Guest viewing is limited

THR THR tell me about your recovery

4 years?! Time flies, my friend.

Happy 4 years for Righty...
You have been a tremendous support and help for so many members over this time...thank you @Eman85
Hope your Thanksgiving is Sweet!
 
@Eman85 Happy Hipaversary and hope you have a great Thanksgiving!.
 
I appreciate the comments, I just try to relate my real-world experiences with my hips. Both are different but both have eliminated the deep bone ache and the jolting sharp bone on bone pain they had. The right still has that one muscle that is "tender" but it has gotten better over time and doesn't really bother me.
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.
 
Happy Four Year Anniversary, Eman!
Thank you so much for sticking around in support and encouragement of others.
Your common sense approach and Eman's Shopping Cart Therapy will never grow old. :wink:
I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!
@Eman85
 
6 years on my left, celebrated with a visit to my OS and now a scheduled PT appointment. All of this still lingering problems from my major Overdo last year. Pretty much back to normal with my left except for a little nagging weakness in my quads. OS office still sends me follow up emails and a survey at every anniversary.
 
It's cool your OS remains interested in how you're doing! Please let us know how it goes with PT.
 
Happy Six Years, Eman!
I am sorry you're still dealing with the aftermath of overdoing it. I hope PT helps. Please stay in touch and let us know how it's going for you. Best of luck!
@Eman85
 
Happy 6 year hip anniversary Eman.
Hope you start feeling better with some PT. Have you had therapeutic massage? I love them.
 
Been doing PT once a week, of course with homework. Got a PT recommendation from my pharmacist, turns out we have a lot of mutual friends and it's 2 mi. from the house. Thigh had knots or adhesions in the quads so that's where we started with rolling and massage. Found how weak my leg is when she wanted me to stand on my one foot and reach, like a golfers reach. Progressed to needling with electric pulses, what fun! 3 weeks in so far and the thigh pain has lessened now trying to build it back. Bonus is I'm getting some shoulder stretches and exercises too, shoulders are what wakes me now instead of hips.
 
I had forgotten all about my R THR's anniversary until I got my follow up email from my OS. I know it's computer generated, and I wonder if anyone actually reads the responses to the questions, but it is nice to get it. They've always been just a phone call away and always promptly return my calls and get me in quick if I need to see them. Happy to report right is doing well, that 1 muscle in the back that gave me trouble from the start can still be sore at times. I have full strength and can do anything I want to do but when exercising I can feel that one sore spot at times.
 
Happy (if a bit belated) 5-year Hip-versary, @Eman85. Mine is coming up next month!
 
@Eman85 Happy Hipversary! I can relate to those pesky sore spots. My OS always comes through for me as well. So comforting to know they’re there. If I need to, I visit. I get recommendations, we go from there. I always keep in mind how bad I was before the THR and how good I am now. It keeps me grounded and things in perspective. Wishing you continued success going forward.
 
Happy Five Year Anniversary, Eman!
Boy...time flies! I can't believe it's been five years already.
It is good that, Righty, is serving you well, for the most part. I hope you have a nice Thanksgiving next week and a wonderful holiday season overall!
@Eman85
 
Happy 5 year milestone! I've always enjoyed your postings & comments have been very helpful to me back in my early days of recovery so I thank you for that.
Stay well.
 
Hi Eman,
Thanks for your dedicated support here, years after your own recovery. It is appreciated.
May you and yours have a lovely Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year!
@Eman85
 
Happy SIX YEAR Anniversary, Eman!
I hope both Righty and Lefty are still going strong and steady.
Wishing you a happy holiday season and a great 2026!
@Eman85
 
Thanks @Layla, wishing the best to you.
Left and right doing well, just mentioned to my wife that today was an anniversary. Both have their small issues on the left it's the quads and on the right it's the glutes that are tender sometimes. I can still do everything I want to do and somethings I shouldn't do.
Just got my anniversary email survey from my OS.
 
Thank you, Eman! I'm happy to read you're doing well overall. My OS's, PA reminded me early on that the prosthetic will never match our natural joint, but it gets pretty darned close and I'm sure you can attest to that.
I can also.
I'm impressed by your surgeon still keeping yearly tabs on you. You found yourself a good one!
@Eman85
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom