Guest viewing is limited

Hip Infection THR from hell

Man, one stubborn infection.
I know you had to be disappointed.
Praying the two weeks go by quickly for you.
Wishing you all the best and praying that wound vac gets the job done and promotes healing.
:console2:
 
@Fractured Well, that bites, but as Clodaghov says, it's better to be safe than sorry. Keep your spirits up, this will be over soon. Hugs!
 
@ everbody... Well on a good note.. My WBC is 6. The incision is a little sore but thats it. Sitting still and staying put is no fun!! have a great weekend!!!
 
I hope you're having a nice weekend @Fractured
Wishing you a great week.
Hang in there, hopefully this mess will be over soon.
 
I also want to add well wishes.
How's it going?
Keeping you in our thoughts!:console2:
 
I should think so.
Poor @Fractured!
I would imagine it is very hard to stay upbeat as this has gone on so long.
Are you liking your new home?
When will your next "check" for status on this be?
Continue to pray All resolved soon.
 
Hopefully this delay ends soon.
We understand it's all for a purpose, but can't help feeling sorry for you. It feels like "enough already."
You are going to have a lot of catching up to do real soon.
That's where our work will come in, trying to slow you down :heehee: I can see it already.
Hope today is a good one.
@Fractured
 
@everybody... All 55 staples were taken out yesterday. Leg feels much better already. They might have to extend my IV antibiotics... Bottom of the wound looks a little aggravated. All in all feeling better. Less pain and walking with a limp unassisted. I cant wait to get rid of this wound vac.
 
:holysheep: Still can't believe it....55! Can't imagine how long it took to remove them.
I hope the IV and wound vac are soon history, but you'd rather be safe than sorry.
Wishing you and your wife a nice weekend.
@Fractured
 
Man what a pile of staples!
Has to feel better...
I know the wound vac has got to be annoying but they really do fabulous work on infection.
My sister had to use one and I believe honestly it saved her foot!
Praying all is getting well:praying:
Keep the faith @Fractured
 
Last edited:
@Fractured they sure are wonderful things those wound vacs when i look at my scar i find it hard to believe its been opened 4 times this year and that wound vac was what made it all possible., such a pain the IVs but better abit longer if its necessary but it is hard for you, wonderful to be walking you are really on the way, just these last little things to sort and you will soon be running like a bionic manxx
 
Yea Staples are out. I go tomorrow to the the ortho. My leg felt much better the next day!!! Wound vac isnt producing anything! Hopefully I'm on my way this time.
 
:praying:
I will be thinking of you @Fractured along with all of your BS pals!:fingersx:
 
Prayers you are truly on your way this time.
Let us know how your appt goes.
We'll be waiting to hear...
@Fractured
 
@everybody... Wellllllll Ortho said he was pleasantly surprised at ho good the wound looked. I still have a wound vac but only on 1/3 of the incision. 11 days of IV antibiotics left. Ortho was happy how i was walking. I kind of progressed to a limp versus the 18 month old with a full diaper walk. Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!!!
 

Members online

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom