess that is due to moving around more and not resting as much as I was. I am walking so much better than before the Op so I am very pleased with my new knee. Just wish end bit would hurry up and get off these meds!
 
A candy bar: Now that really is a "sweet 16" birthday. Does your daughter drive yet? My son got his license shortly after my surgery. It was wonderful at first. Now I have to fight him to the car. Does that ever happen to you?

Glad you are doing well and taking time for some fun. Two weeks is not a lot of time, so enjoy your last days at home. Sure makes retirement look good.
 
I have the driving ahead of me starting Tuesday. In Australia they can't get a learners permit until they are 16 and then they need to be 17 before they get a licence and can go out driving on their own. She is booked in on her birthday on Tuesday to get her learners permit so the nagging will begin to take her for lessons if she passes.
 
Oh, Joy! Actually, it's not that bad. I do, however, see my and my husband's bad habits in my son's driving. Oops. I guess we can't undo 16 years of observation. The worst part was the jump in insurance premiums!

Hope you are feeling well. Have a good weekend.
 
landoz
Kathy
You had your TKR at the end of April.
How are you doing? :)
 
Hi Kathy nice to hear things are going along nicely with you and your new knee...I hope the party was a success and you enjoyed it as much as your daughter did. A big effort to get it all organized so soon after your op...well done. Take care,

hugs Gami :friends: :flwrysmile:
 
Hi Kathy, How are you going with your new knee. If I remember correctly you are back at work now. How are you coping with that? I hope all is going well with you. I'm sure you're out and about enjoying life again. Take care. Jenny :puppysmooze:
 
Hi Everyone

It’s been a long time since I posted I have been meaning to for ages. I’ve checked in now and then to see how everyone is going. I’m now at 15 weeks and life is getting back to the normal hustle and bustle. Knee is still healing but from what I’ve read on here all normal for at least the first 12 months. I try and ride my exercise bike every day for 20 minutes to help keep the knee moving. I do notice a difference if I miss a day or two. Also, getting back into my walking to try and loose those pounds that crept up when I was least active in the last 12 months. Knee joint itself feels great still a little bit of quad pain going up stairs and muscle and nerves are all still healing. I probably should be still be icing but rarely do.

Going back to work at 7 weeks wasn’t too bad but the exercises suffered I didn’t do as much as I would have if I was home all day. I went back 3 days a week for a couple of weeks and then back full time. Work provided me with a foot stool to rest my leg on which was good. At the end of my rehab I got to 105 which I was happy with as I can now walk down stairs reasonably normal still a bit of pain there but hopefully over time that will ease.
I saw my OS at end of July and he is happy with my progress and I can do anything accept running and jumping. I don’t see him now until my 12 month anniversary. Leg is still slightly shorter than other leg but I hardly have a limp now which is good.

I hope you are all going strong as well. Take care:flwrysmile:
 
landoz Hi!!!! Posted you a reply but posted it on my recovery thread instead of yours!! Guess my knee is getting better but not so sure about my brain!!!
 
Hi Kathy, so good to hear how you're doing. Once you're back at work and the normalities of life take over again, it's difficult to post. But so good to hear from those back into life with their new working knees. I still have a few niggles, but I don't have pain, just a little discomfort if I've over done it. Resting the knee for a short while, and we're off and ready to go again. I too have a bit of discomfort with the stairs, knee isn't happy by the end of the day, but really it's the new knee having to get used to all the things we have to do in a normal day, and eventually it'll be wonderful with eveything we make it do. Just not to have the arthritic pain is a BONUS. When that little bit of impatience creeps in I keep reminding myself that it can take a year and to be patient. I certainly did learn the art of patience in the eary days of recovery, but it's slipped somewhat!! I can't run or jump either, but it doesn't seem possible just yet. I presume we will be able to run and jump one day - never asked that question, just wanted to be able to walk. I was so good with my exercises whilst at home with nothing else to do, but it takes a bit of a backseat when life takes over again, but I try. I go to my physio once a month for him to check up on me. Flex is 130 and ext is 2, so I'm still working on that. But I can't complain. Take care Kathy and keep on keeping on with your recovery. Loved your friendship and support while we were recovering together. Hugs. Jenny :friends:
 
Kathy, I need to check in more often to see how all my BS "pen pals" are doing! Glad things have continued to improve and life is good. What would we all have done without our global support group? I love it. And no limp is fantastic.
My new right knee does some crunching and clicking but works like a charm. I still do limp but LTKR October 18th and this girl will be good as new :angel:

Heidi
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom