THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

So-last night I SLEPT!! Very well actually!! I followed advice and took a Benadryl & omg I was OUT. I only woke up to use restroom twice & stretch, but otherwise I had a wonderful night of good sleep. Idk if it is good to take those nightly or not, but I definitely will try that again on one of my restless nights.
 
Hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving!! I’m having a low key thanksgiving this year. Just not up to doing a whole lot. Going to eat too much & take a nice nap-lol. Thanks to everyone in this group for being so kind, helpful & supportive during this difficult & challenging time.
 
Best to you and yours @msart !
I'm making my traditional Thanksgiving dinner: sourdough crust calzone! :heehee:
 
What a thoughtful post. :) Thanks for sharing your journey here and supporting others!
I hope you have a lovely Thanksgiving!
@msart
 
Thanksgiving wishes to you as well msart!
The woman I assist at dog rescue came by yesterday afternoon with a French meat pie for me to enjoy.
That will be lunch.
We held our family "Thanksgiving" celebration in October. My DIL's birthday is then & easier to set a date & get everyone together & I make huge turkey dinner. My son (her husband) is ER nurse so he works on Thanksgiving & her parents generally travel to NY to visit their other daughter so it works out in October to have everyone then. We are a fairly non traditional family in many ways.
My partner is going to his son's house & of course I am invited but opted for my PJ's & couch & watch Macy's parade & dog show after that, some football as well.
Have a wonderful day.
 
I had a FIRST today!! My little dog Lily had a crisis in middle of night, she’s 16 & in heart failure so I’m hyper sensitive to any noise she makes since her diagnosis. Lily sleeps at the foot of my bed so I hopped up out of bed right away & got on my knees right beside her to figure out what was wrong. That being said, I have not been on both knees or on the ground, except for my exercises & I do so gingerly. And do you know what? In that 10 min or so, I did not feel one bit of uncomfortableness!!! I did not notice this until I was getting up, I think this is a big step, I actually felt nothing but NORMAL for that few minutes. So maybe, hopefully either my mind or my body is getting ready for me to feel somewhat normal.

Btw-Lily is doing just fine, she had a bad breathing attack. I gave her- her medicine & we cuddled back to sleep❤️‍❤️‍.
 
I'm so glad you were there for Lily AND that's a fantastic milestone!!!!

I clearly remember with my second knee that at a certain point I gingerly knelt on the carpeted floor - not for the first time - and then realized I was standing again, having gotten up without having to parse out the steps.

These glimpses of "normal and better than the old normal" are such a morale booster!!!
 
@msart I'm so glad Lily is OK! Your experience brought me a grin and a dear memory! About 3 months after my BTHR I chased one of my big Maine Coon cats (about 20lbs) upstairs, got on my stomach, hauled her out from under a bed, carried her downstairs (wiggling and protesting loudly) to get her into her crate for a trip to the groomers ..... all without thinking about having new hips! That first time "forgetting" about having a new hip (or 2) is a major milestone and one to cherish :yes!::wowspring::flwrysmile:
 
Glad Lily is doing ok, boy it's scary when they are elderly & having health issues.
Love moments like this when our minds over take the body & just do what we have to do.
 
Happy Sunday!! Big news-last night I slept on my surgery side-left!! I have been unable-probably scared. But I did it-I felt a few weird sensations-like quivering-but they subsided. My body was in disbelief I think. This had been a long time coming. Little glimpses of my old self are coming back-and I MISSED HER. I’ll be so happy when this is all a king of the past!!
 
Congratulations! That's a major milestone, @msart. :wowspring:

Glad to read that you are starting to feel like yourself again. It's going to be a great new year with your new hip.
 
msmart,
I'm so aware of my surroundings now just like you mentioned in your post, doors, stairs, dip in sidewalk, potential areas that we can trip...yes, once this occurs (I slipped on ice), we now check out each & every possible "danger" in our day.
Me too. I've been out a few times and get quite nervous in crowded places - people bumping you and stepping out without looking, children and dogs suddenly getting under your feet...Find I need to keep a bit of safe space round me.
 
@flamingoprint I am still like that. I scan my area-even the kind of cushions that are on chairs-bc the cushioned ones feel much better-lol. I’m very aware of my surroundings & I certainly do not wish to be out Christmas shopping right now. Thank goodness most of that is taken care of. I think I’d have some serious anxiety.
 
I am due to visit my family for Christmas in the US and I have already started prepping them. I may need extra pillows on my bed. I will need to rest more. I will need to sit where I can put my legs up. No, grandsons, I won't be able to play soccer this time. (I couldn't before anyway). I am emphasising that I am still recovering.
 
At my 4 month mark I flew to my son's house in Texas for a week or so. I was using a cane & was ok getting through the airports. As soon as I walked in the airport in Boston & they saw I was using a cane they asked if I wanted a wheelchair. No thanks, think I'll be fine & I have to sit for 4 hours on the plane so walking at that time seemed like the right thing to be doing.
See if you can get an aisle seat that way you can get up & move around a bit.
Hope you have a safe & wonderful time.
 
Back
Top Bottom