Hip Infection THR from hell

Update: It seems to be going away. Im still on antibiotics. Non the less it did worry me.
 
Good news! Of course it worried you. We don't want anymore bumps in this recovery road!
 
Hi @Fractured
I'm sure it did worry you. I'm happy it appears to be going away.
Please keep us posted, you know we care about you.
Hope you have a nice Thursday!
 
Where's the avatar for Whew!:dubious:

Happy when Fractured is finally mended.
Bet by Christmas, you are going to feel like all is going up and away!
Good news @Fractured !:tada:
 
OMG Mojo That would be a fine Christmas Present. The abscess is going down considerably. I hope everyones weekend is great!!
 
Yay! :happydance:
You stop this nonsense now.
Holidays coming, you need to be well.
I'm sending one up for you on this lovely Sunday :prayer:
Hope you have a good week!
@Fractured
 
Wishing you nothing but all the best.
2019 will be Your Year!
 
Hmmmmm... You know me. Went to the ortho yesterday. He drained 40CC's from a seroma. Doesnt seem to be infected but did a culture now the less. I have a mini pocket version of a wound vac called a PICO. Feels much better today with all that fluid out of there. Hope everyone is doing well.
 
Gosh - the saga continues! But sounds like you are back on track. Well done!
 
@Fractured Keeping all crossed for you, glad it feels comfortable, I had a pico neat little thing isnt it!, sure all will be well. better out than in.xx
 
:gaah: Make the madness stop.
You have 46 more days, for set backs, then no more. Zero, Ziltch, Nada.
2019 WILL be your year....I just know it. :yes:
 
:unsure:I'm really glad they are staying on top of things.
I hate to hear you are back to a wound vac, but necessary evils.
I'm sending you all the best, @Fractured :yes:
 
Last edited:
When do you go back for recheck?
Does it seem to be looking better @Fractured ?
How about Turkey Day? Plans?

Just have been thinking of you and hoping all is getting better.:console2:
 
@Mojo333 Yes it seems to be getting better. Thigh is still sore. Go back on Tuesday, hopefull get this wound vac off. Staying home for TG and relaxing. Shot this last night...
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
 
Ain't nature grand! Beautiful photo!
You do good work there @Fractured !
I pray by Christmas you will be on the short Rows!:beg:
 
Beautiful photo! Great job.
Prayers you get good news on Tuesday so you can enjoy Thanksgiving.
Please update us, you know we'll be thinking of you.
@Fractured
 
Hope the culture is negative and all is well when you go back for recheck.
Get that "little sucker" off of you maybe!:) :-) (:
Don't know of you have plans for Turkey Day but hope all is getting better.
Let us know when you know!
:fingersx:
 
Last edited:
Good luck today.
Sending up a prayer :prayer: that you get a good report.
Stay in touch...
@Fractured
 
Hello Everybody.... Happy Thanksgiving! What am I thankful for?? Hmmm Family and this forum thats kept me going thru all the nonsense that is about to start up again. Ortho said on Tuesday that I have a small concentration of a low level infection that will respond to any and all antibiotics. What does that mean??

Well Monday, I go in for a clean out. I had an MRI on yesterday. It showed a pocket of fluid on the exterior of my thigh. Didn't look like it went deep to me. I have this enormous Seroma on the scar that keeps on growing. See attached pics that are 1 week apart. Well I came this far what the heck right? Worts case scenario. Another hip spacer.... Best case scenario. Wash out, picc line, and wound vac. I'm sure you all know which one I'm rooting for! LOL
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom