THR THR - 2 years I think

Hello everyone, I’ve been away from the forum for ages,.Im not very consistent am I, shame on me. I hope you are all well and growing stronger and more confident every day. I’m walking more now without my walking frame, but on bad days I use my walker. It’s a struggle with the arthritis in my shoulders and neck, but there’s people far worse off. My friend Tony is still in hospital, but Social services are involved now as the hospital want him discharged. Between them, and Tony’s next of kin, and my son and I we’ve found him a really brilliant care home. His own room, his own telephone, wardrobe, divan bed, lovely views ,ensuite etc., all good reviews, and we’ve found people around us who we know giving good reports. It’s up to my son and me to help ease Tony into his new chapter in life,and that it will be as fulfilling and good for him
 
:hi:So great Tony will have a supportive safe place .
I know you have to be relieved!

Hope your hip is doing well and you will have more time to worry about you!
Very happy to hear from you!:ok:
 
What a kind, loving and devoted friend you are to, Tony, Ursula. He's blessed to have you in his life.
I'm sorry you're struggling with an arthritic neck and shoulders. It would slow down the Recovery of your hip.
I wonder if you worked with Physio at getting away from using an assistive device if it would relieve some of the strain on your neck and shoulders? Something to consider.
It was nice to hear from you, please stay in touch.
I hope your week is a good one!
@Ursula72
 
Hi @Ursula72 ....you sound to have been pretty busy, no wonder you haven't had time to post much.....just good to hear from you tho, and that Tony will be more settled....a weight off your mind to know that he is in a good place where he can make his room his own....I hope he'll be very happy there and he has such unstinting support from you and your son too. I hope this will enable you to concentrate more on yourself now.....maybe if you can get hip no 2 sorted you won't be so reliant on your walker, and that will relieve the strain on your shoulders? This arthritis thing is so miserable.....until I was told I had it a couple of years ago I didn't know anyone with it, and just thought it was more of a nuisance than anything else :doh:.....since I've been on this forum I've learned better, and have such respect for all the people who battle daily with the pain and immobility it can cause.....keep going Ursula, we're all cheering you on :yay::friends:
 
:wave:Hope Marlene is behaving.
Hope you have been able to get out and do some things for You!
:ok:
 
:hi: Everyone and a good morning. Yes Tony’s in his new home now,lots of folk there, and careers too. Nice and light and airy and good food too, he had his favourite fish n Chips yesterday. I’m going with my son David on Sunday so I’ll see it all first hand. My hip...Marlene is doing ok....if my left hip gets worse then I’ll see the doctor,and ifI have to have a thr Ill have to choose a name for it ! I hope you all have a peaceful and a happy weekend my fellow hip hero’s xxx
 
You too Friend:loveshwr:
 
Great news on Tony! It sounds like he's in a much brighter, safer, happier place.
I'll bet that's comforting to you too, Ursula. I know how concerned you've been for him.
Glad Marlene is behaving. I hope you have a lovely weekend!
@Ursula72
 
Hahaha! Love Mojo's suggestion above. You have to consider that, Ursula.
If / when the time comes.
Hope you have a great week!
@Ursula72
 
Funny I was thinking today what should I call my left hip replacement if I need one....I never thought of Darlene!,,, perfect! Darlene it will be if I have to have a second hip....a matching pair...twins
 
I know you have had alot on your plate...but you seriously need to concentrate on you.
I sure hope you are doing okay!?
We hippies have had a unique journey, and you need to enjoy a little peace...and fun.
Hugs to you, friend!:friends:
 
Last edited:
Happy Four Month Anniversary! (Yesterday)
I hope you have a wonderful Sunday and week to come.
Hugs :loveshwr:
@Ursula72
 
Me too, what Layla said!
Happy 4 month birthday Marlene!
:yahoo:
 
Happy 4 month anniversary from another 4 month hippy! I'm glad things are better with you and your friend Tony.
 
Hello Layla,Mojo 333, and luvsibes, thanks for my 4 month best wishes...time flies. I’m walking more and more without my walking frame, I even find myself walking off and forgetting I’ve left the frame behind somewhere.I still get main on the operation site, I think it’s the muscle the surgeon cut through to get at the hip joint etc., my thigh hurts too when I’ve done too much. Must look after my mate Marlene!
Tony is nicely settled in a home. All the careers like him as he’s always ready with a smile and a joke.hes got a lovely room with an en suite(I think that’s. how you spell it)....they get fed well,and every Friday its coffee and cake morning.
Ive bought myself a supplement called Bone Smart by Silvertown Health. Hope they help.
Luvsibes....Happy 4 month anniversary to you too. xxx
 
Hi :hi:
Good news you're walking more without the walker! :yay:
Tony sounds like he's in a wonderful place. I'm sure it's comforting for you to know he's being well cared for.
Hope you have a nice weekend and great week to come!
@Ursula72
 
Back
Top Bottom