Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Just received this in an email see photo https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK442017/ which I don't understand. I call my wife the cleaning Gestapo. We have always kept the wound clean and dry? Oh I remember. It's that thing I have... Bad Luck? LOL

[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
 
I'm so very sorry. This is so unfortunate.
I will be praying that the washout, picc line and wound vac eradicates the infection.
You've suffered through so much already. This feels so unfair. Please know we'll continue to be here for you as you move forward. I hope you're able to enjoy a peaceful Thanksgiving day.
Big hugs to you, Greg :console2::prayer:
@Fractured
 
What's unfortunate about it? It says "no organisms seen". You're clear!

Also Gram stain says NO organisms seen! Just white blood cells which is normal
The list of antibiotics indicates that if you did need them, they would be the ones that would work on you!
 
@Fractured You have done it before and you will be that brave and positive guy again and deal with it with humour and relentless energy, it only happens to we toughies so we have to be an example to others!

Hoping which ever way they go you will soon be in not so much pain and discomfort, big hugs brave boyxx
 
Thank you. Like I said earlier, I'm thankful for my family and this forum.... my extended family! Hopefully its just a clean out and that's it.

Turkey is in we eat at 330pm Arizona time YUM!! I don't know about all of you but I'm going to eat like I'm goin to the chair.... LOL Tx as always for the pick me up!
 
So are we misunderstanding that there's a confirmed infection? @Fractured
@Josephine what does the "light growth" under Culture for Proteus Mirabillis mean?
 
@Fractured I hope you come back and read the input you received from our expert. Sounds like the news is good!
 
:wave: I can imagine you would continue to be super anxious as you have been through so much.

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving.
I DID eat like I was going to the chair...and then I did go to The Chair...my wonderful recliner!

Then, went back for desserts! Don't know if I needed that for my new hips!?
Pecan or pumpkin pie?
[Bonesmart.org] THR from hell
 
I don't understand why they just cant cut this seroma thing out and put me on oral Cypro?? Thank you Josephine!! I was told I would have surgery Monday.... It's 2PM and I haven't heard a word?? I hope everybody had a great Thanks Giving! Mojo... My favorite is always PECAN PIE!!! They look Yummy!!
 
Please let us know how it goes tomorrow.
We'll be thinking of you.
@Fractured
 
Hi @Fractured
Hope you're doing well. Also hoping whatever procedure you had done today is a success.
Will look forward to an update.
Wishing you comfort and healing.
 
Hi :wave:
Hope you're doing okay....
Post when you're able. We look forward to hearing from you.
@Fractured
 
OK surgery is set for Thursday. I'm praying its only a washout and a wound vac. Thank you for all the well wishes. Let ya know asap
 
That thing is gross, hopefully it just deflates and goes away.
I feel so bad for you and your wife. You must be at your wits end.
I just looked at the photo again. The rest of your scar looks so good!

We'll be thinking of you on Thursday.
Prayers all goes well and this is the end of the set backs.
@Fractured
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom