Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

I think leaking is what they want it to do?:umm:I think.

Just don't want it to abscess..so I think leaking is good?
Will be checking with you to see how all went!
:fingersx:
 
@ Fractured, Thank goodness they are going to get that thing out and hopefully all the gunge will drain beautifully into the wound vac and it will feel more comfortable--please give it the evil eye from me!! Hugsxx
 
Best of luck on procedure today.
Please do let us know how things go.
:praying:
 
Me too :yes:...what our friend clodaghcov said :)
 
Me too!:yes:
Post when possible.
 
@everyone. Surgery was 3.5 hours. They split the femur open like a book to remember be the old implant. They installed an antibiotic spacer again along with antibiotic beads. The seroma was pushing thru the tissue and was st the bone. So far... 6 weeks with a picc line. Then 4 to 6 weeks of Cypro. Follow by months of doxycycline. My spirits are good. I needed 2 pints of blood. I sat up last night. Even stood up to use the P bottle. I was able to get out of bed and stand by myself this morning. Tje femur is very sore when I move. But laying still I have maybe a 1 for pain. Thank you as always for all your prayers and well wishes. I go home Mon or Turs. And no need for pain meds
 
I'm so sorry. It's unfortunate you continue to deal with this. I was so hoping this last one was going to be it.
I'm thankful you're in good spirits. It's the best way to be. We're here for you and will continue to be.
I hope you have a peaceful night. :console2:
@Fractured
 
Fractured, I am so very sorry, but, hey ho, we will keep each other company, at least we have the right temperment to cope with these ups and downs and by golly they sure are testing us, i think we follow a pretty similar line,but, better those bugs out than in the little horrors. Rest.xx
 
@everyone. Surgery was 3.5 hours. They split the femur open like a book to remember be the old implant.
:flabber:You always have such a wonderful way with words...always have. Your graphic description had my leg hurting now. Sympathy pains?:console2:

I'm sorry the saga continues.
Poor you and poor dear wife.

I am praying for your health and patience. You've been through so much.
All the best @Fractured
 
Stopping by to say, Hi.
Wondering how you're doing?
I hope you're comfortable and resting / sleeping well.
A peaceful rest of the week to you, Greg
@Fractured
 
:wave: @Fractured
Wondering how things were going?
Guessing you are home?
Pop in with an update when up to it
Just wishing you Well!:yes:
 
@Fractured I hope you are doing well now 9 days out. Are you allowed weight bearing? Thinking pf you and sending healing vibes from afar..

I visited Sun City in the early 70s when my father lived in Phoenix. I understand it was built on the site of the former ghost town of Marinette.



 
Thinking of you this morning.
Hoping all is well. I'm sure you've about had it with all of this.
Prayers for patience, comfort and healing.
I hope today is a good one for you!
@Fractured
 
@ Fractured, Hi knowing you im sure you will be finding something to smile or joke about! hard times we know but thinking of you. Hugsxx
 
Hello everybody... This has been the most painful by far. The first 5 days were hell. Especially if I take pain meds. I usually avoid them but had no option this time. Leg drain a ton yesterday... 500ml total. Really took a lot of pressure off my leg. Im tying to joke but this surgery is kicking me ars!! Swelling is starting to go down as well. I'm doing my best. Thanks for all the well wishes!!
 
@Fractured I so know the pain and how you are feeling,but, better that its all coming out for sure will do no good inside. I just have had to take painkillers when necessary, just no point in extra suffering, I know how hard it will be be, but i also know you will be joking and larking about---be kind to yourself! Hugsxx
 
I do hate that this is being so hard.:sad:
Do take your pain meds, @Fractured.
Your body needs a reprieve from the pain.
I'm still praying daily and know that you will get through this.:beg:
 
Pleased you popped in @Fractured and let us know how you are doing. Sorry to hear it is giving you grief but best that nasty invader is escaping. Keep your chin up. You have been through so much in such a short period of time and you can make it through this trying part of your journey.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom